Which 5A Region is the best

kickofffootball1

have you seen farraguts offenses nobody can stop andre sterling

I guess you meant to say nobody in region 2 5a can stop him. If he played in region 4 5a he would be stopped. He would not get 100 yds on Riverdale's defense.

good call on the defense region 4-5A i am sorry that teams in region 2-5A have great offenses unlike region 4-5A plus who cares about the past anymore. Congrats that Riverdale beat a Wilson Central team. what about Farragut winning agianst ottawah in region 2-5A or WB or McMinn, but that doesnt make you the best in the state and why is everyone talking about December we aint even got to November yet thats when it matters most. Its go big or go home.

We have great offenses, just greater defenses.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you 4-5A teams are hands down the toughest region in this state.Out of the last 10 yrs the 4-5A region has been putting on the ring.It dosent matter how many teams a region has ranked in the state.What matter is who is getting sized up for that ring ! Riverdale -Smyrna-Wilson Central-Lebanon-Lavernge-Blackman and Siegle ! Who wonts to match up best to best ? Come on now, lets get real !!!!

wooooo....before u start giving credit to the whole region 4. lets remember that RIVERDALE is the only one to be putting on the rings. and they've done 3 times in the last 10 years. smyrna was a fluke. the warriors shoulda beat them again like they did 49-0 in the first meeting. but my point is when has wilson central, lebanon, blackman, lavergne or siegel ever done anything? the 3rd and 4th spots in this region is usually two .500 teams. thats why region 4-5a is the RIVERDALE region. we'll see the warriors against some 2-5a team in the semis

I guess you meant to say nobody in region 2 5a can stop him. If he played in region 4 5a he would be stopped. He would not get 100 yds on Riverdale's defense.We have great offenses, just greater defenses.

I personally guarantee he would have 100 yards if not 200 on Riverdales D. WB has one of the best run d's in the state and he had 289 so he would easily get 100 on Riverdale

4-5A beats up on each other also! Besides 2-5A in recent years has no state titles! If you do get one this year than you would be the best region this year! We will see in December!

i agree completely

4-5A beat each other up year in and year out and are the ones usually still playing in december if 2-5A is playign in december and is carrying the gold ball then i will definitely say they are the best this year until then its 4-5A

GO WARRIORS!

i agree completely

4-5A beat each other up year in and year out and are the ones usually still playing in december if 2-5A is playign in december and is carrying the gold ball then i will definitely say they are the best this year until then its 4-5A

GO WARRIORS!

So.....if an 8-5A team sneaks in and wins the gold ball this year, are you conceding that 8-5A is the best region? It's pretty much a never ending debate trying to decide who's the best region. There just isn't enough inter-regional play. But deciding who's the best team for a specific season is easy, because that gets decided on the field. There's some obvious powerhouse teams out there, such as Riverdale. But I'd say it would be wise to keep an eye out west this year. I really do think we have a few teams that could hold onto that gold ball for awhile.

So.....if an 8-5A team sneaks in and wins the gold ball this year, are you conceding that 8-5A is the best region? It's pretty much a never ending debate trying to decide who's the best region. There just isn't enough inter-regional play. But deciding who's the best team for a specific season is easy, because that gets decided on the field. There's some obvious powerhouse teams out there, such as Riverdale. But I'd say it would be wise to keep an eye out west this year. I really do think we have a few teams that could hold onto that gold ball for awhile.

Middle tennessee will continue to hold on to the ball this year theres just to many power houses

no thats not my point what im saying is 2-5A and 4-5A are two of the better 5A regions 4-5A is usually playing in december im not counting anyone out because anything could happen during the year im not basing this off of who ever is holding the gold ball it was just my basis for this season i just dont see anyone else out of the other 5A regions doing anything this year but who knows we will find out in december...

thank you knightman by the way you hold a good point

GO WARRIORS!

No defense? You need to watch William Blount play.

You'll see their defense come this December.

Good Luck to Riverdale!

2-5a you give up alot of points to say that you are the best so far this year you have giving up 1316 points great defence compared to 4-5a which has only giving up 1004 points so far this year

keep up thegood work warriors

Middle tennessee will continue to hold on to the ball this year theres just to many power houses

I don't think the number of "power houses" you have qualify as a determining who will win the gold ball. I think....correct me if I'm wrong.....that there's one team that wins the last game, and they get the gold ball? That being the case, you could potentially have a team from a supposedly weaker region (per the majorities opinions) actually be the strongest team in the state this year.

To give you an example of what I'm saying, I believe we can all pretty much agree that the SEC is an extremely competitive NCAA conference year in, year out. Yet the SEC doesn't seem to have the best team in the country every year, even though it could be argued that the SEC is one of, if not THE toughest conference in the country.

Now, I'm not saying White Station, Whitehaven, Millington...etc is going to come into Murfresboro and win the gold ball this year. I do think one of these 3 teams will be there, and I suspect they will show up, and surprise some people that either over-estimate the central or east representative, or under-estimate the west rep. Obviously, this is my opinion, and it carries no more weight than anyone else's. But if these games were such a lock, it would make little sense to play them.

2-5a you give up alot of points to say that you are the best so far this year you have giving up 1316 points great defence compared to 4-5a which has only giving up 1004 points so far this year

keep up thegood work warriors

I wonder if 1316 points compared to 1004 points is representing great defenses, or possibly the 1316 means they have superior offenses......hummmm

Or maybe even special teams are contributing to that stat.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

no thats not my point what im saying is 2-5A and 4-5A are two of the better 5A regions 4-5A is usually playing in december im not counting anyone out because anything could happen during the year im not basing this off of who ever is holding the gold ball it was just my basis for this season i just dont see anyone else out of the other 5A regions doing anything this year but who knows we will find out in december...

thank you knightman by the way you hold a good point

GO WARRIORS!

Have you seen any of the west teams (White Station, Whitehaven, Millington for example) play? Just curious. I haven't witnessed any teams outside of the Memphis area play, other than some clips on TV. I base alot of my opinions on the central and east teams on what I read, and what their reputations are. So I am aware of the quality of teams in your respective areas, just not sure how good anyone is this year. And I imagine I'd be echoing your thoughts on 2-5A and 4-5A if I lived further east. But since I am in Memphis, this is what I have to base my opinion on. I really don't mind if the focus is placed on 2-5A and 4-5A. It's actually pretty logical, considering where the majority of the posters are from.