Mo East vs Volunteer

flyinfalcon

Who is letting them be that way? Who runs the team? It is a coaches job to regulate that and it is not happening.

The guys who work hard evry day and are not selfish ride the pine. The showboats get the glory. Things sure have changed at East and it breaks my heart to see it.

I realize the buck stops with the coaches in particular the head coach, but unless they ate some stupid pills over the summer this is the same group of coaches that you and most parents...fans were prasing one year ago. I have seen the same thing happen far too many times down through the years. Just recently coach Smith comes in inherits a ton of talent goes 8-3 and everybody is singing his praises. Most of that talent graduates they return to a sub .500 team and he has suddenly lost his ability to coach. Kinda like Randy Sanders took the brunt of the blame while at Tennessee, but look what he has done at Kentucky. Having a Woodson at QB with athletes around him can make you look pretty good as a coach.

I don't pretend to know what the problem is, but assume it is a combination of things. If you don't support the coaches then you are not supporting the TEAM, which is what they need at this time or you could see things go from bad to worse.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize the buck stops with the coaches in particular the head coach, but unless they ate some stupid pills over the summer this is the same group of coaches that you and most parents...fans were prasing one year ago. I have seen the same thing happen far too many times down through the years. Just recently coach Smith comes in inherits a ton of talent goes 8-3 and everybody is singing his praises. Most of that talent graduates they return to a sub .500 team and he has suddenly lost his ability to coach. Kinda like Randy Sanders took the brunt of the blame while at Tennessee, but look what he has done at Kentucky. Having a Woodson at QB with athletes around him can make you look pretty good as a coach.

I don't pretend to know what the problem is, but assume it is a combination of things. If you don't support the coaches then you are not supporting the TEAM, which is what they need at this time or you could see things go from bad to worse.

You are right on with your comment about supporting the Coach and Team. Right or wrong, somebody has to have the task of making the calls, whether it is play calling or personnel decisions. Anybody can come up with a great gameplan after the fact ( Saturday Morning coaches ). I am as blue blooded of a Volunteer fan as there is out there. Do I agree with every play call? Absolutely Not. Do I support the coach and coaches who make those decisions? Absolutely 100%.

East has had a lot of injury and off the field issues that have really hurt the team this year. If you look back I was predicting you guys to contend for the #1 spot in Five Rivers before the season. Your not there but even with all the obstacles you faced so far your still in the thick of the playoff picture. Get behind your coaches and team. I was amazed at how empty your stands were last night, never seen that before at a Morristown game.

Congratulations to my Falcons on a great game.

East, I was impressed with your offensive line play. Also your #10 QB is as elusive as they come.

Good luck down the stretch and GO FALCONS!!!

Watching east play this year is just like watching that B.S bobby davis is doing at Meadowview the BIGGEST waste of talent this side of phil fulmer..east play calling make no sense 10 is ur QB stick with him evertime u bring 15 in its a pass hello.....im behide the east staff hope they get it going would hate for the kids at Meadowview to have to go through 3 yrs with BD (1 year freshman team undefeated) then 3 yrs of Meadowview like coaching OMG that would awful.......east high boys if u read ths board (u shouldn't) we are all behide u and proud of u the boo in the stands is not for YOU nobody should be booing at this level anyway. Be a team boys stick together u need to help each other

Great Job Falcons on picking up a key win in the playoff picture.

Now just keep up the hard work in practice this week, and take it to Mo-West on Senior Night.

Forget that other Hawkins County Team for this week and you can start getting ready for them as soon as the 4th quarter ends this Friday.

Good job east, despite all of your injuries and discipline problems, you all are still right in the mix of the playoff picture.

Awesome job to Cradic and the receivers, mainly #3 and #2. Great job guys you really kept the East defense in check. Also great job to the line for opening up some holes for Barlow to run through.

I noticed after the game, quite a bit of bad sportsmanship. Mainly out of two of the East players refusing to shake hands with Volunteer. They just went through the line, but would not shake anyones hand. Act like grown men and not 5 yr olds. Other than that the game was pretty calm as far as unsportsmanlike conduct calls, which was a pleasant surprise from last weeks game vs. Crockett.

Go Falcons.. Sweep Mo-Town!

GREAT JOB LAST NIGHT FALCONS!!!!!!!!

I don't know what made him come around but Antonio Waterson has become a new player in the last 2 games, his improvement is unbelievable...

Cradic came into this game with a great mind setting, he was calm,collective,and got the job done.

Aaron Bennet played a great game also our passing was exceptional,I just wish Ray could be out there its horrible having to sit the sidelines your senior year but at least hes 4 for 4 100% for the season!!!!!

East just didn't seem like they came to play last night they had no heart in it what so ever.

GOOD LUCK THIS FRIDAY FALCONS!!!!!!!

GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

GREAT JOB LAST NIGHT FALCONS!!!!!!!!

I don't know what made him come around but Antonio Waterson has become a new player in the last 2 games, his improvement is unbelievable...

Cradic came into this game with a great mind setting, he was calm,collective,and got the job done.

Aaron Bennet played a great game also our passing was exceptional, I just wish Ray could be out there its horrible having to sit the sidelines your senior yearbut at least hes 4 for 4 100% for the season!!!!!

East just didn't seem like they came to play last night they had no heart in it what so ever.

GOOD LUCK THIS FRIDAY FALCONS!!!!!!!

GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Ray Ray has been practicing for 2 weeks and he is goin to the doctor monday,and our trainer says he will proly get the go ahead to play on his senior night and against the cross county rival cherokee and fiish ff in the playoffs...i know one thing the wide outs have been really good this year and if they get ray back....they will be unstopable

keep it up falcons

How was the player engaged 25 yards from the line...lol...then blocked almost to the fence...watch the film...looks like your doing the crying....How do you like your Crow served up? Nice fan support for a million dollar field. Maybe they ought to be playing girls little league softball on it.

He was being blocked down field and turned. Learn some football and as far as our crowd and our field, you have NO room to talk trash, you are volunteer.

He came in and began to clean up a program that overlooked everything and was doing a good job of being an example of integrity and then just quit. There are things going on that would have gotten guys booted last year that are tolerated. My issue is that this team has young talent and I am not upset with the losses. I am upset with the assesment of the talent and the utilization of it, The lack of fundamentals that are taught and the overall discipline of the team. I saw a east player give the throat slash while trailing 13-7. There is no room for that crap in HS ball and even if it had been seen, it would not have been dealt with. I think the issue that fans are having is not the fact we may lose but how we are doing it and what is going on behind the scenes that the average fan may not know.

The volunteer tyhat beat you by the way....

I understand that. My point was that VHS has as much a winning tradition as east and had not beaten east since 02' so don't talk trash. East and VHS fans talking trash to each other is pointless so lay off. How will it be next year for VHS when you lose everybody? You guys have been banking on this class of seniors for so long and we all know what is behind them.

I understand that. My point was that VHS has as much a winning tradition as east and had not beaten east since 02' so don't talk trash. East and VHS fans talking trash to each other is pointless so lay off. How will it be next year for VHS when you lose everybody? You guys have been banking on this class of seniors for so long and we all know what is behind them.

Well first i wasn't talking trash and it doesnt really matter to me because its my senior year and i am in the marines so i won't be around here anymore.