David Lipscomb vs. Giles County

norespect

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please get back to discussing the upcoming game between David Lipscomb and Giles County? Okay, that might not have been the best move on the planet from the Giles County bench, but I am a BIG believer in playing until the whistle blows, if they can't stop you that's their problem. Nobody likes getting it rubbed into their face.

NOW, let's get back to the game at hand, it seems like there's maybe 2 people who think Giles County actually has a shot to win this ball game.

Let me say this, Giles County has had an EXCELLENT week of practice thus far. They've been going from 1:30 to dark busting their tails to get better, and most of them come to position meetings in the mornings. I don't know of anybody outworking these guys.

The stadium is going to be PACKED to the brim so you might want to get there early. Lipscomb goes to the left out of the gate and the Giles County fans of course go to the right as has been customary the whole season.

It's going to be one wild night in Pulaski

Sounds like some toes got stepped on.Everyone posting about this topic knows that this happens from time to time,maybe it was intentional,maybe it wasn't. BUT KEEP THIS IN MIND. Most fans have nothing to do with the game, save watching it.And, every team has these people that make the rest look bad at times. The GC coaching made a mistake in that last score on Page, IMO, but was itthe wrong thing to do for the GC players????? I dont know,as most of you dont.Obviously it wasn't good for the Page players at the time. Every team has ,or will, do it at some point.Depending on what side of it you are onoften is the difference in right or wrong.You never hear the winning teams fans complaining ofthe score being run up, so for whoever claims to be (doing the right thing)or (the classy thing)I would like to hear it when you are on the high side of a lopsided score.

Now that is a great post. I believe that trying to humiliate someone by running it up on them is the same thing as spitting on them (Terrell Owens) or kicking them while they are down (Albert Haynesworth). IT IS CLASSLESS!!!!Giles Co. is not alone either. I have seen many teams do it in the past and have actually been a part of a team that has done it to someone else in the past. You can't blame the players. Those guys have to do what they are told to do otherwise they will not play. Simple as that!!!! This is just one of those types of situations that a coach just does and believe it or not later comes to regret. I have no issues at all with Coach O'Connor & Co. They are a great staff and have done great things at GCHS. Last Thursday was just one of those types of nights in which he and I wouldn't be in 100% agreeance. This would be if I were coaching with him or against him either way. NOTHING PERSONAL JUST PHILOSOPHICAL THAT IS IT!!!!

Where starters still in the game or was it the 2nd team? Always hate to see the 2nd group not given the chance to run the offense.

STARTERS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> WallaceHouston Perez etc.

Nobody in the Knoxville area (at least from Fulton's standpoint) doesn't believe David Lipscomb is a good football team. The point trying to be made is that the best of the state in 3A has come out of Region 2-3A the past 6 years. AE won it in 2001, Fulton was runner-up in 2002, won it in 2003 & 2004, Livingston Academy (with 5 losses) still won it in 2005, and Fulton reclaimed the title back in 2006. Nobody can argue the dominance in that region. Catholic appears to be the team to beat this year (again, Region 2-3A) and Fulton is 6-1 even in a rebuilding year. So, it's easy to see how people can assume the game to get out of that region is the "State" game in a sense. I, for one, would like to see David Lipscomb beat Catholic in the BlueCross Bowl this year, unless Fulton makes it of course. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Like I said...what goes around. Eddie Haskell sounds really familiar.....wasn't he a real JERK in "Leave It To Beaver" from the 60's show........name sure fits.

I don't care how you look at running up the score or whatever. This one was out of line. I was there...unless you saw it....your imput is meaningless.

