It's Funny

etcoach

It is funny, but when your team is good, everyone else seems to be down. Being a WB supporter, this year the Govs have a very good team. They have beaten DB, Sev Co, and Ooltewah. Well those teams are down, aren't they? Or are they?

I guess the jury is still out on that one but I hear they will be giving a verdict around 10 pm tonight.

I guess the jury is still out on that one but I hear they will be giving a verdict around 10 pm tonight.

I guarantee you if WB wins tonight, several will still say the jury is out because all I am hearing all week is that Maryville is "down." Remember, they have beaten everyone by 21 or more and have won 49 in a row. But, they are "down!"

I guarantee you if WB wins tonight, several will still say the jury is out because all I am hearing all week is that Maryville is "down." Remember, they have beaten everyone by 21 or more and have won 49 in a row. But, they are "down!"

I would not worry myself with what people will say if you do beat Maryville, if you do beat them it is an accomplishment anytime. That being said, do not count on beating them without playing a great game.

My rebels are a good football team,I don't know about "down" but i don't think they are as good as they have been in the past. gone from last year are two great LBs and two great RBs where is MHS struggling this year?LB&RB if they fall tonight it will be to a good WB football team and WB should be very proud. Under your line of thinking does this mean that evrybody has been "down" for the last 3 years?

Maryville is down...but only by Maryville standards. I think we can all agree that they've set the bar pretty high for themselves. Anything short of an undefeated, state championship season constitutes a "down year" at this point. And even when they win the question is "are they the best MHS state championship team?"

If WB wins tonight it will have done so over a quality and worthy opponent, and all credit will be given where it is due.