CBHS VS BCHS

fourthree

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better athletes, stable and solid coaching, and insignificant injuries, this should be a relatively easy one for CBHS. With the exception of having a vertical passing attack, CBHS is looking really good now.

I would be surprised if this game was very close, but it could happen. Briarcrest will probably want to take a little revenge on Blanchard for transfering to CBHS. Just a little added incentive for Briarcrest to come out and give CBHS a run for their money. Blanchard will probably be equally pumped to play his former team. I hope he puts up his best numbers yet, which shouldn't be tough since its only his third game and his first two he was just getting back into the swing of things. Any commments brosbaseball9?

I would be surprised if this game was very close, but it could happen. Briarcrest will probably want to take a little revenge on Blanchard for transfering to CBHS. Just a little added incentive for Briarcrest to come out and give CBHS a run for their money. Blanchard will probably be equally pumped to play his former team. I hope he puts up his best numbers yet, which shouldn't be tough since its only his third game and his first two he was just getting back into the swing of things. Any commments brosbaseball9?

the x-factor in this game will be one of briarcest's coaches, jeff mcpharen (sp?). before going to bcs, he was the DL coach at Christian Brothers for two years. he is a very intelligient individual, so im pretty sure he remembers many of the signs the Brothers use to call their defenses. im not sure how much of an impact that will have. not to mention, he coached everybody on CBHS's d-line that currently plays or sees significant time. hes a very good coach and knows a lot about most of the personnel the Brothers regularly use, so that could help the saints. BUT knowing how to defend against something and actually doing so are two completely different things. so well see.

besides that, briarcrest is just plain bad....from what ive seen and heard. using common opponents, carver was awful, but managed to hang with the saints and wound up only losing by about a touchdown, i believe. granted, it was early in the season, but i know for a fact carver is no better than they were in that game, so im doubting briarcrest is either.

McFarren's a great coach but the coach can't do it all. He still needs the players that will incorporate his ideas (which i will say made a beast out of the D-Lines his two years there). I don't see it being close at all. I just hope the Brother's use this as week to improve that offense. Call me a pessimist but Im still disappointed in my guys. I know they are WAY better than the effort they are putting out. I don't know what its going to take to get it all to click. But hey, ill take a W anyway you can get it.....Keep it Rollin.

I don't think Briarcrest is as bad as brosbaseball thinks granted they only beat carver by 2. However theres the sheffield game which had they been able to stop 2 pt conversions they would've won and last week they beat USJ 49-15. I deff agree the atmosphere will be the best part of this game as it's always hostile but hey Briarcrest can't do any worse then they did last year against them.

I don't think Briarcrest is as bad as brosbaseball thinks granted they only beat carver by 2. However theres the sheffield game which had they been able to stop 2 pt conversions they would've won and last week they beat USJ 49-15. I deff agree the atmosphere will be the best part of this game as it's always hostile but hey Briarcrest can't do any worse then they did last year against them.

my only question to you for doubting me is: have you seen carver play football?...if so, i digress.

The Saints have been awful since Coach Freeze left for Ole Miss. The only way they can beat CBHS is if the Brothers all forget to show up for the game. I think the Purple Wave wins this one easily. The Saints program was set back five years by the hiring of Coach Hamstra. The only thing good that Briarcrest has done since Coach Freeze left was firing Hamstra immediatly after last season.

CBHS 42- Red Headed Step Child 7

You may be giving Briarcrest too much credit, I doubt they can score against CBHS.

well, briarcrest ONLY lost by 60 tonight. the final was 63-3. love it.

the only positive the saints had all night was their first drive when they methodically moved the ball about 70 yards before stalling out and kicking a field goal. it went downhill VERY FAST after that possession, the only one briarcrest would score on all night.

as usual, briarcrest was much bigger than Christian Brothers, but somehow the Brothers seem get the physical, athletic white kids and not the ones that are just big....like briarcrest. anywho, glad to see the saints continuing their dirty style of play, but ONCE AGAIN, it got them nowhere. keep up the great work "saints!!" haha.

well, briarcrest ONLY lost by 60 tonight. the final was 63-3. love it.

the only positive the saints had all night was their first drive when they methodically moved the ball about 70 yards before stalling out and kicking a field goal. it went downhill VERY FAST after that possession, the only one briarcrest would score on all night.

as usual, briarcrest was much bigger than Christian Brothers, but somehow the Brothers seem get the physical, athletic white kids and not the ones that are just big....like briarcrest. anywho, glad to see the saints continuing their dirty style of play, but ONCE AGAIN, it got them nowhere. keep up the great work "saints!!" haha.

I think the Briarcrest faithful need to face the fact that their program has gone way down since Coach Freeze left. However, even he was wrong when he said that this class of seniors, when they were freshmen, was the best class he had seen at Briarcrest. It appears they may be the worst class ever at Briarcrest. It all a shame because they have great facilities, but the politics at the school has ruined the program. Whenever you have families that can buy playing time for their over rated kids this is what you end up with. I hate to think what ECS is going to do to them as well on senior night at home.

I think the Briarcrest faithful need to face the fact that their program has gone way down since Coach Freeze left. However, even he was wrong when he said that this class of seniors, when they were freshmen, was the best class he had seen at Briarcrest. It appears they may be the worst class ever at Briarcrest. It all a shame because they have great facilities, but the politics at the school has ruined the program. Whenever you have families that can buy playing time for their over rated kids this is what you end up with. I hate to think what ECS is going to do to them as well on senior night at home.

Briarcrest plays ECS on their senior night? Wow who ever is charge of schedule making is a bit looney and needs to be fired along with the coach...well i guess they are one in the same. Hmmm