MBA vs Ensworth High

whoisjeff

Ensworth didn't crush Ravenwood. I watch the scrimmage scored on one run up the middle and two out on the corner runs. Since then, Ensworth has made out like the scrimmage was David beating Goliath, like it gave some creditability to their Ensworth program when Ravenwood had three returning starters from 2006.

It seems as if Ensworth is suffering from identity crisis here. Best way to resolve this identity crisis is to shut-up and put-up. If the Ensworth program is really on the rise, take care of your opponents, then everyone else will do the talking before you. All I seen here is Ensworth trying to justify their existence with the top tier programs like MBA without history of backing it up. I have seen enough here to know MBA must be jack-up by fuel supplied by the comments posted by the Ensworth enthusiast as if they needed the fuel. Beat a few more teams, win the championship and we will all sing praises to Ensworth.

Ravenwood has played BA, MBA, and scrimmage Enworth, therefore I have develop an opinion on how this will play out.

Ensworth will try the running up the middle and MBA will try to stuff it for short yardage. Ensworth will work on the corner runs and may score two touchdowns on the quick end runs against the MBA defensive secondary. Offense is very good but the defense lacks playmakers for air game. It is subject to weakness to opposing air game but good for ground game.

MBA has the best offensive line, bar none. They will bore you to death with short runs up the middle. Then dump it off to Bartholomew seven to ten yards out when you thought Ben was blocking for a run. If MBA wants to, then can go to eight man line and pound it for short 3-4 yardage gains for consistent series of first down to shorten the game. The only defense that has a chance to stop MBA running game consistently is BA all-pro defensive line. MBA defensive secondary is suspect but the linebacker has the nose to find the ball carrier in run situations. Defensive line is not overpowering like BA defensive line but they do a decent job of shutting down the run. MBA field goal kicker is out of this world good. If the game is close and within the forty yard line, he is a game winner. I predict the kicker leg will win it for MBA.

5.) is that not an accomplishment for a brand new school that just joined this division? Give them credit, that is something for them to be proud about being a new school.

4.)he was wrong Hillsboro was

3.) they did, they crushed them, it is sad but true but scrimmages dont mean all that much, but do mean something

2.) Scrimmages dont mean that much, Ensworth didnt prepare for this, just testing out some plays

1.) you post under the alias mfalc04

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You totally took what I said out of context....we all know scores matter in a game for a win... You really don't want to do this...get into a debate with me regarding how good a team is....PLEASE guys that follow my posts...tell this youngblood not to do it...you will lose hard and embarrasing....my bet is I have been around much longer than you in the TN high school football arena...promise you..decades BEFORE CoachT..probably played my last game at BA BEFORE you were born.....I will not waste my time with you on this matter other than to say that I believe Ensworth has some really good athletes, facilities and coach in general. The formula you have worked up on how great Ensworth is is hilarious.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ..I have total respect for the program, but you are putting yourself in shoes you have never walked. McCallie is a good football team...not great.....rebuilding....yes......You have no tradition outside of 7-8th grade ball since inception, and I have no recollection of you in the late 70's being tough back then in the HVAC....maybe you did something in junior high later.......your program is building, and I believe you will be a power in time.....cool your jets......win a championship......get some bragging rights and you will have something....until then.....be nice. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> If you beat them being humble before the game, the end is very sweet. If you talk trash before the game and lose, you will look foolish. Respect a program that has been around for over 100 years with lots of titles under their belt. You are in your second year and haven't won much other than a few games. No titles...No bragging rights at this point......You aren't on the mountain yet...you are on the path to the FOOT of the mountain. MBA has been to the top. Respect where they have been.....It will do you well.

Great POST.

Jeez Louise, we didn't trash talk like this when I was in high school (years ago). How about a little humility. For Pete's sake, neither team has had a monster schedule, yet they have done what needed to be done. So give it a rest. Hillsboro is very good (MBA), and quit making excuses that Webb and McCallie and CPA are not so hot (Ensworth).

Both teams have quality coahcing and backs, and none of them stink. I haven't seen Bartholomew and Vinsang (sp?) play but have seen them at track meets . . . and they will be very tough. Tavares and Orleans are very good backs.

I love watching EHS play, as you never know when and who will break a big play, but they now come up against a storied program and a really good team in MBA. Undestandably, they (Ensworth) ought to be the underdog . . . all trash talking hype aside. Yet they stand a good chance.

Play it out on the field and have some class and respect for eachother as opponents.

A few facts about this game...

1. The pressure is all on MBA to keep their "super seven" reputation.

2. Ensworth is just establishing their reputation, and since no one apparently expects EHS to win there is no pressure on them.

3. EHS has one of the best coaching staffs in Tennessee if not the best.

4. This game is a huge rivalry game because: most of the coaching staff at EHS previously worked for MBA, and many of the kids that would have gone to MBA are now going to EHS.

5. MBA has the experience and the tradition needed.

6. MBA is not ready and has no idea what to expect, however both teams use nearly the exact same offensive plays with the same names because they were developed under Ricky Bowers.

