Campbell County @ Dobyns Bennett

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not believe the way people cry about officiating. In case you dont know there is no such thing as home field refs. There are several groups that are certified by the TSSAA & Anderson, Campbell, Morgan, & some of Knox Counties use an association that is based out of Oak Ridge. Every association assigns the officials & they will not assign someone that lives near or attended one of the schools. Believe it or not the officials are not out to get anyone they just make some bad calls once in a while. They are only human. Besides if CCHS had officials that always cheat for them, wouldnt they usually be winning the region instead of finishing near the bottom of the cellar every year.

WATCHDOG, I agree with you. Come playoff time, we will have to find a way to take a stud running back's role out of the game. With the potential of facing Farragut, William Blount, Oak Ridge, or Ooltewah again, stopping or slowing down the run will be imperative. Fleming (#66, JR) and Bateman (#65, JR) at the ends are solid, Kilgore (#18, SR) and Taylor (#33, SR) at the linebackers are solid, although I wish they would throw Templeton (#9, JR) or Lawson (#45, JR) in at the other outside linebackers spot over Michael (#47, SO) with no ill will towards him. Preston (#78, SR) is solid at the nose, but your right when you say Collins (#77, JR) should be thrown in the mix more. I recall in past games when Collins was sent in to give Preston a breather he did not seem to perform well, however he was only in for one play at a time during sustained drives against good teams. It would be hard for anyone to perform well without playing time. I recall the days of Cedric Hodge and Thomas Anderson clogging up the middle at the defensive tackles position. I would think the following set up would be sound against the run:

Fleming (DE), Collins/Preston (DT), Preston/Collins (DT), Bateman (DE)

Taylor (OLB), Kilgore (ILB), Templeton/Lawson (OLB)

Who knows, it could already be in the works or maybe there is something we don't know that the coaches know and see in practice.

I would keep 61 in the front 4 mix for a breather. I also like #22 as a def. back vs some of the earlier games. He too adds size and doesnt do that hand/jersey tackling that several of the def backs do.

I can not believe the way people cry about officiating. In case you dont know there is no such thing as home field refs. There are several groups that are certified by the TSSAA & Anderson, Campbell, Morgan, & some of Knox Counties use an association that is based out of Oak Ridge. Every association assigns the officials & they will not assign someone that lives near or attended one of the schools. Believe it or not the officials are not out to get anyone they just make some bad calls once in a while. They are only human. Besides if CCHS had officials that always cheat for them, wouldnt they usually be winning the region instead of finishing near the bottom of the cellar every year.

Understood, but I only asked if officiating was a factor. The question was answered, didnt hear any crying. topvol98 was to the point and also gave another opinion, that Science Hill was outplayed. Those who follow high school football know the officiating situation, no need to demean. Point made however.

I would keep 61 in the front 4 mix for a breather. I also like #22 as a def. back vs some of the earlier games. He too adds size and doesnt do that hand/jersey tackling that several of the def backs do.

I'll have to pay attention this week for Carter (#61, JR). The roster on DB's football page has him listed at 6'0'', 196 lbs, Center/Linebacker. I agree, I like the way Morrison (#22, SR) plays. He isn't the fastest or most physical corner out there, but he is a gamer.

CC probably won't bring to many people...hope I am wrong though...mostly parents and a few devoted fans....The defense really stepped up big for the Cougars against SH...the toppers never got a run established...and we tackled really well.....we are gonna have to do that a whole lot better though to stand a chance.....What I like most about this CC team is leadership....Phillip and Steven Wells and also Troy Arnold have become great leaders for this football team......Tyler Albright (#1) is probably our main playmaker.....we have to have him have a big game to be competeive!

To the visiting Campbell County Cougars and tax payers in Kingsport. The new fieldhouse/maintenance building (housing the grounds keepers garage, baseball locker rooms and lounge, visitors concession stand, and visitors restrooms) is now finished. The old concession stand has been demolished. Enjoy the new facility visiting fans. A complete renovation is soon on its way at J. Fred.

I'm not sure what you mean by a complete renovation. But I would love to see the home side bleachers expanded to add more reserved seating. What few tickets are available at gametime are right against both ends of the stadium and are very poor seats. As Kingsport's population grows thru annexation, etc. it will only get worse. It was so bad at the Bearden game, that it was wall to wall people standing at the scoreboard endzone trying to sneak a peek. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Maybe more folks need to be sending e-mails to the School board and the city leaders.

CC probably won't bring to many people...hope I am wrong though...mostly parents and a few devoted fans....The defense really stepped up big for the Cougars against SH...the toppers never got a run established...and we tackled really well.....we are gonna have to do that a whole lot better though to stand a chance.....What I like most about this CC team is leadership....Phillip and Steven Wells and also Troy Arnold have become great leaders for this football team......Tyler Albright (#1) is probably our main playmaker.....we have to have him have a big game to be competeive!

You should contact the school board there to see if you can't get a bus or two to take fans to the game for a small fee like $5 or $10. DB does this with their maroon and gray spirit bus. If Kingsport wasn't two hours away from Jacksboro we might have some Campbell County fans make the trip. I for one will be having a Campbell County alum in the home stands with me Friday night. Roll Tribe.

I'm not sure what you mean by a complete renovation. But I would love to see the home side bleachers expanded to add more reserved seating. What few tickets are available at gametime are right against both ends of the stadium and are very poor seats. As Kingsport's population grows thru annexation, etc. it will only get worse. It was so bad at the Bearden game, that it was wall to wall people standing at the scoreboard endzone trying to sneak a peek. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Maybe more folks need to be sending e-mails to the School board and the city leaders.

Maybe they can borrow some of the empty seats at Neyland if the Vols lose to Spurrier? The plan is to construct new band seating where the old concession stand was. Angle it toward the field and home stands to allow sound to be better heard. Move student section to old band stands to open up more seating. Not a lot of new seating but some. They cant build for one large game every 2 years. Besides, adding on the homeside would only put you past the end zones.

The plan is to construct new band seating where the old concession stand was, angle it toward the field and home stands to allow sound to be better heard.

Move student section to old band stands to open up more seating.

Not a lot of new seating but some. Besides, adding on the homeside would only put you past the end zones.

That is progress, your right. I wonder how feasible, or if structurably possible, it would be to add seating beyond the last row, moving the Press Box back and updating it as well. By that I don't mean an upper deck, but just a continuation of the seating already in place by say maybe 10 or 15 rows across the existing stands with general admission seats in the corners. What say ye?

Who's crying they were just bad, give CC their credit. That personal foul call against them in the fourth quarter was horrendous. Why did the game have to stop for over 10 minutes to call offsides after the Topper interception. They were just bad.