Morristown West @ Volunteer

flyinfalcon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a quick probability study on the top six teams in the 5 Rivers for the remainder of the season as to playoff positioning; TSSAA rules on tie-breakers were followed (percentages are rounded):

Cherokee - no chance of getting a #1 seed; a 1% chance of getting the 2nd seed; a 25% chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seed; and almost a 74% chance of not making the playoffs

Boone - no chance of getting the #1 seed; less than 1% chance of a #2 seed; a 29% chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seeds; and a 70% chance of not making the playoffs

East - less than a 2% chance of getting the #1 seed; about a 16% chance of getting the #2 seed; a 51% chance of getting one of the bottom two seeds; and about a 32% chance of not making the playoffs

Greeneville - a 64% chance of getting the #1 seed; a 19% chance of getting the #2 seed; a 17% chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seeds; and a less than 1% chance of not making the playoffs

Volunteer - a 3% chance of getting the #1 seed; a 25% chance of getting the #2 seed; a 42 % chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seeds; and a 30% chance of not making the playoffs

West - a 28% chance of getting the #1 seed; a 39% chance of getting the #2 seed; a 32% chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seeds; and less than 2% chance of not making the playoffs

Sorry, I don't know the formulas, but I'm afraid your math is flawed.

If Boone has a 29% chance of making the playoffs, and East has a 52% chance of making the playoffs, and they play each other, and the winner makes the playoffs, what happened to the other 19%?

Let me simplify this for you, Professor.

If Greeneville wins next week, there is a 100% chance of Greeneville being #1 and MoWest #2.

If Greeneville loses, and MoWest wins, there is a 100% chance that MoWest will be #1 and Greeneville #2.

All other teams have a 0% chance at a #1 or #2 seed, since they are 2 games behind, with 1 game to play.

Boone plays MoEast. They each have approx. a 50% chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seeds, since we don't yet know who will win.

Volunteer plays Cherokee. They each have approx. a 50% chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seeds, since we don't yet know who will win.

Cocke Co. and Crockett have a 0% chance of getting a playoff spot.

Shane is ok. He was released from the hospital late last night and is going to be fine. At no point did he lose movement in any of his limbs. It was a precautionary measure to take him, but a good idea none the less. Any time there is a neck injury, it always has to be taken seriously. It's too early to tell his status as far as playing this week, but we're just glad he's ok.

Ethan Mays who was also taken off the field. From what i've heard and the local newspapers, he has a leg/knee injury. Other than that i know no details. i DO know that was a NASTY hit. you could see his legs spread and his knee stay parallel with ground.

Volunteer im sure isnt taking these injuries lightly, and im sure while they would like to have their leading RB and leading WR this week, if there's any doubt in coach rider's mind about their safety, im sure he'll keep them out. Hopefully they'll be good to go though.

Sorry, I don't know the formulas, but I'm afraid your math is flawed.

If Boone has a 29% chance of making the playoffs, and East has a 52% chance of making the playoffs, and they play each other, and the winner makes the playoffs, what happened to the other 19%?

Let me simplify this for you, Professor.

If Greeneville wins next week, there is a 100% chance of Greeneville being #1 and MoWest #2.

If Greeneville loses, and MoWest wins, there is a 100% chance that MoWest will be #1 and Greeneville #2.

All other teams have a 0% chance at a #1 or #2 seed, since they are 2 games behind, with 1 game to play.

Boone plays MoEast. They each have approx. a 50% chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seeds, since we don't yet know who will win.

Volunteer plays Cherokee. They each have approx. a 50% chance of getting one of the bottom 2 seeds, since we don't yet know who will win.

Cocke Co. and Crockett have a 0% chance of getting a playoff spot.

Professor?? Then I wish you had paid better attention in class then, Buco! Based on 2 games remaining for each of the top six teams when the study was conducted those were the probabilities. It's easier to quote possibilities when there's just one game left ... isn't it?

Seriously, I'm very glad to hear that the young man from Volunteer is OK. Good luck to the Falcons next week!

Professor?? Then I wish you had paid better attention in class then, Buco! Based on 2 games remaining for each of the top six teams when the study was conducted those were the probabilities. It's easier to quote possibilities when there's just one game left ... isn't it?

Seriously, I'm very glad to hear that the young man from Volunteer is OK. Good luck to the Falcons next week!

Randy, you can get too upset at a person who cannot count past 10 with his shoes on. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Glad to hear about Barlow. I did not realize there was another player hurt, but hope both will be available to play next week.