Campbell County @ Dobyns Bennett

To the visiting Campbell County Cougars and tax payers in Kingsport. The new fieldhouse/maintenance building (housing the grounds keepers garage, baseball locker rooms and lounge, visitors concession stand, and visitors restrooms) is now finished. The old concession stand has been demolished. Enjoy the new facility visiting fans. A complete renovation is soon on its way at J. Fred.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the field is being replaced with turf. What else is in the works? Any other fields being replaced ?

One thing we need more then any other,is a cross over behind the school.Where the girl got hit by a car last year going to the soccer fields .We have hundreds of kids using that area in sports and band.Will it take someone importants kid geting hurt or worse?

Alright ladies and gentleman, its game week. Let's hear some chatter from both sides.

What is going on in practice this week for both teams?

Any injuries to speak of?

What can Campbell County do to slow down DB?

What can DB do to slow down Campbell County?

Campbell County, will you bring a good fan base to the game in Kingsport?

What are they senior night festivities for the Indians?

Etc, etc...

Just a note from another Region 1 fan, D-B should win this one by 30 or more. CC won't have their personal striped shirts with them to make calls at the most opportune time, and their trash talk and attempts at intimadition won't work in D-B.

So the referee's are a big factor when teams play in Jacksboro? I remember hearing Jefferson County fans mentioning the referee's. Do you think they played a role in the win against Science Hill?

I know that the field is being replaced with turf. What else is in the works? Any other fields being replaced ?

The turf is not 100% yet. It has lost some of its stem. I dont think the school board has approved. An approval will have to be made soon in order to get in line for the job to be completed by next year.

This game is the biggest for CC in a while,and DB must win to secure a chance for home field in the playoffs.Two great moves I seen the coaches at DB do last night.First on offense,{pass,pass,pass}.We didn't have to pass last night but did it for our future games.The QB looked great out there.We had some drop balls that would have helped.On defense,we were getting beat again in the box.We went to a four man and then made the smartest move of the year.We put 33 on one side and 18 on the other.That's a move that could save a playoff game drive.#18 is a senior that hits hard and shouldn't be on the sidelines in a war with the region 2 teams.By the way!!!! I heard a Region 2 radio cast say that they would be {Shocked if they didn't win all four games to start the playoffs against region 1} I couldn't believe they said that on the air.CC,have a safe trip up to Kingsport next week.I hope we have a new apple desert and hamburgers off the grill like Karns did last night.

#18 is the biggest LB DB has. Several times this year he came out on short yards.??? He should be in every defensive play since he is not playing on offense any this year. DB will have to beef up the LB's come playoff time. The get lucky blitzing #47 will not cut it. DB has a couple of solid defensive lineman (77, 61) watching from the sideline that can make a good 4 man front. I said they should have worked on the pass the prior game although several dissagreed. It was interesting to listen to TT on the radio talk about a good chance of getting a lot of the 100 players in the game. By midway in the 4th and first teamers still in he gave up that line.

WATCHDOG, I agree with you. Come playoff time, we will have to find a way to take a stud running back's role out of the game. With the potential of facing Farragut, William Blount, Oak Ridge, or Ooltewah again, stopping or slowing down the run will be imperative. Fleming (#66, JR) and Bateman (#65, JR) at the ends are solid, Kilgore (#18, SR) and Taylor (#33, SR) at the linebackers are solid, although I wish they would throw Templeton (#9, JR) or Lawson (#45, JR) in at the other outside linebackers spot over Michael (#47, SO) with no ill will towards him. Preston (#78, SR) is solid at the nose, but your right when you say Collins (#77, JR) should be thrown in the mix more. I recall in past games when Collins was sent in to give Preston a breather he did not seem to perform well, however he was only in for one play at a time during sustained drives against good teams. It would be hard for anyone to perform well without playing time. I recall the days of Cedric Hodge and Thomas Anderson clogging up the middle at the defensive tackles position. I would think the following set up would be sound against the run:

Fleming (DE), Collins/Preston (DT), Preston/Collins (DT), Bateman (DE)

Taylor (OLB), Kilgore (ILB), Templeton/Lawson (OLB)

Who knows, it could already be in the works or maybe there is something we don't know that the coaches know and see in practice.