David Lipscomb vs. Giles County

norespect

Hey Vandy,

I don't think it was part of the GC "gameplan" to turn the ball over four times. The mustangs had something to do with that.

I think you just need to recognize how good the David Lipscomb coaching staff is. You have been spoiled by a consistent 13 win season and state final appearances. Yet you get on here and criticize your staff when they don't win the gold football! It's a pretty good problem to have...chocking in the championship game. Lots of teams would be happy to get there. Fact is that the region has not provided enough competition to make Lipscomb work to get better. The may be better off in Region 4 playing Pearl Cohn and White House.

My point is David Lipscomb dominates year and year out with that "boring, ancient wing't offense". Don't take what you got for granted.

That "boring ancient wing t offense" you refer to has worked pretty darn good for David Lipscomb. THEY RUN THE TRAP AGAINST EVERYONE!!! I don't care if they are playing Greenbrier, Cheatham Co., Creek Wood, Spring Hill, Page, Marshall Co., Giles Co., Montgomery Central, Goodpasture, etc. Heck!!! This includes the last two years in the playoffs as well against West-TN teams Lexington (12-0 when they fell to DL), & both Covington & Dyersburg (7-3A Semifinalists).

If David Lipscomb bumped down to 2A then teams like DCA, FRA, CPA, Ezell Harding, etc. wouldn't stand a prayer. They would kill all of those teams on a given Friday night. Goodpasture beat them this year but anyone who saw the game knows that David Lipscomb BLEW IT LATE!!!! If those two teams played 10 times I have no doubt that David Lipscomb would win 7 of them. AT LEAST!!!!

If or when David Lipscomb bumps up to Region 5-4A do you think it will be any different????? They are going to run the trap against Hillsboro, Maplewood, Whites Creek, & Stratford as well. They may not pop as many for 70-80 yard TD runs but still they'll never be stopped. Coach Mac & Co. are just too smart and those players EXECUTE!!! David Lipscomb is better than everybody not because they have supreme athletes. If that is the case then how come Fulton, Pearl Cohn, White House, & Austin East all have 2 LOSSES this year????? None of those teams, with the exception of WH getting killed by Alcoa, lost to a team better than Goodpasture (YES THAT INCLUDES KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC, MAPLEWOOD, & BEECH). It isn't like the White House @ Alcoa game was 14-14 at the end of regulation. That game was 41-0 in THE 2ND QUARTER /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Do you all know who the last 2A school to beat Alcoa was??????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

THE DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS (55-6: 2003 State Semifinals) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC,

You missed my point. The David Lipscomb fans call their offense "boring and ancient" when they lose to really good teams in the championship game. The forget the fact that it was used to demolish every other team they have played that year.

Trust me, I see how effective their offense is. They really don't worry about what the defense is going to do. They are going to run what they run. The blocking might change a little, but they run what they run...and 98% of the time for big results.

Catholic has been going undefeated and winning the region the past couple of years in the toughest region in 3A. Goodpasture can't even compete with our 2A East Tennessee team, Alcoa, whom Fulton beat last year, while losing to Catholic in the regular season. Now, as good as Fulton was last year, we did lose to Catholic 27-13 at home in the regular season. We beat Alcoa on the road. Alcoa beat Goodpasture, again, in the 2A finals. What makes you so sure that Goodpasture is better than Catholic? Better than Oak Ridge, a perrenial 5A power, for that matter?

Hey Vandy,

I don't think it was part of the GC "gameplan" to turn the ball over four times. The mustangs had something to do with that.

I think you just need to recognize how good the David Lipscomb coaching staff is. You have been spoiled by a consistent 13 win season and state final appearances. Yet you get on here and criticize your staff when they don't win the gold football! It's a pretty good problem to have...chocking in the championship game. Lots of teams would be happy to get there. Fact is that the region has not provided enough competition to make Lipscomb work to get better. The may be better off in Region 4 playing Pearl Cohn and White House.

My point is David Lipscomb dominates year and year out with that "boring, ancient wing't offense". Don't take what you got for granted.

My Good Friend: I believe you have me mixed up with someone else. I have never complained about the Lipscomb Coaching Staff on Coach T or the Mustangfanpage (when I was the webmaster). The Mustangs fans have not complained about the Wing-T offense. Not sure of where you are getting those comments or how you are reading into other's comments. The success of the LIpscomb system( and I said system) has been the longevity of Coach Mac and his staff. 26th season at Lipscomb. I have mentioned here at Coach T...its not recruiting its the Lipscomb system that continues to produce winners. You now have 5th and 6th graders who become familiar with the Lipscomb calls and a middle school that runs most of the Lipscomb offense and defense. So please don't throw my name out there as a Lipscomb Staff basher. You referenced my post about how bizarre Giles County game plan was and you made points about me complaining about the Lipscomb staff. Didn't see that coming.

Catholic has been going undefeated and winning the region the past couple of years in the toughest region in 3A. Goodpasture can't even compete with our 2A East Tennessee team, Alcoa, whom Fulton beat last year, while losing to Catholic in the regular season. Now, as good as Fulton was last year, we did lose to Catholic 27-13 at home in the regular season. We beat Alcoa on the road. Alcoa beat Goodpasture, again, in the 2A finals. What makes you so sure that Goodpasture is better than Catholic? Better than Oak Ridge, a perrenial 5A power, for that matter?

Trust me Road2Three. We are both wasting our time here. I am obviously going to defend a midstate team seeing as how I am from the midstate. You are going to defend an east-TN team for the exact same reasons.

Knoxville Catholic has gone 12-0 over the last two years HOWEVER until they go to the Blue Cross Bowl then what cry do they honestly have???? It's not a big prize to say "we were the best team after week twelve" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Year in and year out Goodpasture is always a threat to go to the Blue Cross Bowl.

That's a mute point Country. Yeah, they go to the BlueCross bowl and lose. So does David Lipcomb. Are you not seeing a connection here? In 2A, Alcoa is winning it every year. The past few years they've been beating Goodpasture with some of those games not even worthy of showing on T.V. for the sake of embarrasment for Goodpasture. Lipscomb has been to the title game the past 2 years in 3A, but lost to a Region 2-3A opponent both times in Livingston and Fulton. The region we're in has won it 5 of the past 6 years in 3A, being runner-up in 02, losing to a team that should have been in 4A and is now. Just because Goodpasture keeps going to the 2A game and losing doesn't mean anything. The quarterfinal matchup over here in East Tennessee has been the STATE game for the past 6 years. Just because Catholic lost to Livingston and Fulton the past two years in the playoffs, both were State Champions, doesn't mean Goodpasture is a better team just because they go to the 2A game and get blown out by Alcoa every year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="