A LONG time ago, when I was a coach and was blessed with 0-5 record playing an 5-0 team that had played a weaker schedule. There were 4 min to play in the game and we were behind 12-0 and the other team had the ball on our 35. They passed on 1st down and was incomplete...I'm thinking this guy is nuts or trying to run up the score for the polls...next play they pass again and we intercept and run it back to their 10 where we scored to make it 12-7. With 2:30 left we onside kick and it doesn't work. Game over???? Not a chance....1st down he throws an incompletion. We have our TO's and force a puny punt that we run back to their 30. Three plays later we score and and win 14-12. Biggest upset in the area that year. Game over...their Coach says to me "You just ruined my season!"......duh...I ruined it???...what a classless idiot. We only lost one more game and he won only one more. Point is first....Don't mess with the Bulldog and second ...Have some common sense about things....anyone who knows Jack Daniels knows this is going to come back around....in a really subtle way

Nobody in the Knoxville area (at least from Fulton's standpoint) doesn't believe David Lipscomb is a good football team. The point trying to be made is that the best of the state in 3A has come out of Region 2-3A the past 6 years. AE won it in 2001, Fulton was runner-up in 2002, won it in 2003 & 2004, Livingston Academy (with 5 losses) still won it in 2005, and Fulton reclaimed the title back in 2006. Nobody can argue the dominance in that region. Catholic appears to be the team to beat this year (again, Region 2-3A) and Fulton is 6-1 even in a rebuilding year. So, it's easy to see how people can assume the game to get out of that region is the "State" game in a sense. I, for one, would like to see David Lipscomb beat Catholic in the BlueCross Bowl this year, unless Fulton makes it of course. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are right. Region 2 is the best in 3A. I have stated before that David Lipscomb is the only perrennial threat in region 5 which is really a bad thing for them. They routinely beat their region opponents 35-0 and have about one tough game a year from the next best team in the region. As David Lipscomb coaches you have a tough sell trying to tell your players that they need to continue to work and get better as the season goes on when they are winning so easily. I think it has kept DL from being a better team when they reach the Blue Cross Bowl.

I do think this trend is changing and the other region teams are getting better, although DL has not had any region competiton to this point. Giles and Marshall will make DL keep their starters in for three quarters anyway!

LADIES & GENTLEMEN IT IS OFFICIALLY THURSDAY!!!!!

What a game we have on tap this week. Giles Co. (11-2 last year & 6-1 this year) against David Lipscomb (13-2 last year & 6-1 this year). THE BATTLE IS ON IN PULASKI!!!!!

Keys to the Game for Both Teams

Giles Co.: If last year's battles are any indication then this year is going to have to be a repeat performance of the playoff game. Giles Co. must find ways to run the football and control the clock. This means Tobias & Cory Houston, Quon Reynolds, Josh Perez, & Bo Wallace have all got to chip in and rush for at least 200 yards as a team. The Bobcats offense is a juggernaut HOWEVER it is still always easy to forget that Bo Wallace is just a sophomore at quarterback. I don't care what type of passing yardage and how many touchdowns he throws for on the season. Wallace can not be put in situations where he is going to throw interceptions. The Mustangs secondary is very good and will make him pay if he forces the football GUARANTEED!!!! On defense Giles is very big up front with Dangerfield & Dimayo. They have excellent linebackers in Cobb, Reynolds, Harney, & Turner. Those guys can not let the Mustang running game get going. If they can force Simpson to beat them by throwing it then they are in good shape. Coleman & Perez anchor a pretty good defensive backfield.

David Lipscomb: The Mustangs are the Mustangs. How many ways can I say this???? David Lipscomb is going to try and come out early on offense and establish their dominance by pounding the football. Jeremy Holt is a home run hitter at back. He can take it to the house from anywhere. Russ Moneypenny has good speed and runs with great power. Kevin Davis is the scat back that can get it and go once he hits the corner. Giles Co. will have to prove to the Mustangs that they can stop them from pounding it at will before DL ever considers abandoning their gameplan. Big plays will present themselves if Giles stacks everyone in the box to stop the run. This means that Simpson has to connect with Rogers through the air via the deep ball when the opportunity comes. On defense David Lipscomb has to stop a good stable of backs that GC has. Giles will likely try to establish the run early after seeing the film of the Creek Wood game last week. The Mustangs are going to get a few chances to hurt Giles when they try and throw it. Wallace is just proned to force it at times. If Lipscomb can get pressure and make him make bad decisions then they are going to be successful on defense.

