David Lipscomb vs. Giles County

norespect

Not sure that right BC. Believe MC lost in the first round to SS 7-6 one of those years.

The 7-6 game was the quarterfinal matchup between the two in 2000. That was my junior year, as you are well aware, when Marshall Co. ran the table going 10-0 in the regular season. They beat David Lipscomb that year 29-28 & Page that year 13-7. In the playoffs the opening round win was over Bolivar Central 49-21. In the second round they beat Crockett Co. 16-13. That was the week that the kid from CC killed himself. In the quarterfinals Marshall lost at JSS 7-6. The JSS team also beat Page that postseason in the opening round at Page 20-7.

Marshall was the only 5-3A team in 2000 to get beyond the first round. 6-3A was loaded that year and had a three-way tie for first place between Milan, JSS, & Crockett. Milan beat us 28-14. Crockett beat Giles 35-0. JSS beat Page 20-7. Marshall's 49-21 win over Bolivar that year was the only opening round win by our region.

In 2001 they lost in the first round to JSS 29-20. They beat us and won the region title IN THE WORST GAME WE EVER PLAYED!!!! We were 9-1 that year and MCHS was 7-3 but they held the head-to-head over us which meant they won the region title. We played Bolivar that year in the opening round in the #2 vs #3 matchup. If you remember correctly the second round matchups that year were #2 Crockett Co. vs #4 JSS & #1 McNairy Central vs #2 Sycamore. Crockett beat JSS 9-7. We beat McNairy 38-7. Crockett beat us 9-7.

We were the only 5-3A team that year to get out of the first round. Marshall lost to JSS. Greenbrier lost to McNairy. Page lost to Crockett (got denied at the goal line as time expired).

HOPE THIS INFO HELPS YOU & HOPE THINGS ARE GOING WELL FOR YOU & YOURS!!!!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL BOSKI!!!!!!

I just noticed that you joined on this date just one year ago. The original boski was already posting well before then about Maplewood. You sir are an impostor /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Big Country ..cant you tell that, he is eddie asskill, i mean eddie haskell? he is a bum!!

Lipscomb played perhaps one of its more complete games of the season in this win. A hard hitting game. However, Giles County offensive play calling was bizarre at times...not much rhyme or reason. I was talking to one of the Giles County game day staff and he indicated that the Bobcats spent a lot of extra time in preparation for this game, but what was called on the offensive side of the ball was not what they worked on during the week. Bobcats had early success running the ball up the gut and some success all night with it. However on a 4th down and a foot, they go wide and get dropped for a loss. Giles County had no offensive adjustments at anytime during the game..no passing game, no spread...The Lipscomb crowd were very much surprised in the Giles County Game plan, or lack thereof. Still have to credit the Lipscomb defense who made the plays and the offense who made things happen. On the comment from HAWSE40 that Private should be in their own class, Last night really didn't matter who was what other than Lipscomb's game plan was better or better executed and it looked like whatever plan the GC staff had put into play was the wrong plan or just wasn't executed. This game could have easily been 49-3. Giles County has good looking athletes, they seemed to be ready to play prior to kickoff but after their first drive stalled and ended up with a field goal...they looked like the steam had been knocked out of them and had nothing left.

Lipscomb played perhaps one of its more complete games of the season in this win. A hard hitting game. However, Giles County offensive play calling was bizarre at times...not much rhyme or reason. I was talking to one of the Giles County game day staff and he indicated that the Bobcats spent a lot of extra time in preparation for this game, but what was called on the offensive side of the ball was not what they worked on during the week. Bobcats had early success running the ball up the gut and some success all night with it. However on a 4th down and a foot, they go wide and get dropped for a loss. Giles County had no offensive adjustments at anytime during the game..no passing game, no spread...The Lipscomb crowd were very much surprised in the Giles County Game plan, or lack thereof. Still have to credit the Lipscomb defense who made the plays and the offense who made things happen. On the comment from HAWSE40 that Private should be in their own class, Last night really didn't matter who was what other than Lipscomb's game plan was better or better executed and it looked like whatever plan the GC staff had put into play was the wrong plan or just wasn't executed. This game could have easily been 49-3. Giles County has good looking athletes, they seemed to be ready to play prior to kickoff but after their first drive stalled and ended up with a field goal...they looked like the steam had been knocked out of them and had nothing left.

First off, congrats to the mustangs on a great win.They played well and looked real good.

Having said that, what the @#$ was Giles County doing????It seems that after the bungled snap that

gave Lipscomb a TD that the GC staff conceded defiet. I liked the game plan going in but after you

get down two or three scores you have to use the play book to its potential.GC did not. where was

the potent off. they have shown in the past?It was not even tried. I am not downing DL,they would

have done well against the best GC threw at them. MY QUESTION is why they didnt see the GC best?

I disagree with you on the steam knocked out of the players, they played hard the entire game.

Maybe the staff got the steam knocked out,or maybe they are saving for a second meeting,or

maybe the bagpipes put them in a trance,I dont know.

Puzzled and confused!

Hey Vandy,

I don't think it was part of the GC "gameplan" to turn the ball over four times. The mustangs had something to do with that.

I think you just need to recognize how good the David Lipscomb coaching staff is. You have been spoiled by a consistent 13 win season and state final appearances. Yet you get on here and criticize your staff when they don't win the gold football! It's a pretty good problem to have...chocking in the championship game. Lots of teams would be happy to get there. Fact is that the region has not provided enough competition to make Lipscomb work to get better. The may be better off in Region 4 playing Pearl Cohn and White House.

My point is David Lipscomb dominates year and year out with that "boring, ancient wing't offense". Don't take what you got for granted.