Mckenzie Rebels vs West Carroll Eagles

maverick348

Wannab, I will fill you in. Old Hickory is now known as USJ.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Very significant correlation between Old Hickory Acad. and USJ where football and McKenzie are concerned!!!

With that said, now I will go back to being nice. But, we still don't care for 'em much. Really long story but, the next time we hang out at a game or whatever I'll tell you about it!! As with most any story I have to tell there is a certain amount of humor in this story which threatened to get both myself (then on the chain gang on their sidelines) and the Old Hickory mascot kicked out of the stadium. I guess the only thing that kept me in was that I was in an official capacity in the game and she wasn't. That was funny now but, not then!!!!

Yeah, that's right. Over time I've had my moments-----------------Fear This!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just messing with you Duck. You know that. Actually, you move better than some of the opponents we have played this year.

Two things will get "run up" on Friday night, one will be on purpose the other will not be avoidable.

1) The United States Flag will be "run up" the flag pole

2) guess????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You are killing me! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Two things will get "run up" on Friday night, one will be on purpose the other will not be avoidable.

1) The United States Flag will be "run up" the flag pole

2) guess????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

and I was enjoying you not being nice so much

I hear ya'. Just that I can tell the story in a couple of minutes and it will take me a half hour to type it. Any way, Old Hickory was named the Generals and their mascot was a girl dressed in garb to simulate Andrew Jacksons war uniform. Sword and all but, the sword was hard plastic or something like that. During the regular season they beat us pretty good (like 3 TD's or so. Well we met again in the playoffs here in McKenzie and the Jackson Sun, WBBJ, everyone in Jackson was here to watch them kill McKenzie again. Problem is that they played us about the 3d game of the season and we had gotten a lot better since then. The Jackson Sun guy asked me how we even made it to the playoffs and when I told him this was a different team from the one they played early in the season he just laughted at me and walked off saying we weren't gonna be enough to handle the Generals!!!

Anyway, the game started and the Rebels were basically running roughshod over the Generals. I don't remember exactly but, it was something like 21-0 McKenzie at half time. Anyway, everytime we passed in front of the visitors stands carrying the chains that girl Mascot of theirs would manage to smack me in the head with that sword!!!! Now it didn't really hurt and the first time I figured it was an accident. But after about the 3d time I concluded it wasn't an accident and it was annoying to say the least especially since she would laugh about it. I asked her to stop it. No luck, it kept on. I told the referee on our side and he went and talked to her. That didn't work either!!! I was gettin' pretty mad at this point because I'd mentioned it to the refs 3-4 times and she kept doing it regardless.

Well, the next time she did it we were pretty much away from the bench at the end of the stands when she hit me with it. Now back then the sticks were metal with a semi-sharp point so you could stick them in the ground and didn't have to hold them all the time if you wanted to. I jabbed my stick (down marker at that time) in the ground and turned around, grabbed that "sword" and threw it back by the fence. Then told the girl very quietly that if she went and got it before the game was over she would be retrieving it from a VERY uncomfortable location. Then quietly went back to my job. To the best of my knowledge, she never picked that sword up the rest of the game. The ref was laughing about it. and McKenzie won the game 33-0. A few of their fans got a little mouthy but, maybe they didn't know the whole story. Who knows----who cares.

I still can't believe I had the whatevers to do that but, she had made me pretty mad at that point.

That was probably in the late 70's or so.

Didn't You Marry Her Or Something? I Heard Something About You And Some Chick With A Sword And A Goat. Not For Sure How It Went But A Hotel Room Was Involved, And Missing Practice Or Game Films Or Something. Care to Elaborate Further? Vols And Titans You Was There. Wannab Has A Good Poloraid. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Just messing with you Duck. You know that. Actually, you move better than some of the opponents we have played this year.

Now V&T1, we don't really have to go THAT far here!!!! I couldn't run from my 'puter to the bathroom now (and that's only about 10 yards!!!!) That's why I keep lots of garbage cans around!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Back in my day, we played ironman ball and there just wasn't much left after our games. Much of the time we didn't have the luxury of many subs and they got to play when one of us got hurt bad enough to come out of the game or just kind of got gassed into submission which reaped stern results on Monday!!! Back then, our weight program consisted of working hay fields and cotton fields from dawn untill after dark many days, hauling boxcar loads of bricks to job sites or distributors in the area (bricks weigh 4 lb. apiece and we had two pair of brick tongs each that would carry 10 bricks each--80 lbs. each trip from the boxcar to the 2 ton flatbed truch we used.) Ya'll have any idea how many bricks a boxcar will hold???? Me either now but, it was a LOT!!!! (then we started gettin 'em in 100 brick bundles--400 lbs. each and that added a whole new meaning to fun to manhandle a 400 lb. bundle of bricks off a two ton truck by hand. Two of us could do it though by ourselves.--I got to admit there was a trick to it though!!)

Now that I think back, I'm not sure it was all football that wore me down like I am now!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Most of us who did "real" conditioning on the side did a little lifting with a small group of us getting together several nights a week and I did a lot of running around dawn before going to the fields or to haul brick. Then it was August 2-a-days!!!

I must have been crazy???? Or maybe I just loved the game!!!!

Didn't You Marry Her Or Something? I Heard Something About You And Some Chick With A Sword And A Goat. Not For Sure How It Went But A Hotel Room Was Involved, And Missing Practice Or Game Films Or Something. Care to Elaborate Further? Vols And Titans You Was There. Wannab Has A Good Poloraid. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Actually, she had a cattle prod not a sword. V&T1 & wannabe prolly wasn't even out of diapers yet then ( so I don't have a clue who was in his poloroids!!) and I didn't really marry her either!!!! It was a different girl too!@! Don't leave out the jumper cables & hip boots. And it wasn't a goat (but, in the family) either; we BBQ'd the goat and ate it earlier in the afternoon that day.

Somebody tell me to shut up!!!! Dang it Butchie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're gettin' way too good at callin' me out lately!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Get it done and save me a plate of it for the 'Boro (I hope!) I eat with my fingers so don't worry about utensils unless it needs cuttin' up!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Ill bring it to yah on a silver platter. And, if I can get my hands on one ( because apparently my McKenzie folk don't like the idea of a JCS fan wearing a Rebels gear), I will be wearing a pretty red shirt at the delivery.

Ill bring it to yah on a silver platter. And, if I can get my hands on one ( because apparently my McKenzie folk don't like the idea of a JCS fan wearing a Rebels gear), I will be wearing a pretty red shirt at the delivery.

And Don't Wear A JCS Hat Either. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />