District 10A

irishfan1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy the ride. Next year you have nothing. Not even a coach. You don't think Anderson gonna stay with his grandson graduating. Oh wait a minute you might have some ball players transferring in. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Too bad its still this year. No one else in the district is really goin to be strong next year either. Albright will by far be the best player in the district and will be able to dominate most teams. NCS will still compete in this district next year. No we dont have anyone transferring in but the freshmen won some state tournament last year as 8th graders so I wouldnt over look them next year.

So..... Who's at the top of the MVP polls this week?

Mind you, a MVP is the one person a team can not win without, and after seeing the WHH-NCS game, I would no longer say that Albright is the District MVP, seeing as how they could not win WITH him. He is an amazing basketball player, but he did not help his team win that game. Too many bad shots were taken in the second half. Granted, some of them did fall. He and his team just seemed to give up in the second half.

Nashville Christian's Caden Anderson seemed to help pull the Eagles out in front of that game, not only with scoring, but with assists as well as tight defense. He is the MVP so far. He takes good shots, can drive the ball, and gives other teammates the opportunity to score. No other person I have seen in 10A demonstrates such unselfishness and can still put up around 20 PPG. He does not force shots, does not get pressured, and lets the game come to him.

A scorer, passer, and defender that a team can not win without.

That's an MVP.

Caden Anderson.

I would like to see Nashville Christian play teams in 2a and 3a, like Bolivar Central and Raleigh Egypt, to see how they match up. I don't think I have ever seen a team as good as NCS at shooting the three pointer, and under pressure as well. A team that averages nearly 10 or more 3 pointers in a game could beat anyone around when they are hot at shooting, which seems to be every game for this team. It would not surprise me one bit if Nashville Christian ends up in the State Title this year (and playing against Union City too, it should be a great game if both teams make it.)

So..... Who's at the top of the MVP polls this week?Mind you, a MVP is the one person a team can not win without, and after seeing the WHH-NCS game, I would no longer say that Albright is the District MVP, seeing as how they could not win WITH him. He is an amazing basketball player, but he did not help his team win that game. Too many bad shots were taken in the second half. Granted, some of them did fall. He and his team just seemed to give up in the second half.Nashville Christian's Caden Anderson seemed to help pull the Eagles out in front of that game, not only with scoring, but with assists as well as tight defense. He is the MVP so far. He takes good shots, can drive the ball, and gives other teammates the opportunity to score. No other person I have seen in 10A demonstrates such unselfishness and can still put up around 20 PPG. He does not force shots, does not get pressured, and lets the game come to him.A scorer, passer, and defender that a team can not win without.That's an MVP.Caden Anderson.

He has a good point. Im not taking anything away from Albright, hes a great player, I just agree with what he said.

I would like to see Nashville Christian play teams in 2a and 3a, like Bolivar Central and Raleigh Egypt, to see how they match up. I don't think I have ever seen a team as good as NCS at shooting the three pointer, and under pressure as well. A team that averages nearly 10 or more 3 pointers in a game could beat anyone around when they are hot at shooting, which seems to be every game for this team. It would not surprise me one bit if Nashville Christian ends up in the State Title this year (and playing against Union City too, it should be a great game if both teams make it.)

Also, as for Nashville Christian and Union City in the state title, i agree it would be a great game.

So..... Who's at the top of the MVP polls this week?

Mind you, a MVP is the one person a team can not win without, and after seeing the WHH-NCS game, I would no longer say that Albright is the District MVP, seeing as how they could not win WITH him. He is an amazing basketball player, but he did not help his team win that game. Too many bad shots were taken in the second half. Granted, some of them did fall. He and his team just seemed to give up in the second half.

Nashville Christian's Caden Anderson seemed to help pull the Eagles out in front of that game, not only with scoring, but with assists as well as tight defense. He is the MVP so far. He takes good shots, can drive the ball, and gives other teammates the opportunity to score. No other person I have seen in 10A demonstrates such unselfishness and can still put up around 20 PPG. He does not force shots, does not get pressured, and lets the game come to him.

A scorer, passer, and defender that a team can not win without.

That's an MVP.

Caden Anderson.

