MBA-Brentwood Academy

YamRocks

Question? Chris Jordon Dad moved from Georgia in 2006 for job in area, Dad paying BA tuition, needs base tuition assistance, or none of my business?

Why do you assume that he needs tuition assistance? Brandan Wright never received a dime of financial aid and he is a great athlete and African American.

No one at Ravenwood pays a dime to go to school. Everyone gets assistance. In fact I pay for Ravenwood and my kids do not go there! No one at Ravenwood is paying anything for any BA kids to go to school and many BA parents are paying for Ravenwood kids to go to school. I don't think you deserve answers from us and I think we deserve some appreciation from you.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 14 boys that had signed contracts. 13 had submitted deposit checks. He only sent letters to the 13 that had both signed and paid. The one boy who had only signed but not paid was not sent the letter. Most reasonable people that were not on a witch hunt or biased, do not feel that he unduly influenced kids that had already signed and paid. If he was really trying to influence someone, why would he not pester the kid's family that had not paid? Bottom line is, you can't recruit students that you already have.

With all due respect, the Supreme Court felt differently. If you go back and read the judgement, you will see that the letter, and specifically the contents of the letter, played a major role in this case.

With all due respect, the Supreme Court felt differently. If you go back and read the judgement, you will see that the letter, and specifically the contents of the letter, played a major role in this case.

It appears to me that USA1's point was that the letter, regardless of content, was not an attempt to recruit or apply undue influence to attend Brentwood Academy. They had already signed up.

Back to the GAME. All i ever hear about is BA's D-line but how are there D backs. This is more of a curiosity question because MBA cannot pass well so they wont need to do much pass protection. In the Ensworth game though the Dbacks were big when it came to stopping Big Ben because when he starts moving hes hard to stop. Are there backs big enough to do that?

Back to the GAME. All i ever hear about is BA's D-line but how are there D backs. This is more of a curiosity question because MBA cannot pass well so they wont need to do much pass protection. In the Ensworth game though the Dbacks were big when it came to stopping Big Ben because when he starts moving hes hard to stop. Are there backs big enough to do that?

The EHS D Line is not very big and not too experienced. The same cane be said about their linebackers, so its no wonder they struggled against big, physical runners such as EJ and Ben. BA's DBs are a weakness on the D in comparison to the Line and LBs, but no team has really been able to get in the secondary running the football. The BA secondary isnt too bad though, they held Rod Wilks in check and theyve risen to every occasion so far this season. Seeing how MBA is not great passing the ball, the d backs should be able to hold the mediocre MBA receivers in check, and there's no doubt in my mind that the Linebackers will be all over the MBA TEs.

The EHS D Line is not very big and not too experienced. The same cane be said about their linebackers, so its no wonder they struggled against big, physical runners such as EJ and Ben. BA's DBs are a weakness on the D in comparison to the Line and LBs, but no team has really been able to get in the secondary running the football. The BA secondary isnt too bad though, they held Rod Wilks in check and theyve risen to every occasion so far this season. Seeing how MBA is not great passing the ball, the d backs should be able to hold the mediocre MBA receivers in check, and there's no doubt in my mind that the Linebackers will be all over the MBA TEs.

Ok, I am being argumentative here, and definitley a "homer." But, I can't really say that Ensworth "struggled" against the running attack of MBA. Those who saw the game know that EHS was thier own worst enemy with some untimely penalties and miscues. But MBA was tough and very sound, and physical. "Big Ben" didn't get 100 yards (he was close) but Vinsang did (49 of it on one run). And MBA amassed about 265 yards of total offense. Not huge numbers. I amguessing that EHS had 6-8 tackles v. MBA for loss. Bartholomew was very tough on their last drive, for sure . . . and just ground it out. He was early yanked down from behind by a 170 pund defensice back, by his shirt. He's one tough dude, but not superhuman. BA may be able to shut him down, but watch Vinsang.

Ok, I am being argumentative here, and definitley a "homer." But, I can't really say that Ensworth "struggled" against the running attack of MBA. Those who saw the game know that EHS was thier own worst enemy with some untimely penalties and miscues. But MBA was tough and very sound, and physical. "Big Ben" didn't get 100 yards (he was close) but Vinsang did (49 of it on one run). And MBA amassed about 265 yards of total offense. Not huge numbers. I amguessing that EHS had 6-8 tackles v. MBA for loss. Bartholomew was very tough on their last drive, for sure . . . and just ground it out. He was early yanked down from behind by a 170 pund defensice back, by his shirt. He's one tough dude, but not superhuman. BA may be able to shut him down, but watch Vinsang.

I agree they did play a good game against the MBA run but its definite that it was by far the toughest competition that EHS had played and Ill be the first to say that the game might've been different if the EHS center had not botched multiple snaps over the quarterback's head. But its easy to say that if MBA struggled against EHS' defensive line, there is no doubt they'll have their hands full with Brentwood Academy's.

EHS did play a very tough game against The Big Red.

I agree they did play a good game against the MBA run but its definite that it was by far the toughest competition that EHS had played and Ill be the first to say that the game might've been different if the EHS center had not botched multiple snaps over the quarterback's head. But its easy to say that if MBA struggled against EHS' defensive line, there is no doubt they'll have their hands full with Brentwood Academy's.

EHS did play a very tough game against The Big Red.

I agree on all points.