7. Ensworth has consistently gotten better throughout the season and in football consistency is everything.

8. Both teams got a serious wake up call last week. Ensworth gained confidence, MBA was brought back down to earth.

9. Ensworth will win... if not by a little then by a lot.

I feel as if 98% of the posts on this wall have been completely biased. This will be a close game. Both teams think they are the better team. I do not want to say Ensworth will win by less than a touchdown simply because i have not heard of Bowers going for many field goals. Ensworth by 7.

My perception of this game is sort of "old school" as it comes from the boxing ring. I see MBA is a "heavyweight" that plays, for the most part, "heavyweights" (4A and 5A competition i.e. 2006 4A runner-up, 2005 5A Champion plus top teams in D-II AA) while the Ensworth team is a "lightweight" that plays, for the most part, "lightweights". After watching both teams play,and studying both rosters I saw that MBA is much bigger than Ensworth, especially at the point of attack. MBA has more offensive weapons than Ensworth. They have Vinsang, Waddey and Bartholomew to carry the ball. QB Wise can beat you with his legs and his arm. They have a very good and physical offensive line. They have a decent short to intermediate control passing game and they have a real threat in their big TE, Sloan, who went 88 yards for a TD against Ravenwood. MBA does a better job of sustaining long drives than Ensworth and MBA plays more players than Ensworth, which pays dividends in the 4th quarter. Ensworth has a good TB in Tavarres, but little else to go with him.

Defensively, I just don't see how Ensworth will be able to match up with MBA's offensive personnel and their Smashmouth approach, especially for four quarters. When it really mattered, MBA held Hillsboro's explosive offense to just 12 points.

Until proven otherwise, I'll have to take the "heavyweight" in this bout. I expect that MBA will control the line of scrimmage and the scoring....MBA by 21+.

Everyone on this board can analyze this game all you want, bottom line is, it's all gonna be played out on the field on Friday night. Both teams have some very talented players and it's just going to come down to who wants it more in the end. The only thing that MBA has on Ensworth is experience and in a game that has been so hyped and anticipated, that may not prove to be enough. My point is, going back and forth on here about who has a stronger schedule and who can bring a bigger crowd, who has a bigger line, and who has faster backs is irrelevent right now. All the talk needs to rest and let it be proven on the field.

Go Tigers...

My perception of this game is sort of "old school" as it comes from the boxing ring. I see MBA is a "heavyweight" that plays, for the most part, "heavyweights" (4A and 5A competition i.e. 2006 4A runner-up, 2005 5A Champion plus top teams in D-II AA) while the Ensworth team is a "lightweight" that plays, for the most part, "lightweights". After watching both teams play,and studying both rosters I saw that MBA is much bigger than Ensworth, especially at the point of attack. MBA has more offensive weapons than Ensworth. They have Vinsang, Waddey and Bartholomew to carry the ball. QB Wise can beat you with his legs and his arm. They have a very good and physical offensive line. They have a decent short to intermediate control passing game and they have a real threat in their big TE, Sloan, who went 88 yards for a TD against Ravenwood. MBA does a better job of sustaining long drives than Ensworth and MBA plays more players than Ensworth, which pays dividends in the 4th quarter. Ensworth has a good TB in Tavarres, but little else to go with him.

Defensively, I just don't see how Ensworth will be able to match up with MBA's offensive personnel and their Smashmouth approach, especially for four quarters. When it really mattered, MBA held Hillsboro's explosive offense to just 12 points.

Until proven otherwise, I'll have to take the "heavyweight" in this bout. I expect that MBA will control the line of scrimmage and the scoring....MBA by 21+.

CoachT has the Ensworth schedule ranked as harder than MBA, for what its worth . . . although I agree with other writers, it is really splitting hairs. It happens on the field Friday night.

"6. MBA is not ready and has no idea what to expect, however both teams use nearly the exact same offensive plays with the same names because they were developed under Ricky Bowers."

Coach McGugin does as a partial influence of his offense from Bowers, but the majority of his offensive scheme comes from his time as a coach at the University of Miami and his own expirements as coaches, i.e. head coach at FRA. That said, since McGugin is a former player of Bowers, he will have a good understanding of what Bowers is trying to accomplish.

Just to the people loving on Tavarres and Orleans... I don't see how ANYBODY can believe they are even close as good to the Hillsboro combo between Seward and Gordon and Hillsboro got held to 12 points... Come on now, T and Orleans are good, but wouldn't say their great. Gordon and and Seward are an older combo though, so the future of EHS looks good.

Wow. i feel like everyone posting from both sides is saying things that should not be said. If you want to state your opinions than fine but turning it into mindless trash talking is not going to do either team any good. There is no doubt that both teams have big playmakers. Ensworth's backs are indeed worth their hype but with two students already signed to play at Tennessee its impossible to say that they arent worth theirs either. Its going to be a great game and in my opinion very close. I think Ensworth will come out with an upset at the end of the night but theirs no doubt in my mind there will be lots of blood and sweat from both the tigers and the big red. Ensworth has a phenominal coaching staff with coaches from all around who have been a part of a super seven programs. They definatly know what their doing. I dont know much about MBA's new coach expect that he himself was coached under Ricky Bowers. Both teams have very similar plays and in many cases call them the same way. Its going to come down to who wants it most and personally i believe that would be Ensworth, the fact that they dont have the history yet can only play to their advantage because of the desire to start one.