Will Hampton have to move up to 2A

WhoaNellie

And where was Midway come playoff time?????? Ask anyone who was there, we lost our starting tailback against

Cosby, and I beleive that anyone would agree that Cosby lost alot of wind after that game because of the huge buildup. Doesn't matter though, we will compete in 2A just fine.

If you are forced into 2A, what region will you be in and who are some of the teams that you will play?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are forced into 2A, what region will you be in and who are some of the teams that you will play?

Weakest 2a region in the State,region 1 2a. The only bad thing is we would have to go against the toughest region in the state early in the playoffs. Region 2 2a has had umpteen state champs over alot of years.

Check your facts. GP won the conference last year with South Greene second and CG third. How about this example. Last season Hampton beat Cosby 28-21. Midway beat the same Cosby team 36-14 the week after they got hammered by GP 45-7 with starters resting from the second half of the 2nd quarter on.

you are right, I was wrong, I was thinking of 2005. but here are some FACTS. 2006: Coalfield beat CG 46-0, then GP only beat CG 49-12, then Hampton beat Coalfield 30-12. 2005: CG won the conference by going 9-1 in the regular season. Their only loss that year was to Coalfield 21-19. Hampton beat that same Coalfield team 26-14. I believe Hampton would easily hold their own and would have won the conference the past 2 years. This year would have been the toughest I think though...

you are right, I was wrong, I was thinking of 2005. but here are some FACTS. 2006: Coalfield beat CG 46-0, then GP only beat CG 49-12, then Hampton beat Coalfield 30-12. 2005: CG won the conference by going 9-1 in the regular season. Their only loss that year was to Coalfield 21-19. Hampton beat that same Coalfield team 26-14. I believe Hampton would easily hold their own and would have won the conference the past 2 years. This year would have been the toughest I think though...

It may have been, but last year CG was only 3rd in the region. GP's '06 team is arguably better than this years. Don't get me wrong, Hampton is a quality program. I just don't think they have the horses to compete with GP and CG year in and year out. GP is a traditional power. Use the example of their '05 team all you want, but that's the only GP team in the past 25 years to finish with a losing record. CG just finished their 5th season as program and they're headed in the right direction. As one poster said, Hampton had trouble last year when Townsend went down. To compete in 2A, you can't be that dependent upon a single player. I wish Hampton luck, however, I see them playing as the third fiddle to GP and CG if and when the move up.

It may have been, but last year CG was only 3rd in the region. GP's '06 team is arguably better than this years. Don't get me wrong, Hampton is a quality program. I just don't think they have the horses to compete with GP and CG year in and year out. GP is a traditional power. Use the example of their '05 team all you want, but that's the only GP team in the past 25 years to finish with a losing record. CG just finished their 5th season as program and they're headed in the right direction. As one poster said, Hampton had trouble last year when Townsend went down. To compete in 2A, you can't be that dependent upon a single player. I wish Hampton luck, however, I see them playing as the third fiddle to GP and CG if and when the move up.

I agree that Hampton probably could not win it every year but they would definately compete. GP is a very good program and they will always be tough but I am not sure about CG. When were in 2A we were 2-0 against CG. As for losing Townsend, yea they struggled when they lost him against Cosby because they had to change there whole game plan in MID-GAME and they had no time to prepare. He was the leading rusher in the state (in any division) and the #16 rusher in the nation when he was hurt so, yea you are right, that hurt. But when they had time to gameplan they were right back to killing teams. Townsend got hurt in week 7. In weeks 11,12, and 13 (first 3 rounds of the playoffs without Townsend) they beat Oneida 27-2, Harriman 42-7, and Coalfield 30-12. So they were not at all dependent on one player. Get your facts straight...

I believe that not only Hampton but Oneida have over the 361 limit to be in single A. In fact there are some schools in AA that have less students then either of these schools. Could someone explain this to me?

Click on the site below for the # reported to the T$$AA in 2006

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/e2007...enrollments.htm

Schools in Division I playing football have been divided into five classes based on the total number of schools playing football; therefore, schools are classified as follows:

5A - Schools with an enrollment of 1,348 and above

4A - Schools with an enrollment of 961 to 1,347

3A - Schools with an enrollment of 675-957

2A - Schools with an enrollment of 364-673

1A - Schools with an enrollment of 361 and under

I hope they do not have to move up this is NET only chance at State Championship. 2005/06 enrollment per Blue Ribbon no child left behind was 466 which is way over the 361 cutoff.....

Where did you get the above numbers at. 1A was 396 and under in 2004. Hampton reported 393, but was well over 400 the next school year and has increased every year since. They are now the largest 1A in the state

Where did you get the above numbers at. 1A was 396 and under in 2004. Hampton reported 393, but was well over 400 the next school year and has increased every year since. They are now the largest 1A in the state

Its anybody's guess what the classifacations will look like the next time, they could do a number of things. They may seperate Publics and Privates. If so,'they might go to 4 classes. The way it is now ,they just devive all the schools by 5. Shoot ,they might even address the open enrollment situation. Several 1a schools are in pretty good sized Counties and the kids can go to any of the schools in the County. It don't really matter what they do, because there is no way to please everyone. The little rural schools like Cloudland are going to be at a disadvantage anway it goes. People lose sight of things anyway. Sports is just a good way of teaching diapline,hard work and accountability. Its just another tool to help develop kids so they can achieve out in the big world. When you learn to do things with pride and effort, it will help you the rest of your life.

I believe that not only Hampton but Oneida have over the 361 limit to be in single A. In fact there are some schools in AA that have less students then either of these schools. Could someone explain this to me?

I think you must be from Unaka because both Oneida and Hampton beat you. Did you REALLY join this forum on November 20? I think this is another name you created because you are from the creek -and I think you post under numerous other names. The only way you can win is to be in a little league of your own. Hey why not change the rules. Holding your kids back in the fourth, fifth and sixth grade doesn't work - so hey lets move up the competition into another classification. Unaka has the same enrollment as Hampton. TSSAA and the Dept. of Education needs to look at Unaka's enrollment VERY close.

TheDogFather

If Hampton is going to win the state, they will have to do it this year, cause they will never do it once they go to 2A. If I remember correctly, Hampton didn't do too well in 2A during recent years.

If I remember correctly, Cloudland hasn't done anything in 1A the past couple of years. Hampton owns Cloudland no matter what clases that they are in. Cloudland had a good run there at the beginning of the new milenium but it is back to the way it has always been...