District 3-A and 4-A

Cookevegas3

What is everyone's take on Region 2 A and how it will play out?

District 3A

1. Grace Christian - Clear #1 who returns all starters from last year's team that made it to the region semi-final. Hopefully they will play a more competitive schedule than last year.

2. Rockwood - They did lose a few players, but Coach K always has his team ready.

3. Harriman - Lose 4 starters, but will reload with talented young players.

4. Greenback - Should return most of last year's team and have another year under the Coach Mac system.

5. Knox Christian - Not sure about returning players, but they could be higher.

6. Berean CHristian - A new team to the district who returns all but one from a team that beat OS and Loudon last year.

7. Midway- Probably won't have the horses to keep up with most teams this year.

8. TSD - Don't know much about them so they could better than the bottom team.

To me, #1 is solid with teams 2-6 being more flexable as 2 and 3 could challenge with 4-6 being sleepers.

District 4A

1. Oliver Springs - Loses a few from a year ago but does return their leading scorer and a couple others ready to make a name for themselves.

2. Sunbright - Didn't lose much and should have a team ready to compete for the top spot.

3. Oneida - Did lose 4 seniors, but return a handful of players who saw plenty of action last year.

4. Wartburg - Hurt most with graduation, losing about 7 seniors. Returns 1 starter and little experience.

5. Oakdale - Return most of last years team, but need to find better post game and consistant perimeter game to climb.

6. Coalfield - Like Wartburg, lost almost all of experience due to graduation. Will rebuild with young team and new coach.

I give the slight edge at 1 to OS, with Sunbright and Oneida to challenge. 4 and 5 are sleepers this year.

OVERALL IN THE REGION

1. Grace

2. OS

Others to compete: Oneida, Sunbright, Rockwood, Harriman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berean Academy is very tough to beat....

What is everyone's take on Region 2 A and how it will play out?

District 3A

1. Grace Christian - Clear #1 who returns all starters from last year's team that made it to the region semi-final. Hopefully they will play a more competitive schedule than last year.

2. Rockwood - They did lose a few players, but Coach K always has his team ready.

3. Harriman - Lose 4 starters, but will reload with talented young players.

4. Greenback - Should return most of last year's team and have another year under the Coach Mac system.

5. Knox Christian - Not sure about returning players, but they could be higher.

6. Berean CHristian - A new team to the district who returns all but one from a team that beat OS and Loudon last year.

7. Midway- Probably won't have the horses to keep up with most teams this year.

8. TSD - Don't know much about them so they could better than the bottom team.

To me, #1 is solid with teams 2-6 being more flexable as 2 and 3 could challenge with 4-6 being sleepers.

District 4A

1. Oliver Springs - Loses a few from a year ago but does return their leading scorer and a couple others ready to make a name for themselves.

2. Sunbright - Didn't lose much and should have a team ready to compete for the top spot.

3. Oneida - Did lose 4 seniors, but return a handful of players who saw plenty of action last year.

4. Wartburg - Hurt most with graduation, losing about 7 seniors. Returns 1 starter and little experience.

5. Oakdale - Return most of last years team, but need to find better post game and consistant perimeter game to climb.

6. Coalfield - Like Wartburg, lost almost all of experience due to graduation. Will rebuild with young team and new coach.

I give the slight edge at 1 to OS, with Sunbright and Oneida to challenge. 4 and 5 are sleepers this year.

OVERALL IN THE REGION

1. Grace

2. OS

Others to compete: Oneida, Sunbright, Rockwood, Harriman

District 3A

1. Rockwood- Has good size this year and solid guard play led by the best coach in the region.

2. Grace- The lethal 1-2 punch returns with Pridemore and Slusher along with excellent role players.

3. Berean- Not seen them, but from what I've heard they are a force to be reckoned with.

4. Knox Christian- Always sort of a mystery who might play but has great athleticism.

5. Harriman- Completely new team but McGill will lead them.

6. Greenback- Returns most significant contributors from a season ago.

7. Midway- Like Vegas said, just not enough firepower.

8. TSD- Not sure what they have.

District 4A

1. OS- Shultz may be the best player in the region.

2. Wartburg- Lost a lot but with the style they play, they will win plenty of games.

3. Oneida- Always solid.

4. Oakdale- Will surprise a lot of people.

5. Sunbright- Good young nucleus.

6. Coalfield- Lost everyone.

I think Rockwood, OS, and Grace are clearly the frontrunners and maybe a step up from the rest. There are plenty of quality teams with quality coaching in this region so look for some surprise teams.

Grace played oliver springs and Shultz this summer at fulton camp and it was 30 piont game not even close. Shultz is a nice player but not best in region by a long stretch. Grace beat rockwood Twice last year by 15 and they have everyone back plus added some nice players that will push for time, Rockwood will be good and has a very good coach but not good enough to beat Grace.

I guess I should have seen this coming, I guess i should expect people to say things without any knowledge about the situation. I just believe you should know what you are talking about before you speak. These are both players that were at Grace last year but decided not to play basketball to concentrate on football and have decided to play this year. They both are very good players and will help alot. I dont mind having this conversation but lets at least talk about the facts not just off the cuff comments. Just a thought

Grace played oliver springs and Shultz this summer at fulton camp and it was 30 piont game not even close. Shultz is a nice player but not best in region by a long stretch. Grace beat rockwood Twice last year by 15 and they have everyone back plus added some nice players that will push for time, Rockwood will be good and has a very good coach but not good enough to beat Grace.

This is to be expected.. I guess we can give you a pass since Grace is a relatively new program. You will soon learn that summer games and camps mean absolutely nothing towards the outcomes of regular season games.

This is to be expected.. I guess we can give you a pass since Grace is a relatively new program. You will soon learn that summer games and camps mean absolutely nothing towards the outcomes of regular season games.

No please dont give me a pass I would love to debate anytime about our knowledge of the game. I do know that summer is summer but it does give you a gauge. Let me tell you it was night and day. But we will see when it all plays out on the court and then i guess we wont be able to use it really doesnt mean anything card. I have coached varsity highscool teams in the summer and then also in the season for over 20 years so i really dont need a pass.

Speaking of the summer game, just to throw more info into the mix. OS played back to back with Grace being the second game. I think Grace had atleast an hour off if not their 1st game of the day. It wasn't completely an even situation like it would be now. If I had to make a prediction now, I think Grace is the team to beat in the region. But OS probably has the best chance to be the team to beat them.

I agree with bballplaya, the summer and regular season are completely different. You play up to 3 games a day and your last game may be against someone who is playing their first. Key players/Roles players or players that make you deeper may be on vacation or at football camp, soccar camp, etc. Some coaches play to get players better and the score is an after thought while some coaches play only the ones that help determine a win.

Speaking of the summer game, just to throw more info into the mix. OS played back to back with Grace being the second game. I think Grace had atleast an hour off if not their 1st game of the day. It wasn't completely an even situation like it would be now. If I had to make a prediction now, I think Grace is the team to beat in the region. But OS probably has the best chance to be the team to beat them.

I agree with bballplaya, the summer and regular season are completely different. You play up to 3 games a day and your last game may be against someone who is playing their first. Key players/Roles players or players that make you deeper may be on vacation or at football camp, soccar camp, etc. Some coaches play to get players better and the score is an after thought while some coaches play only the ones that help determine a win.

Yes I agree it is played diff than season. Grace played alot more players and were missing two key players. But lets not just discount it. Like I said I believe it will show during the season.