MBA-Brentwood Academy

YamRocks

The kicking game turned out to be the difference here. I mean, MBA's only touchdown drive was like 30 yards in 9 or so plays which was set up by a bad snap by BA, forcing them to punt from inside their own 5...BA's defense was nearly as good as advertised in my opinion, especially the defensive line. I mean Ben was held to under 20 yards and Vinsang got 80 yards on 20+ carries.

I hope these two meet again at full strength.

At a neutral site, maybe for a state championship, would be great.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he's just a sophomore.

MBA has been blessed with some good kickers over the years. Kicking is widely underappreciated on all levels, but it is very crucial at the high school level. It's amazing how many missed PATs there are in high school football. Take Melrose, for example - in each of the 2002, 2003, and 2004 seasons, they lost their last game by a point (twice in the playoff quarterfinals, once in the title game), and if memory serves, inability to kick XPs was the difference in each game. As loaded as those Melrose teams were, deficiencies in the kicking game probably cost them a state title or two.

I was very impressed with him. He will be kicking on Saturdays one day for sure.

Arrrrr..... Hello mates this is going to be a dandy of a game the good Cpt. thinks...BA vs MBA recent years would have been better but this one will merit itself enough... BA too much thunder and too much lighting savvy... Which if you combine the two could be dangerous, but then again would be fun to watch.. Never the less still dangerous...Should be a fun one to watch...

Yes, he's just a sophomore.

MBA has been blessed with some good kickers over the years. Kicking is widely underappreciated on all levels, but it is very crucial at the high school level. It's amazing how many missed PATs there are in high school football. Take Melrose, for example - in each of the 2002, 2003, and 2004 seasons, they lost their last game by a point (twice in the playoff quarterfinals, once in the title game), and if memory serves, inability to kick XPs was the difference in each game. As loaded as those Melrose teams were, deficiencies in the kicking game probably cost them a state title or two.

. . . and MBA will continue this for years. When BA's middle school team played MBA this year I was very impressed with the 8th grade kicker. He kicked extra points (which at the middle school level is rare) and was a real strenght for thier team.