7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

Things do change quickly. Coach Haley has made some changes to his starting rotation and playing some young talent we didn't see earlier in the year. Hopefully WC will keep improving and make some noise come district and region. Next year WC has to be the favorite in 7AAA.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Siegel is now 1st in the district. Siegel beat Riverdale and Cookeville, which leaves Cookeville and Riverdale tied for 2nd since they both beat each other once.

Maybe this poster did not technically put them in the right order but the fact remains, for the fans in the other two schools, Siegel has lost two games at this point to Blackman and White. This poster is not sure all agree but this District battle is not only one of the strangest but the parity of most of the teams at this point is rather amazing and makes you wonder what will happen next. Six teams are still in it and all teams have an impact on the standings. 7AAA is very competitive right now.

PHargis, I've grown to respect your opinions and hold them with the highest regard so please tell me who you believe our district MVP will be this year?

There are 8 teams with an average of 12 players per team with 2 parents per player throw in the grandparents and aunts and uncles and that is a lot. There are 8 schools with average of 1000 students per school. And above that this poster is really not in to that situation.

For those who vote if there is such a recognition, there is a whole half of a District play plus the great 7AAA District tournament and then a fine Regional Tournament. The best this poster can tell, that is at the least a minimum of 8500 fans who can have an opinion but its looks the this poster, when the time comes it will be evident and no matter what all of the posters think, it will mean very little. The team success is MUCH more important than any individual. The team does get their banner for success put up in their gym. That is there for a long time. Riverdale, Cookeville, Warren, White, Siegel, Blackman, Oakland and Lebanon have great schools and great teams and fans. Very seriously, if you get an answer from anyone except this poster, it would be a surprise. Why would anyone want to start a riot with a minimum of 8500 fans? Maybe the Mexican in Cookeville would like to take that on.

The standings after 8 games are correct with one exception and that is that Lebanon is 5-3 not 4-4. They lost to the 3 teams tied for 1st and beat everyone else in the first half of the district schedule and opened the second go round by defeating Oakland for the 2nd time this season. As for the question of who is the MVP of the district, of the players that I have seen in person Faulkner for Siegel has been the most impressive, but I haven't seen Cookeville play yet. After I see Cookeville I might have a different opinion, but as of now I would vote for Faulkner if I had a vote to cast for MVP.

The standings after 8 games are correct with one exception and that is that Lebanon is 5-3 not 4-4. They lost to the 3 teams tied for 1st and beat everyone else in the first half of the district schedule and opened the second go round by defeating Oakland for the 2nd time this season. As for the question of who is the MVP of the district, of the players that I have seen in person Faulkner for Siegel has been the most impressive, but I haven't seen Cookeville play yet. After I see Cookeville I might have a different opinion, but as of now I would vote for Faulkner if I had a vote to cast for MVP.

Correction of Standings after 8 games on 1-21 by MadHat

Riverdale 6-2

Siegel 6-2

Cookeville 6-2

Lebanon 5-3

Blackman 4-4

White 3-5

Warren 2-6

Oakland 0-8

Although it is the Home team who is supposed to call in the game results, some teams are not doing it on a consistant basis or are not calling in to either Coacht site or Calling in to the Tennessean or both. Irregardless, these games are difficult to find scores on sometimes. Please excuse the mistake and if any other schools records might not be right, please post what you think is correct and it will be checked.

I would have to agree with you. Faulkner has been pretty impressive.

If this has been covered previously, please forgive me. What is the format of the 7-AAA district tournament this year? Satellite games? And if so, where is the central site for semifinals and finals?

The tournament will be at Lebanon this as the "central" site. The "satellite" games will be at the home schools of teams 1-4. Then teams 1-4 will begin semifinals and finals for the rest of the tournament. The same will follow for the region tournament which will be at Lincoln Co. this year except only the top two teams from district 7AAA and 8AAA will host, the bottom two will travel.

The tournament will be at Lebanon this as the "central" site. The "satellite" games will be at the home schools of teams 1-4. Then teams 1-4 will begin semifinals and finals for the rest of the tournament. The same will follow for the region tournament which will be at Lawrence Co. this year except only the top two teams from district 7AAA and 8AAA will host, the bottom two will travel.

Lawrence County? Wow that's a long drive from White County. Wish the region was still at MTSU which was a good central location for most 7AAA and 8AAA schools.

who is leading in the district right now in points?

Lawrence County? Wow that's a long drive from White County. Wish the region was still at MTSU which was a good central location for most 7AAA and 8AAA schools.

I meant Lincoln Co., but it's just the luck of the draw with the central sites. I dont like either. Hopefully we'll see a change in a year or two.