MID TN Top 5 preseason in AA.

Sumner County

Mine would be.

1) White House -Very deep team this year. Lots and lots of experience, and depth. Gaines is a returning ALL-STATE player and as good offensively as any center in the state. Barnes is a starter since his freshman year , and the returning co-MVP of the district. Wood has played varsity since his freshman year, and has turned into a very solid player. This is Trobaughs 3rd year on varsity after sitting out his soph year. WH could go as much as 12 deep. Head coach Danny Mathis is gone and time will tell how that effects the team. I personally thought he was a coaching genious.

2) Station Camp - Very, very close to WH in my opinion. Only have them 2nd because of WH's depth and experience. Could overcome WH before its over. Great young coach in Seth Massey. Return super-star shooter in Jenkins who has improved his athletic ability since last year. Also return very good players in Terrell , Brown, Moore, and West.

3)CPA-Coached by former Vandy player Drew Maddox who has got a very good team this year. Led by Hunter Miller , and Zach Mason.

4) Livingston Academy- Great pt guard in Chase Dunn who can play with the best of them. Also have a lot of experience back from last year.

5) Harpeth-You can never count out Harpeth. Giltner's a great player.

You can never count out Lipscomb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine would be.

1) White House -Very deep team this year. Lots and lots of experience, and depth. Gaines is a returning ALL-STATE player and as good offensively as any center in the state. Barnes is a starter since his freshman year , and the returning co-MVP of the district. Wood has played varsity since his freshman year, and has turned into a very solid player. This is Trobaughs 3rd year on varsity after sitting out his soph year. WH could go as much as 12 deep. Head coach Danny Mathis is gone and time will tell how that effects the team. I personally thought he was a coaching genious.

2) Station Camp - Very, very close to WH in my opinion. Only have them 2nd because of WH's depth and experience. Could overcome WH before its over. Great young coach in Seth Massey. Return super-star shooter in Jenkins who has improved his athletic ability since last year. Also return very good players in Terrell , Brown, Moore, and West.

3)CPA-Coached by former Vandy player Drew Maddox who has got a very good team this year. Led by Hunter Miller , and Zach Mason.

4) Livingston Academy- Great pt guard in Chase Dunn who can play with the best of them. Also have a lot of experience back from last year.

mathis was a coaching genious i think without him will hurt white house and white house really does not see alot of competion in non district games except for the beech games and maybe the tourney at carbondale

massey is not that

great of coach

Mine would be.

I would put CPA (1) and White House (2) ...... Zach Mason is a monster !!!

I would put CPA (1) and White House (2) ...... Zach Mason is a monster !!!

I would love to see Big Daddy Gaines play against Mason. How big is Mason? i think i heard about 6 ft 7 260. Is that close? Gaines is 6 ft 7 about 320 , and has great hands. I've seen most of the better players in Tn play, but haven't watched Mason.

I would love to see Big Daddy Gaines play against Mason. How big is Mason? i think i heard about 6 ft 7 260. Is that close? Gaines is 6 ft 7 about 320 , and has great hands. I've seen most of the better players in Tn play, but haven't watched Mason.

6-7 230 ..... He has inside & outside game !!! Strong !!! He busted the glass in a game this summer ...

Mason is good, but CPA is not a one man team. They have their top 4 scorers back from last year, and only had one senior total on last year's team that won over 20 games.

Drew Maddux is a very good coach who knows how to get the most from his players.

They have a couple of players who weren't big contributors last year that have grown a few inches and are greatly improved, so they will go 8-10 deep which helps when you run a 32 minute full pressure up-tempo game.

I see CPA challenging for state crown this year.

Mason is good, but CPA is not a one man team. They have their top 4 scorers back from last year, and only had one senior total on last year's team that won over 20 games.

Drew Maddux is a very good coach who knows how to get the most from his players.

They have a couple of players who weren't big contributors last year that have grown a few inches and are greatly improved, so they will go 8-10 deep which helps when you run a 32 minute full pressure up-tempo game.

I see CPA challenging for state crown this year.

I agree !!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1. White House

2. CPA

3. Harpeth

4. Station Camp

5. Livingston Academy

Then you can not count out David Lipscomb, or the always good Sycamore War Eagles. Also Creek Wood will give fits this year as they return all there starters. District 11 is going to be a tough district this year. I will give more whenever the football season is over. Oh and expect a lot from Giltner this year.

Mine would be.

WRONG. Station Camp can't compete with White House this year. Who will guard Gaines???

mathis was a coaching genious i think without him will hurt white house and white house really does not see alot of competion in non district games except for the beech games and maybe the tourney at carbondale

massey is not that

great of coach

I think its spelled genius

1 aplural genii : an attendant spirit of a person or place bplural usually genii : a person who influences another for good or bad

2: a strong leaning or inclination : penchant

3 a: a peculiar, distinctive, or identifying character or spirit b: the associations and traditions of a place c: a personification or embodiment especially of a quality or condition

4plural usually genii : spirit, jinni

5plural usually geniuses a: a single strongly marked capacity or aptitude b: extraordinary intellectual power especially as manifested in creative activity c: a person endowed with transcendent mental superiority; especially : a person with a very high IQ

1.) Sycamore: Mitchell, Dempsey, & Coffey headline the best frontcourt in Class AA.

2.) Harpeth: Kevin Giltner & both Trey and Tyler Curruthers return for the Indians this season.

3.) White House: Gaines is back but the adjustment to the new coach will take time.

4.) Pearl Cohn: Mason, Venoy, Carter, & Cox return from last year's substate squad for Wharton.

5.) CPA: Zach Mason & Hunter Miller lead Coach Drew Maddux's Lions this season.

With Sycamore & Harpeth in District 11, Pearl Cohn & CPA in District 9, AND White House & Station Camp in District 8 there is no mistaking that Class AA Basketball is very good in Middle-TN this year.