SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

Position by position. What matchups favor Smyrna or LaVergne?

Smyrna will win the line of scrimmage when on Offense. LaVergne could possibly win in the passing game IF the line can hold for 2 seconds and we throw quick passes. WR's for LaVergne must run THEIR ROUTES and block for Tillery once he passes the D-line because he will about 10 times. LaVergne's secondary has played very well up to this point but have not really been tested. Stop the run which is our LaVergne's weakness and make Sonny pass to our deffensive strength. (sad but true Sonny's a great QB). Flair Tillary out of the back field and throw him the ball...we havent done it all season. Roll Crocker out of the pocket and get him away from the rush. LaVergne does not need to play the game between the tackles but on the outsides (example Appalachin vs Michigan) for we can't play to Smyrna's strength. Remember .....opinions are like #@$holes ..everybody's got one.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna will win the line of scrimmage when on Offense. LaVergne could possibly win in the passing game IF the line can hold for 2 seconds and we throw quick passes. WR's for LaVergne must run THEIR ROUTES and block for Tillery once he passes the D-line because he will about 10 times. LaVergne's secondary has played very well up to this point but have not really been tested. Stop the run which is our LaVergne's weakness and make Sonny pass to our deffensive strength. (sad but true Sonny's a great QB). Flair Tillary out of the back field and throw him the ball...we havent done it all season. Roll Crocker out of the pocket and get him away from the rush. LaVergne does not need to play the game between the tackles but on the outsides (example Appalachin vs Michigan) for we can't play to Smyrna's strength. Remember .....opinions are like #@$holes ..everybody's got one.

You are absolutely right. The play of the O and D lines for both sides will go a long way to determining the winner. However, I think the true test will be strength on strength...Sonny and company versus Bather and company. Whoever has some early success and is able to build confidence might get on a roll.

You are absolutely right. The play of the O and D lines for both sides will go a long way to determining the winner. However, I think the true test will be strength on strength...Sonny and company versus Bather and company. Whoever has some early success and is able to build confidence might get on a roll.

LaVergne's offense depends alot on momentum. they must move the chaines and keep possession of the ball DINK and DUNK down the field and confuse the defense with different formations. I still say that LaVergne MUST stop the run to win. Make Sonny pass .....I beleive we have the athletes to guard the wr's.....Apply a Run Blitz mentality which means blitz Sonny every play but keep eyes open for the RB. Make Smyrna play our game instead of playing theirs. Fast paced...aggressive overload blitzing with cb kept on an island with man to man coverage. If Smyrna adjust to it then change accordingly. Hold the wr's on the line of scrimmage and slow them making them adjust their routes. Hester must get the plays in early so the offense can absorb whats in front of them ...if only for 5 seconds. Make offensive audibles from the line to adjust. Test Smyrna downfield once every 8 offensive plays to keep them on their heels so Tillery has a chance with the run. by the same token Tillery must carry out his fakes to freeze the deffenders when passing. Wr's must EXPLODE OFF THE BALL and keep the secondary guessing on whether pass or run. Don't loly gag because the ball isn't being thrown to you. This will keep the secondary honest. Tillery must get the ball on some flair passes.....imagine what he could do with open field. Eliminate penalties, stay focused with what your doing and not get down on each other .....remember attitudes are contagous.

Excellent analysis, but you forgot a few things. First of all Smryna has a better kicking game than Lavergne, and Smyrna knows that they can beat Lavergne, but Lavergne has doubt that they can beat Smyrna. Should be a good game.

LaVergne's offense depends alot on momentum. they must move the chaines and keep possession of the ball DINK and DUNK down the field and confuse the defense with different formations. I still say that LaVergne MUST stop the run to win. Make Sonny pass .....I beleive we have the athletes to guard the wr's.....Apply a Run Blitz mentality which means blitz Sonny every play but keep eyes open for the RB. Make Smyrna play our game instead of playing theirs. Fast paced...aggressive overload blitzing with cb kept on an island with man to man coverage. If Smyrna adjust to it then change accordingly. Hold the wr's on the line of scrimmage and slow them making them adjust their routes. Hester must get the plays in early so the offense can absorb whats in front of them ...if only for 5 seconds. Make offensive audibles from the line to adjust. Test Smyrna downfield once every 8 offensive plays to keep them on their heels so Tillery has a chance with the run. by the same token Tillery must carry out his fakes to freeze the deffenders when passing. Wr's must EXPLODE OFF THE BALL and keep the secondary guessing on whether pass or run. Don't loly gag because the ball isn't being thrown to you. This will keep the secondary honest. Tillery must get the ball on some flair passes.....imagine what he could do with open field. Eliminate penalties, stay focused with what your doing and not get down on each other .....remember attitudes are contagous.

heck if lavergne does all that they will beat the new england patriots or the colts

remember 2 words never mentioned in all these post

#22 - jeremiah bryson

one of these ideas I am all for

"Fast paced...aggressive overload blitzing with cb kept on an island with man to man coverage"

Smyrna can only hope Lavergne has not learned their lesson and does cover rod man to man. If I am not mistaken he has around 10 tds in the last 3 years vs lavergne with 3 in each of the last 2 games.