The outcome of this is game i believe is very simple. MBA is a running team with 3 solid running backs;not much of a passing game at all and a solid defense. A solid team pretty much. However, ba's d-line is sick. Much better than that of the running game of MBA. Also, as a whole ba's offense is just better than MBA's. It's as simple as that. BA is a better team with more talent,better coaches, and just better players. The rivalry keeps it a game for a while but BA wins in the end by 21...at least

My gut feel is BA because of the following team analysis:

Defensive side of the line:I would expect MBA to line up with eight-man offensive line at times to punch through BA defense. This could put the wear-down on BA's line if MBA keeps hammering as the game goes on. This could break some long runs as the game goes into the late third and early fourth quarter. BA defensive ends (99 & 98) like to come off the offensive tackle with their speed and play havoc on the offensive backfield. Specialty is chasing QB and driving them to the ground. BA defensive tackles (66 & 65) are run stuffers that excel on getting a push up the middle on passing situations. I would have to put BA better at the passing game defense and MBA better at the run game defense.

Advantage: Even

Offensive side of the line:

BA has a better passing attack than MBA. MBA will be throwing to the big Tight-ends to see if they break tackle and add yardage after catch. BA will be more open and passing down the sidelines. Mostly likely the ball will sail three yards out-of-bounds but the Ref??™s will call defensive inference on the corners to keep the drives alive. If MBA can stay in front of the receiver and press on sideline passes, two things will happen. 1) Defensive interference call on the cornerback, 2) Interception if the corner can get turned around and the ball is thrown short, then a flag for defensive interference to overturn the interception. Chris Jordon coming out of the backfield for short-dump passes is effective. Scott Jordon has tendency to break initial tackles for extra yardage. MBA needs to hit hard and wrap up. BA tendency is to run in the three-hole. BA left tackle and guard are consistent on will clearing the hole for a five yard run by any of the BA running back.

MBA has the best offensive line. I would expect the game plan is to wear BA down by running between the tackles. Throw in a quick pass on the slant to the TE will keep BA honest. The Tight Ends are physical and can break runs after catch. Bartholomew is excellent at coming out of the backfield as a blocker, push off to get distance, and make a catch over the left side about seven yards out. As with Chris Jordon, Ben Bartholomew will break tackles and gain extra yardage after catch. MBA can lull BA to sleep with the run and pop a pass for a long gain.

Advantage: Even

Special Teams:

MBA has the best kicker around. Forty-seven yards is about the limit but accurate. He will be seen on Saturday in the near future, winning games for some college team. He can win this for BA in a tight, low scoring game. MBA punter is good hang time and long punt in 35 to 40 yard range. BA doesn??™t match up with MBA in the kicking game. BA advantage is in the punt/kickoff return. It is hard to return the ball when the ball is kicked into the end zone for touchbacks. As well, it is hard to return the punt when the hang time allows the gunner to be on top of the punt returner.

Advantage: MBA

Coaching:

MBA has assembled an excellent coaching staff that has turned this team around in 2007. BA coaching staff has been steady influence at the school with a new head coach stepping into a plum position with plenty of experience coaching on DII level. BA is better at the coaching position at this date in time.

Advantage: BA

Intangibles:

Game Referees:

If the game officials (especially the head official) are private school game officials, BA has the advantage with school affiliation influence over the years in developing long term relationships. If the game officials are public school, most likely even advantage but BA still has the advantage with school affiliation influence over the years in developing long term relationships. If the game is going to be called fair on both sides, it will be known in the first quarter. If MBA gets phantom calls early, you will know what up. MBA coach will have display his concern with the head game official early and often to make sure no team receives any advantage in phantom flagging.

Advantage: BA

Prediction:

BA seems to come out on top in close games. It must be the halo or something close to it.

Advantage: BA 24 - MBA 21

Question? Chris Jordon Dad moved from Georgia in 2006 for job in area, Dad paying BA tuition, needs base tuition assistance, or none of my business?

wow, what a breakdown....I hope you are wrong but it is hard to argue with any of this logic.

Why do you assume that he needs tuition assistance? Brandan Wright never received a dime of financial aid and he is a great athlete and African American.

No one at Ravenwood pays a dime to go to school. Everyone gets assistance. In fact I pay for Ravenwood and my kids do not go there! No one at Ravenwood is paying anything for any BA kids to go to school and many BA parents are paying for Ravenwood kids to go to school. I don't think you deserve answers from us and I think we deserve some appreciation from you.

First item, I made no assumptions, just ask a question. None of your business answer from the three options would have been fine with me.

Second Item, You do not in fact pay for Ravenwood and your kids to go there. You pay taxes in the State of Tennessee. State divides up the amount to each school district and gives Williamson County their share. Williamson County adds to the kitty from other tax sources and builds schools within Williamson County. It could be any high school, middle school, and elementary for which you pay is spread out among all schools. You could be retired with no kids and be paying taxes for schools. You are paying for all children to go to schools as well as the universities & colleges in this state. If you want appreciation and sympathy from me for your kids to attend BA, I have none. It is your choice how you want to raise your children. It not up to me the question what you think is best. I've made choice as well as my friends which some of the parents send their kids to BA. So don't try this fuzzy logic justification why paying for BA & education taxables with me, it is what it is.

This is like saying "I think we deserved appreciation from you because my son attends Vanderbilt while your son attends UT."