Dobyns Bennett @ Sevier County

tricitiessportsfan

Thats funny in a small group but not here. FYI - he hasn't spilled one in a VERY long time if you catch what I'm saying. Taylor and Spivey are two of the best around. I will scan the dial while traveling just to hear other annoucers for all sports and very few compare to what they do. Typically, other games outside of the area have the low man at the station having to do the games and/or somebody young. R and T are very fair to BOTH sides. They love what they are doing and you can hear it in the game they call. When it gets slow the comic relief kicks in. No wonder so many people listen to the games via the net.

Watchdog

I have to agree with you on Tom and Rick. No offense to the others but they are the best in this area. They may not be the experts on all Xs and Os (although Rick and Tiger do a pretty good at that) but they work really well off each other. I also like the field reports from the DB and oppenents sideline to give you a feel for how the kids are getting into the game. I especially like the interview with Catfish after the game Friday night when he said "we shoved that thang at em and they had to like it"

Unfortunatley in Colonial Heights the reception for 1320 is gone after they cut power so I listen on my laptop when I'm not at the games. Props to you and Al for inventing this here internet thing /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strong statement. Just think where you guys would be/would have been with Curt.

Hmm I guess it is all speculation but my 2 cents: Blount was tougher than MoEast last year and not sure about '05 either sine I think that South team was very talented and still got thumped by MoWest. The passing game (Bo-Coty-Josef) wasn't the problem although adding Curt is interesting just for his threat to run. I don't know, it hasn't helped South get past the 2nd round yet and I think DB has played tougher playoff opponents. Maybe this year it could make a difference but I think we will be better off in the long run. Although I did watch the DB freshmen play against Sevier County Monday and we gotta get better at the QB position for the future. The SC qb was throwing darts and could scramble...DBs qb was shooting 3 pointers. #8 Derek Steele looks like he'll be a great player for the varsity someday.

Hmm I guess it is all speculation but my 2 cents: Blount was tougher than MoEast last year and not sure about '05 either sine I think that South team was very talented and still got thumped by MoWest. The passing game (Bo-Coty-Josef) wasn't the problem although adding Curt is interesting just for his threat to run. I don't know, it hasn't helped South get past the 2nd round yet and I think DB has played tougher playoff opponents. Maybe this year it could make a difference but I think we will be better off in the long run. Although I did watch the DB freshmen play against Sevier County Monday and we gotta get better at the QB position for the future. The SC qb was throwing darts and could scramble...DBs qb was shooting 3 pointers. #8 Derek Steele looks like he'll be a great player for the varsity someday.

South made it to the 3rd round year before last. Beat Mo. East, Boone, then lost to West. As for my comments about Spivey, didn't know he had a "problem". Good to hear he's clean now. Again, foot in mouth. Sorry.