David Lipscomb vs. Giles County

norespect

The one loss Mustangs of David Lipscomb make the journey from Nashville to Pulaski to face off against the also one loss Bobcats of Giles County. This could very well be one of the biggest games in the region's recent history. The Cats seek revenge on the team that cost them what might have been a state championship run last year, while the perennial powerhouse Lipscomb looks to continue the unbeaten streak in the region. This is going to be a game to remember. Let's get ready to strap up and square off.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a great week for football in Region 5-3A.

Giles Co. is a very good football team that can do many things offensively when they play to their potential. Wallace is the real deal at quarterback. Houston is a great player at running back. Perez, Brown, & McElroy are all quality receivers. On defense Dimayo & Dangerfield are a couple of giants on that line. Reynolds, Turner, & Harney are all very good football players at linebacker playing behind those huge linemen. In the secondary Perez has been back there forever it seems. Coleman & Gardner are both good players at the corner spots. Despite losing a huge group of seniors from last year's bunch it is very clear that Giles Co. is a very good football team.

The David Lipscomb Mustangs are the David Lipscomb Mustangs. Offensively they are a juggernaut and I really don't know if they can be completely slowed by anyone. Holt, Moneypenny, & Davis are all good backs who could take it the distance anytime their hands touch the football. Davis is a pretty good player at receiver as well. The Mustangs have a great player as their top receiver in Rogers. Simpson is the fourth quarterback to take the snaps for Lipscomb in four years and he's doing a fine job of distributing the football. On the offensive and defensive lines Cannon, Hunt, & Tenpenny (tight end on offense) are all physical players who get after folks. Webb may be the best linebacker in this region and he's having a fine season to this point. In the secondary is where the Mustangs hurt folks. If you make any kind of mistakes against those guys then Holt, Rogers, & Co. are going to make you pay for it dearly. The Mustangs are as good as always and are IMO the favorite to win the region and advance to the Blue Cross Bowl out of the west-half of the bracket.

There has not been a game of this importance in Pulaski IN A VERY LONG TIME!!!! Remember that last year's playoff games against JSS & DL for the Bobcats were both away from the Brickyard. I expect the house to be packed next Friday night for a game that should be very interesting to say the least. David Lipscomb has seen big tests already on the year thus far at home against Goodpasture and on the road at Greenbrier & Creek Wood. I believe that Giles has only been tested once in a long time and that was the loss against Columbia Central. Outside of that game they have pretty much cruised since their first two games of the season against Humboldt and Lawrence Co. THIS GAME IS GOING TO DECIDE A LOT AS FAR AS THE PLAYOFF RACE IS CONCERNED IN REGION 5-3A!!!!!!

My OFFICIAL PREDICTION will come later in the week so stay tuned and let the drama unfold folks /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

HERE'S A LOOK AT REGION 5-3A GOING INTO WEEK 8

1.) David Lipscomb: 6-1 (4-0)

1.) Giles Co.: 6-1 (4-0)

1.) Marshall Co.: 6-1 (4-0)

ALL 3 TEAMS HAVE CLINCHED PLAYOFF BERTHS FOR THE 2007 POSTSEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.) Creek Wood: 4-3 (2-2): beat Page (vs Cheatham Co. this week & vs Spring Hill in Week 10)

5.) Cheatham Co.: 1-6 (1-3): beat Spring Hill (at Creek Wood this week & vs Page in Week 10)

6.) Spring Hill: 1-6 (1-3): lost to Cheatham Co. (vs Page in Week 9 & at CW in Week 10)

7.) Page: 1-6 (0-4): lost to Creek Wood (at SH in Week 9 & at CC in Week 10)

8.) Montgomery Central: 0-7 (0-4)

For the next three weeks this region has got a lot of figuring out to do. David Lipscomb. Marshall Co., & Giles Co. all play one another over the course of these final three weeks. Those three games are going to decide who's going to be the top two seeds hosting once the playoffs begin and who will be that third place team that travels to Jackson to start out the playoffs. Teams #1 & #2 will host McNairy Central & Bolivar Central out of West-TN respectively. The #3 seed will travel to play at #2 Jackson South Side to start postseason play.

The #4 seed is going to travel in the opening round of the playoffs to play at Fayette Ware. Creek Wood has the inside track of controlling their own destiny right now. On the same note following the win last night and seeing as how their region losses came to teams #1-#3 in the region the Cubs from Cheatham Co. also control their own destiny as far as making the playoffs go. THESE ARE THE ONLY TWO TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFF HUNT FOR THE #4 SEED THAT CAN SAY THAT THEY CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY!!!!!! That is what makes this week's game so important for both teams in this tight race.

Spring Hill lost to Cheatham Co. last night but they are still in the thick of this thing. The Raiders have games remaining with Page & Creek Wood to close the season so they're not going anywhere anytime soon. Page is winless in the region and the loss to Creek Wood hurts them for the time being but after seeing them on Thursday night I really feel that they could still play a role in this. Page plays at Spring Hill and at Cheatham Co. to close out the regular season. This week they host Montgomery Central, who has lost 25 consecutive football games, and the Patriots should pick up their first region win in that one. As hard as it is to believe they could have something to play for those final two weeks of the season.

HOPE THIS CLEARS THINGS UP FOR YOU ALL!!!!!!!

I posted this on the other thread but this game has a huge impact on Region 5-3A so here you go.

Giles Co. hosting David Lipscomb will be the first of three games that will play a huge role in determining the region title picture.

David Lipscomb has yet to be scored on in Region 5-3A play this season. Their defense is awesome as is indicated by those four shutouts. Giles Co. has an offense that is very potent and can score from anywhere on the field with those players. Their scores in region play to this point are 66, 63, 41, & 35 from that group.

THAT IS A GREAT MATCHUP WITHIN THE GAME FOR THIS WEEK!!!!!!

Will it be the Giles Co. offense that scores????? Will it be the David Lipscomb defense that is perfect so far on the season?????

if GC beats DL and does not win another game this year i'll be happy.i think the streak is snapped friday.but i don't see GC winning this one.i think GC win break the scoreless streak but their D cannot stop DL.ever noticed in big games like Columbias game Bo Wallace has nervous feet.eveybody better get there early i'm sure it will be packed.can we expect a big crowd from DL? DL-24 GC-10

Giles County will be as prepared for this game as they have been for any game they have ever played in. Practice for Lipscomb started last week on the offensive and defensive fronts. No doubt DL is going to be the favorite, but I sincerely believe the Bobcats are the hardest working group in the mid-state. It will all be decided on the practice fields and in the film sessions this week.

Do YOU Believe in Miracles?