David Cutcliff told me at a smyrna practice this year that Rod would start right now for Tennessee in the SEC. That island stuff sounds great but that is asking a lot from any db/ Rod is better this year and I mean a lot better. He runs routes and sonny knows exactly where he is going and throws to a spot.

Once again cover Rod man to man on an Island I vote for that.

Excellent analysis, but you forgot a few things. First of all Smryna has a better kicking game than Lavergne, and Smyrna knows that they can beat Lavergne, but Lavergne has doubt that they can beat Smyrna. Should be a good game.

I agree to some extent. I beleive that is more important mentality wise for LaVergne to score first more so than Smyrna. LaVergne must get off to a good start which is 60% of their mentle battle. LaVergne can score if Hester comes out loose and aggressive. We can pass the ball on anyone.....Crocker only had 16 attempts against siegel from his usual 25 to 35 attempts. Crocker must realize that a 5 yard pass to gray or others can go for 80 yards. As Keyshawn Johnson has stated "JUST THROW THEM THE darn BALL" and let the skill players do the rest. 16 attempts last week only crippled the offense. Short passess can go for big. Go to your strengths and dont be conservative...an offense that always in shotgun is not what i call conservative so start calling your plays accordingly.

heck if lavergne does all that they will beat the new england patriots or the colts

remember 2 words never mentioned in all these post

#22 - jeremiah bryson

one of these ideas I am all for

"Fast paced...aggressive overload blitzing with cb kept on an island with man to man coverage"

Smyrna can only hope Lavergne has not learned their lesson and does cover rod man to man. If I am not mistaken he has around 10 tds in the last 3 years vs lavergne with 3 in each of the last 2 games.

David Cutcliff told me at a smyrna practice this year that Rod would start right now for Tennessee in the SEC. That island stuff sounds great but that is asking a lot from any db/ Rod is better this year and I mean a lot better. He runs routes and sonny knows exactly where he is going and throws to a spot.

Once again cover Rod man to man on an Island I vote for that.

One person does not make a team. Bryson couldn't do anything if it wasnt for the men up front...a lot of people seem to forget that ..oh yeah (fyi) Sonny wouldn't either. You failed to mention any of those guys which tell me you havent done much reading of the previous post. I don't mind responding but please come prepared... quit with the few sentance fragments and offer some inteligent insight to the group. The gentlman asked a question and I responded... At some point you must stop looking at the name on the shirt a play ball against whoever. If Sonny hurries his throws and the LaVergne safety plays over the top ....it shouldnt be a problem if executed properly. Remember It's not Brady to Moss since your the Patriot fan. Sonny can and has made mistakes. Im only offering a solution to the problem. Maybe LaVergne should not have a game plan and do the same stuff it did last week.

Remember .....opinions are like #@$holes ..everybody's got one.

I met a girl with two...lol! On a another subject, there IS a spell check feature on this forum.

Is that it? nothing more intelligent to offer to the group. How bout something that has to do with football. Here's an idea... lets hear your thoughts about the game...thats why you logged on is'nt it? I beleive there is a kids chat line on Disney for kids. Grown ups are posting here. its not how it's written but what is written.

you already noted lavrgenes line is not very good especially on defense - nothing to add to that I agree

if you honestly think lavergne is going to cover rod man to man then your lack of football knowledge is obvious

but they will probably try it

a perfect quote

"those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

George Santayana

remeber

jeremiah bryson

MOJO TAKE A BREAK!!!!!! First thing i want you to know is crocker needs to understand when its not there dont make the silly mistake. this must be done with running the ball some from the QB spot. the williams kid to me seems like he can handle the rush better(HE IS THE SENIOR.)smyrna will show a different package than he has seen all year so the QB has to use his legs an head an not panic . I NOT SURE COMING DOWN ON THE ( D ) LIKE YOU DID AN CALLING OUT THE ( WR ) IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.ITS ONLY HIGH SCHOOL KIDS PLAYING A GAME THAT MOST STILL LOVE. smyrna does not have much tape on the williams kid so that should help lavergne some.they know what crocker is all about.....................can you stop the run.....................

MOJO TAKE A BREAK!!!!!! First thing i want you to know is crocker needs to understand when its not there dont make the silly mistake. this must be done with running the ball some from the QB spot. the williams kid to me seems like he can handle the rush better(HE IS THE SENIOR.)smyrna will show a different package than he has seen all year so the QB has to use his legs an head an not panic . I NOT SURE COMING DOWN ON THE ( D ) LIKE YOU DID AN CALLING OUT THE ( WR ) IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.ITS ONLY HIGH SCHOOL KIDS PLAYING A GAME THAT MOST STILL LOVE. smyrna does not have much tape on the williams kid so that should help lavergne some.they know what crocker is all about.....................can you stop the run.....................

What is Crocker about? Do you agree the d-line needs help or are we watching two different LaVergne teams?