BOTH OF THESE TEAMS OFFENSIVE LINES WERE YOUNG HEADING INTO THE SEASON. BOTH OF THEIR UNITS WILL BE PUT TO THE TEST FOR THE FIRST TIME IN REGION PLAY ALL SEASON IN THIS ONE!!!!! RUNNING THE FOOTBALL WILL DETERMINE A WINNER IN ALL LIKELIHOOD SO LINE PLAY IS IMPORTANT.

David Lipscomb: 28

Giles Co.: 14

That's my story & I am sticking to it folks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with this post. Lets try to keep the simple things simple, people! Please explain yourself bobcat

someone on the david lipscomb fan page i guess thought that i meant with the portable bleachers that seating would be limited, i guess it could be if you all bring enough people.But what i meant was i dont know if you all remember the last time yall were down when you come in the gate the visitor side was on the right side and the home side was on the left.Now the comment about moving the game to another county made no sense.Bottom line go through the gate,sit on the left,enjoy the game,fight traffic when you leave.sorry about the confusion

LADIES & GENTLEMEN IT IS OFFICIALLY THURSDAY!!!!!

What a game we have on tap this week. Giles Co. (11-2 last year & 6-1 this year) against David Lipscomb (13-2 last year & 6-1 this year). THE BATTLE IS ON IN PULASKI!!!!!

Keys to the Game for Both Teams

Giles Co.: If last year's battles are any indication then this year is going to have to be a repeat performance of the playoff game. Giles Co. must find ways to run the football and control the clock. This means Tobias & Cory Houston, Quon Reynolds, Josh Perez, & Bo Wallace have all got to chip in and rush for at least 200 yards as a team. The Bobcats offense is a juggernaut HOWEVER it is still always easy to forget that Bo Wallace is just a sophomore at quarterback. I don't care what type of passing yardage and how many touchdowns he throws for on the season. Wallace can not be put in situations where he is going to throw interceptions. The Mustangs secondary is very good and will make him pay if he forces the football GUARANTEED!!!! On defense Giles is very big up front with Dangerfield & Dimayo. They have excellent linebackers in Cobb, Reynolds, Harney, & Turner. Those guys can not let the Mustang running game get going. If they can force Simpson to beat them by throwing it then they are in good shape. Coleman & Perez anchor a pretty good defensive backfield.

David Lipscomb: The Mustangs are the Mustangs. How many ways can I say this???? David Lipscomb is going to try and come out early on offense and establish their dominance by pounding the football. Jeremy Holt is a home run hitter at back. He can take it to the house from anywhere. Russ Moneypenny has good speed and runs with great power. Kevin Davis is the scat back that can get it and go once he hits the corner. Giles Co. will have to prove to the Mustangs that they can stop them from pounding it at will before DL ever considers abandoning their gameplan. Big plays will present themselves if Giles stacks everyone in the box to stop the run. This means that Simpson has to connect with Rogers through the air via the deep ball when the opportunity comes. On defense David Lipscomb has to stop a good stable of backs that GC has. Giles will likely try to establish the run early after seeing the film of the Creek Wood game last week. The Mustangs are going to get a few chances to hurt Giles when they try and throw it. Wallace is just proned to force it at times. If Lipscomb can get pressure and make him make bad decisions then they are going to be successful on defense.

BOTH OF THESE TEAMS OFFENSIVE LINES WERE YOUNG HEADING INTO THE SEASON. BOTH OF THEIR UNITS WILL BE PUT TO THE TEST FOR THE FIRST TIME IN REGION PLAY ALL SEASON IN THIS ONE!!!!! RUNNING THE FOOTBALL WILL DETERMINE A WINNER IN ALL LIKELIHOOD SO LINE PLAY IS IMPORTANT.

David Lipscomb: 28

Giles Co.: 14

That's my story & I am sticking to it folks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Both teams will try to establish the run and I dont think you will be able to

convince neather that they cant.

Closer than most think. 21-20 24 -28 something like that.

I gotta go with GC! I think they can get it done.

Besides if I pick DL they would hang me from the flag pole.

It will be a great game .