District 1-AAA

bucdaddio

DB is going to ride those girls till they drop but if their guards do not step up they will be just another team in the big nine this year and the years to come. But that has been their down fall every year.

DB has two good sophmore guards coming up christian and huddle both are good ball handlers and strong defensively. They could make a strong combination next couple of years. DB also has a wing that transfered from NY or PA I think, she can play good aggressive ball. I am afraid as long as France has a little height to put on floor this season is a preview of next 2 to 3 and DB can not compete wil 2 -3 posts on floor.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let 'em get to you, 'bro...I can remember a skinny 165 pound linebacker who might not have gotten any respect either, that is until he knocked your block off !

The real talk is done on the court and on the scoreboard...not on the computer.

I hear you. Decapitations don't show up on the scoring summary either.

Sadly it was more like 145. Shouldn't you be golfing or something?

I hear you. Decapitations don't show up on the scoring summary either.

Sadly it was more like 145. Shouldn't you be golfing or something?

What decapitation are you talking about? I know your aren't talking about my daughter. Her line was 16 points on 7 of 11 shooting with 13 rebounds 2 blocks and 2steals, I still do not believe she was stopped inside when she got the ball,

What decapitation are you talking about? I know your aren't talking about my daughter. Her line was 16 points on 7 of 11 shooting with 13 rebounds 2 blocks and 2steals, I still do not believe she was stopped inside when she got the ball,

Calm down Flintstone. You don't want to get kicked out of a message board, too, do you? Although I heard you were on your best behavior Friday night.

Seriously, I didn't see the game but I'm sure your daughter had a fine one. She plays hard like most of her teamates and will get her numbers. SH will win more than their share of games and should have a couple more shots at South. Assuming Boone, TN High, DB, or even Central doesn't put up a fight that is. My comment was mostly directed at those that think points tell the whole story.

Speaking of shots, 11? Hard to imagine.

Calm down Flintstone. You don't want to get kicked out of a message board, too, do you? Although I heard you were on your best behavior Friday night.

Seriously, I didn't see the game but I'm sure your daughter had a fine one. She plays hard like most of her teamates and will get her numbers. SH will win more than their share of games and should have a couple more shots at South. Assuming Boone, TN High, DB, or even Central doesn't put up a fight that is. My comment was mostly directed at those that think points tell the whole story.

Speaking of shots, 11? Hard to imagine.

Flintstone, good one, and no was the same I have been all year. Besides do I even know you? Are you throwing me off here? Don't think so.

And it takes more than scoring to be a complete player, doingthe little things can help your team win that never gets talked about.

And yes 11 shots why is that hard to imagine?

Tonight we will see just how Science Hill rebounds. Will they come out flat or will they play fired up. Personally, I think Science Hill gets this one done but closer thant people may think. Friday will be a good test. Boone matches up well against Science Hill but Tennessee High does not. I think that is why tonights game will be closer than Friday's for the Hill. I can not wait to see the game tonight!!

Flintstone, good one, and no was the same I have been all year. Besides do I even know you? Are you throwing me off here? Don't think so.

And it takes more than scoring to be a complete player, doingthe little things can help your team win that never gets talked about.

And yes 11 shots why is that hard to imagine?

Come on Fred. Just read the boxscore. That's all I needed after you popped off and threw out some stats. If you need another hint, I've only seen you thrown out of one gym (South). All Joe's refs in JC just give you technicals.

As for the shots, there is only one ball right?

They only play the Head girl as guard, she is quick but , no defense, no offensive threat and can not physically match up with good aggressive guards in big nine. The little Jeff County guard ate her up. They also have no forwards that are an offensive threat unless they hit a few threes. DB has nobody that will drive the lane hard. Eveything designed to pass inside to post or around perimieter for a three. If you face up DBs two wings, deny them the ball and let Head handle the ball DB can't' compete. DB has a lot of height but no good ball handlers like TN High and South can step up and control the game. Give me one one two good ball handlers on the court that can make things happen anyday over two posts you have to wait on to get down the court. I am afraid this season is a preview of the next three and I don't think it will be good.

Man did you hit nail on the head! I just watched DB play TN High and it went just like you predicted. I am afraid DB is tall and that is all. As long as the parents are happier with watching their kids play instead of the team winning this is the way it will be next couple of years.

Guess we can count DB out of the mix then! Looks like the same old top four going to battle it out again this year. Science Hill looked great last night. They came out fired up and took it to Boone. Boone did make a good run in the second half but it was too much Hill last night. Makes Friday's showdown a "BIG ONE" don't you think coacht?

Come on Fred. Just read the boxscore. That's all I needed after you popped off and threw out some stats. If you need another hint, I've only seen you thrown out of one gym (South). All Joe's refs in JC just give you technicals.

As for the shots, there is only one ball right?

You need to look back you are the one who brought up stats, and using my daghters name. And still do not know who you are. And as fars as technicals have got them all over the State of Tn, Tx., even in Germany. They don't bother me.

After only 4 or 5 games out of 16, way too early to count anyone out except...

Don't you think a lot of it has to do with matchups? For example, DB should match up well with Boone but less so with SH. There really is no team in the district that is solid 1-5. Both TN High and South are 1-2 & 2-3 heavy while DB sounds strong at 4-5. SH might be the closest, but they are really more 234. It may be the "other" girls that make the difference on any given night.

Is Montgomery still running point? If not, who is the dominant point guard in the district?