Houston Vs Collierville

kwc

Ok folks ... what do you think about this game? This is a big one in 8-5A. Collierville has lost two in a row to Dandy dozen teams ranked higher then them. You think they follow their trend of win this one? I know they have to feel like their backs are against the wall. Let's hear it.

I think this would be a great one to see! I have a feeling C'ville might get back on the winning track, but it's really a tough call.

I think this would be a great one to see! I have a feeling C'ville might get back on the winning track, but it's really a tough call.

I don't have a clue. This one may go down to who has the ball last, who knows. I know Collierville is going to feel a sense of urgency in this game.

Here is Collierville's schedule.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;SeasonID=61

They are 3-2 on the season. They blew out their first three opponenets, who were Central, Germantown, and Overton, with the smallest margin of victory in those three games was 35-0 over Germantown. They then lost thier next two games to Whitehaven (14-10) and Millington (26-14) ... the current Dandy Dozen #'s 5 and 4 respectively.

This is Houston's schedule.

They are currently 5-0 this season with victories over Bartlett, Bolton, Hamilton, Frayser, and Wooddale. The Bartlett and Bolton games were competative while the other three were blow outs.

Looking at records and all of that ... Houston's opponents are a combined 10-15 ... Collierville's are a combined 12-14. Houston's 5-0 record is impressive ... but they have yet to face the 'meat' of their schedule. They have beat some decent teams in Bartlett and Bolton ... but they have yet to face a top notch team like Whitehaven or Millington like Collierville has, therefore ... i'm going to go with Collierville because their team has faced tougher competition earlier and add to the fact that their proverbial back is to the wall as far as playoff seeding is concerned.

Here is Collierville's schedule.

They are 3-2 on the season. They blew out their first three opponenets, who were Central, Germantown, and Overton, with the smallest margin of victory in those three games was 35-0 over Germantown. They then lost thier next two games to Whitehaven (14-10) and Millington (26-14) ... the current Dandy Dozen #'s 5 and 4 respectively.

This is Houston's schedule.

They are currently 5-0 this season with victories over Bartlett, Bolton, Hamilton, Frayser, and Wooddale. The Bartlett and Bolton games were competative while the other three were blow outs.

Looking at records and all of that ... Houston's opponents are a combined 10-15 ... Collierville's are a combined 12-14. Houston's 5-0 record is impressive ... but they have yet to face the 'meat' of their schedule. They have beat some decent teams in Bartlett and Bolton ... but they have yet to face a top notch team like Whitehaven or Millington like Collierville has, therefore ... i'm going to go with Collierville because their team has faced tougher competition earlier and add to the fact that their proverbial back is to the wall as far as playoff seeding is concerned.

Barring any significant injuries on Collierville's team, I'm inclined to agree.