Reclassification in Region 1

nomore

Does anyone think that several region 1 teams may go from 4-A to 3-A.

Unico, Sullivan North Elizabethton Johnson County Greeneville {reg.2}

I have heard that South Greene and West Greene may have to go up to

3-A. This would make a 7 team conference if ti happened. Does anyone

think it could happen and would it be good or bad for the schools.

Does anyone think that several region 1 teams may go from 4-A to 3-A.

Unico, Sullivan North Elizabethton Johnson County Greeneville {reg.2}

I have heard that South Greene and West Greene may have to go up to

3-A. This would make a 7 team conference if ti happened. Does anyone

think it could happen and would it be good or bad for the schools.

It would take a coalition of Athletic directors and Schooll Directors getting together and working it out and coming to a concensus that it is a good move. Thats probably why it will not happen, to many people having to agree. The status quo is a easier option. Greenville would be tough in 3A year in and out...their not to bad in 4A for that matter.....

It would take a coalition of Athletic directors and Schooll Directors getting together and working it out and coming to a concensus that it is a good move. Thats probably why it will not happen, to many people having to agree. The status quo is a easier option. Greenville would be tough in 3A year in and out...their not to bad in 4A for that matter.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Greenville's numbers would allow a drop to 3A.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Greenville's numbers would allow a drop to 3A.

I think Comp is right. Back to the original question, the big losers in such a reclassification / redistricting scheme would be, IMO, the 4A county schools - Boone, Crockett, Volunteer, South, Central, East, etc. Boone and Crockett might even have to go to 5A. South, Central, East, etc could wind up in a 4 A Conference with THS, M-W, M-E, and G-ville. Much tougher situation for both sets of schools.