Independence @ Dickson County

donathan5507

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is a tough one to pick. Dickson might be the favorite, but for some reason I like Indy's chances here. If they can clean up the mistakes, I think they will be able to put alot of points on the board. The defense has really improved, so I think if they can slow DC down a little, they will win in a shootout.

Indy by 7, lots of scoring from both sides.

Dickson Rolls In this one but it should be a great game. A nice shout out for #2 John Primm Titans High School palyer of the week (5 TD's and 400 yards rushing) thats a game in any book. See ya at the Big House on Friday night

Primm didnt have 400 yards last week. The team as a whole had 400. Primm had around 85-100 of those.

I am not saying that region 6 is weak...they have good teams in the region....BUT from what I have heard, Dickson is the ONLY team in it right now with a winning record...right now it is not a good region.

I have to step in and disagree and say that the region is weak. This comes mainly from the team's out of region records and applies to all of the teams from top to bottom (possibly an exception could be Dickson Co. if they pull the victory off Friday night). I also base this on witnessing some games and comparing them to games from previous years. The region is not the same as it has been since 2002!

I have to step in and disagree and say that the region is weak. This comes mainly from the team's out of region records and applies to all of the teams from top to bottom (possibly an exception could be Dickson Co. if they pull the victory off Friday night). I also base this on witnessing some games and comparing them to games from previous years. The region is not the same as it has been since 2002!

Let take a look at the region since 2002 and before 2003 to see if you are correct in your assessment.

2003 - Semifinal - Franklin loses to Germantown 17-10, Germantown wins State Championship 10-7 over Riverdale

2004 - Semifinal - Germantown loses to Franklin 31-10, Riverdale wins State Championship 35-7 over Franklin

2005 - Semifinal - Ridgeway loses to Ravenwood 28-10, Ravenwood wins State Championship 14-7 over Oak Ridge

2006 - Semifinal - White Station loses to Ravenwood 35-28, Smyrna wins State Championship 35-14 over Ravenwood

2007 - I wouldn't give up on Region 6 quite yet

Before 2003

2002- Semifinal - Germantown loses to Brentwood 24-14, Brentwood wins State Championship 10-7 over Riverdale

2001- No Region 6 Team goes past Round 2

2000- Brentwood loses in Quarterfinal to Riverdale 21-6

1999- Dickson County loses in Quarterfinal to Glencliff 45-20

1998- Brentwood loses in Quarterfinal to Hendersonville 33-23

It seems by the evidence, unless you can give other supporting evidence, you're judgment is clouded by unsupported facts. You must have been talking about Region 5 when witnessing some games.

As far as Ravenwood and not speaking for other teams in the region, Ravenwood lost to out of Region teams that are currently sporting 7-0 records...BA, MBA, and Goodpasture. Independence lost to the same BA & MBA teams.

If by saying Antioch was "actually" a good team, you are refering to Region 6 as a bad region than you are wrong. Region 6 has been the best region in this state for the past four or five years. I also wouldn't be so quick to say DC will win out.

Are you serious that this is the best region in the state? Its a joke compared to region 4. The sad thing is some team from west of Nashville is going to make it to the state championship game only to get killed.

Are you serious that this is the best region in the state? Its a joke compared to region 4. The sad thing is some team from west of Nashville is going to make it to the state championship game only to get killed.

This year, Region 4 looks to be the best, top to bottom. This is a moving target with each year. Next year it could be another Region. Region 4 might not be in the Championship game as well this year. It could be Oak Ridge or another team from Region 2. This will have to play out and judgement will be made after the season ends. It could be said as well that some team east of Nashville will make it to the state championship game to get hammered. It still to early to really discuss top Region or who is going get hammered in the state championship.

Let take a look at the region since 2002 and before 2003 to see if you are correct in your assessment.

2003 - Semifinal - Franklin loses to Germantown 17-10, Germantown wins State Championship 10-7 over Riverdale

2004 - Semifinal - Germantown loses to Franklin 31-10, Riverdale wins State Championship 35-7 over Franklin

2005 - Semifinal - Ridgeway loses to Ravenwood 28-10, Ravenwood wins State Championship 14-7 over Oak Ridge

2006 - Semifinal - White Station loses to Ravenwood 35-28, Smyrna wins State Championship 35-14 over Ravenwood

2007 - I wouldn't give up on Region 6 quite yet

Before 2003

2002- Semifinal - Germantown loses to Brentwood 24-14, Brentwood wins State Championship 10-7 over Riverdale

2001- No Region 6 Team goes past Round 2

2000- Brentwood loses in Quarterfinal to Riverdale 21-6

1999- Dickson County loses in Quarterfinal to Glencliff 45-20

1998- Brentwood loses in Quarterfinal to Hendersonville 33-23

It seems by the evidence, unless you can give other supporting evidence, you're judgment is clouded by unsupported facts. You must have been talking about Region 5 when witnessing some games.

As far as Ravenwood and not speaking for other teams in the region, Ravenwood lost to out of Region teams that are currently sporting 7-0 records...BA, MBA, and Goodpasture. Independence lost to the same BA & MBA teams.

Amazing what a few facts will do to defuse an opinion based statement. Sleeper3773 didn't do any homework before coming out with that statement.

I, too, am not sure Region 6 should be counted out just yet. I suspect that at the midway point in the 2006 season, several people might have expressed the same opinion as Sleeper regarding the 2007 season. As rapbwood points out, there was a region 6 team in the final in 2006. Who'd have thunk it?

The real difference this year is that most of the teams contending for the region title have played a much tougher and demanding schedule early on (including Indy and DC). Just as it did for Ravenwood in 2006, it makes your record look bad half way through the season, but prepares you for playoff level competition.

I wasn't talking about this year, this year Region 6 is behind region 4 and 2. However, in the "past 4 or 5 years" region 6 has been the best region in the state IMO. It has also been highly more competitive than Region 4.

Amazing what a few facts will do to defuse an opinion based statement. Sleeper3773 didn't do any homework before coming out with that statement.

I, too, am not sure Region 6 should be counted out just yet. I suspect that at the midway point in the 2006 season, several people might have expressed the same opinion as Sleeper regarding the 2007 season. As rapbwood points out, there was a region 6 team in the final in 2006. Who'd have thunk it?

The real difference this year is that most of the teams contending for the region title have played a much tougher and demanding schedule early on (including Indy and DC). Just as it did for Ravenwood in 2006, it makes your record look bad half way through the season, but prepares you for playoff level competition.

Well it seems to me that rapbwood supported part of my statement in that the region has been strong since 2002, citing the region 6 teams playing in the state championship games (4 out of the last 5 years). And then he also took the liberty of saying how the region fared before 2002(the region had 0 teams in the state championship game(I'm sure the classifications were done different but it went all the way back to 1988 before a current region 6 team made it to the state championship game(Dickson Co.))), which also gave some support for my statement that "the region is not the same as it has been since 2002," thus implying that the region's reputation took a major turn for the better in 2002 when Brentwood won the state championship.

And to Dist11fan, forgive me for stating my "opinion based statement" on an online discussion board full of opinions

But I guess none of us really know how this region will fare out for sure but my "opinion based statement" is that a region 6 team will NOT be playing in the state championship game this season.