Week 8 (10/11) SVC games

zonepirate

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the reason Seq was given. They had a chance to beat Spring City a couple of weeks ago, even with two starting running backs out injured, both start at linebacker too, they only lost 12-6. They really improved as the season went along, playing the lesser teams in the conference after starting 0-3 helped the results too.

That's the reason Seq was given. They had a chance to beat Spring City a couple of weeks ago, even with two starting running backs out injured, both start at linebacker too, they only lost 12-6. They really improved as the season went along, playing the lesser teams in the conference after starting 0-3 helped the results too.

I'm pretty sure Seq would beat Whitwell if the game had been played. In my opinion Seq was the 2nd best team in the south division

Maybe next year they can spread out the games a little better, with the favorites and the teams in the middle of the pack or lower mixed better. The schedule was similar to a Kentucky playing LSU, Florida and South Carolina to start the season.

We try to schedule our North Div games late in the season so that all the South games will get played. The coaches have some flexability when the schedules are made. The league doesn't set the schedule it is worked out between teams as much as possible. Some coaches won't schedule a game for fall break. We schedule a game for all 8 weeks. Half the teams had at least 1 off week scheduled and with this game being cancelled only SP and RC will end up with a full 8 game schedule.

It was a little frustrating since this wasn't the first scheduling problem with Whitwell's middle school this school year, they scheduled a softball game at Whitwell on the day of their parent conferences and a game had to be moved up an hour (causing difficulties for parents) plus was cut short a couple of innings. A five-inning no-hitter counts just like a seven-inning one does, though. I hope they have things together for middle school basketball season starting in a couple of weeks. Things happen that are out of the coaches' hands at times and those things may have nothing to do with coaches.

Sequatchie's line was the best I remember for the school in quite a while, the backs ran with more confidence as the season went on and like I said before part of that was the difference in competition after the first three weeks. One of the linemen moved to fullback the last two games because of running back injuries and had three touchdowns last week. If he doesn't lose too much speed as he grows in high school that might be a good spot for him. The big question is will most or hopefully all stick with it through four years of high school. There are several students now who'd be in 9, 10, 11 and 12th grade not playing with the high school, all of them I considered one of the top three or four players on their eighth-grade team when they were in middle school. (That's not counting other good or possibly good players not playing, too). The list includes a quarterback, a couple of tight ends/defensive ends, a couple of linemen, a running back, a receiver and a linebacker, One of them had 250 yards rushing last year against Whitwell but isn't playing as a freshmen. Those things can devastate a program especially one trying to rebuild.

It was a little frustrating since this wasn't the first scheduling problem with Whitwell's middle school this school year, they scheduled a softball game at Whitwell on the day of their parent conferences and a game had to be moved up an hour (causing difficulties for parents) plus was cut short a couple of innings. A five-inning no-hitter counts just like a seven-inning one does, though. I hope they have things together for middle school basketball season starting in a couple of weeks. Things happen that are out of the coaches' hands at times and those things may have nothing to do with coaches.

Sequatchie's line was the best I remember for the school in quite a while, the backs ran with more confidence as the season went on and like I said before part of that was the difference in competition after the first three weeks. One of the linemen moved to fullback the last two games because of running back injuries and had three touchdowns last week. If he doesn't lose too much speed as he grows in high school that might be a good spot for him. The big question is will most or hopefully all stick with it through four years of high school. There are several students now who'd be in 9, 10, 11 and 12th grade not playing with the high school, all of them I considered one of the top three or four players on their eighth-grade team when they were in middle school. (That's not counting other good or possibly good players not playing, too). The list includes a quarterback, a couple of tight ends/defensive ends, a couple of linemen, a running back, a receiver and a linebacker, One of them had 250 yards rushing last year against Whitwell but isn't playing as a freshmen. Those things can devastate a program especially one trying to rebuild.

I will admit that I was impressed with the size of Sequatchie's line.... I was also impressed with one of their RB's... I think he was #8?