Im not sayin Anderson isnt a good player he is definately one of the best but I could pass to wide open players and get assists all night to. And I know I havent seen every game but every time ive ever seen him play all he has done is shoot 3's ive very rarely seen him drive and when he does its nothing great. NC runs a good motion offense and set good screens and they are mostly wide open behind the arc and all you have to do is pass it to them. Im not saying Albright should be the MVP cuz he has definatley not played like one lately, all he wants to do is shoot 3's. He is amazing at driving to the basket and making shots your not supposed to and getting to the line and when he gets back to that they will start doing better.......Although I do think Anderson is over rated he is on the best team in the distrcit right now and hes got good numbers so its really hard to argue against him being the MVP

Seems things are getting heated in here. I understand allregionpatriot#3 sticking up for his old coach, but there have been lots of things happen behind closed doors that he doesn't know about. But that does not apply only to Coach Petrone. I think CoachF is simply stating a fact, one that is hard to aknowledge if your a Patriot. The shifting of the date of the East Lit game a couple of years ago was karma in action. That game ultimately cost WHH a trip to the region, in a year they could have gone to state. I won't say much more, but there was a HEATED discussion between 10A coaches about that switch and others in the district that did not involve Petrone. We reap what we sow. The truth is he is a very good coach. He teaches his boys well and they play hard. I can't think of too many coaches I would want over him when it comes to managing a close 4th quarter in a big game.

10A has been loaded with good coaches - Fay (doing a great job in 9AA by the way) and Murphy took teams to state, Coach Anderson has a stellar track record at a school with a very small enrollment, Ross has seen much success, Baggett is excellent as well, Smith has Clarksville Academy playing well and competing nightly and Carlisle has more wins than any of them (I think it is an embarrassment that someone started a thread questioning him - what a joke). The truth is that all these guys are loaded with personality and pride and they work hard. While most of them have burned a bridge or two we should be commending them all for the quality of their programs and the fact that each has created an environment where their kids are challenged and successful. The funny thing is knowing Petrone a bit I am sure he'd get a kick out of all this talk. It always seemed to me he enjoyed being the straw that stirred the drink - some guys like the black hat, and sometimes that hat isn't really as black as we think. I love following this district and whle I don't make it to many games anymore I am sure the quality and intensity are as high as ever.

Good luck to all.

i probably know more than you think that has happened and Ill be the first to tell you I dont always agree with Coach Petrone and he knows that, im sure ive made him mad with several thngs ive said. But I respect him and admire him as a coach and I will always defend him. And he isnt the only caoch that has rescheduled games wether it was right or not. And you hit it right on the nose, Im sure he would definately get a kick out of all this, and im sure he doesnt mind that its all stirred up because of him.

Im not sayin Anderson isnt a good player he is definately one of the best but I could pass to wide open players and get assists all night to. And I know I havent seen every game but every time ive ever seen him play all he has done is shoot 3's ive very rarely seen him drive and when he does its nothing great. NC runs a good motion offense and set good screens and they are mostly wide open behind the arc and all you have to do is pass it to them. Im not saying Albright should be the MVP cuz he has definatley not played like one lately, all he wants to do is shoot 3's. He is amazing at driving to the basket and making shots your not supposed to and getting to the line and when he gets back to that they will start doing better.......Although I do think Anderson is over rated he is on the best team in the distrcit right now and hes got good numbers so its really hard to argue against him being the MVP

i disagree...anderson can drive, step back and make the tough shot..... i think that he is a big player for the eagles and im not sure how well they would be doing without him...and just because his teamates work hard to get open shots that give him assists doesnt take away from the fact that he is having a MVP type season....and Elkins has really given the drive and shoot aspect back to NC that they lost when Frazier left.....if im not mistaken, Elkins is averaging about 14 or 15 ppg......he is one player that is certainly being overlooked in all of this and bledsoe isnt doing too shabby either.....teams are making the mistake of keying on one man and all of NC's team can shoot the 3 and most are able to drve and make the pull up jumper

NCS is a really good team in this area... I see them having a extremely good shot at making a state apperance this year... To get there though they will have to run up against Moore Co. or Culleoka, which will be a tough game, but in my opinion they are just as good as those teams... Although I do think that they are one of the best teams in Middle tennessee... I do not see a team like that.... matching up against a union city, manassas, humbolt, and lake Co... Those teams play a competely different type of basketball, and it is tough for a team to handle that hasn't seen it much... I hope if they make it to state they can get lucky and play one of those crappy east tennessee teams in the first round to get them comfortable... When I say east I mean region 1 or region 2 teams.... not region 3 or 4...

If he does not start driving to the hole and give up the 3's. He's grounded!