Farragut vs Soddy Daisy

hunter

Well i know a couple of things. Soddy has alot of pride and well give every once of effort they have to spoil Farraguts region title dreams. They like to run the football and i know they will try to control the clock and not let Farraguts offense get many oppertunites to score. Their QB is young so if Farragut can get pressure on him he might make some mistakes. Other then that Farragut has to be physical and be ready for a tough game.

GO ADMIRALS!!!!!

Farragut-35

Soddy-10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the week off from school should help the ads get rested up for this important matchup with soddy. some may think that it will be a blowout , and it may be, but it is still a huge game in the way of farragut winning the region. ive heard about some more shakeups on the o line for farragut , anyone know what it was? what about farraguts defense, can they finally have a game where they show up? i mean bradley the worst program in the state possibly moved the ball on them. all they do is bring their front 3 and drop 8 into coverage and teams absolutely pick them apart and with oak ridge and the playoffs on the horizon they need to step up

One thing that may help Farragut is that SD has shown to be an I formation team. Farragut should get a break from the wide open spread formation that everyone is running these days. That is assuming the run the same offense that their scouting report shows. Some programs that are struggling will adopt whatever offense seams to be doing the best against a good team. I hope the weather clears up before Friday, a wet field can be an equalizer in football. If Sterling has bad footing he may not be quite as effective, plus wet conditions lead to turnovers which could make the game tighter than normal. Sterling had some fumble issues in the spring and in preseason scrimmages, but so far this season he has done a great job with ball security. Martland doesn't throw many picks, but a wet ball might cause some problems. I have not heard about any offensive line changes, but will try to confirm that through my sources. I just hope this week our defense can put up a good 4 quarter effort. They need it from a confidence stand point. If SD comes in trying to exploit Farragut's apparent coverage problems then there will be some opportunities for our DB's to show what they've got, and are not a liability. I think Chris Bass returned to practice yesterday, so Sterling will have someone with experience to back him up. On a side note, Bogan had a good game running the ball in the JV game against Oak Ridge Monday night. He may be an option to give Sterling a rest this week. Danchek(sp?) also ran the ball well from the QB position in the JV game. The JV beat OR 21-20 if anyone is interested. The Freshman beat OR 7-0 (and have won 3 of the last 4 against OR), I hope this trend continues against OR, cause it appears that they aren't putting out the players they have in the passed. You really have to be a long term Admiral fan to understand the dominance OR has held against Farragut the last 30years. But, we have to take care of Soddy before we invade Blankenship.

we have to take care of Soddy before we invade Blankenship.

STARPOWER

Here's an ole WB fan that says ditto.. Your and our game threads this week are slow to say the least.. I have said the same thing you've said about our game this week... I've spent more time aggravating the people on the OR/Ool thread than I have on the WB thread.. I look forward to your game with the Wildcats.. I'll have to pull for OR for obvious reasons... Try not to hold it against me..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You mentioned your JV game with OR.. I'm somewhat suprised due to the way our JV's played out, but OR's JV beat us pretty solid. We were short some players but it shouldn't have made that much difference....

Good luck ... I'd say our teams have a good chance of seeing each other again ....

tpoole12

if farragut comes and plays like their supposed to (not affected by the break, not looking ahead OR, nor playing down to the competition) they should have this in the bag. thats not a knock on SD but this one of the best teams that FHS has had in their history. it is about time for the defense to come together and play assignment football. if they can do that, they can go as far as they want in the playoffs. good luck admirals and remember that THIS game is for a region title

to the person up there who said BRADLEY moved the ball on us. i was there and they scored seven points. the only time they came close to even getting fourth downs is when we had our waterboys and trainers in the game. NOW, i will say that against ooltewah, we relaxed way too much in the second half and im sure coach pate/doucette werent very happy about that, and they should have that fixed this week.

What I have learned about Soddy is that they are an I-formation team, which should be a good change of pace from the spread offenses we have seen this year. We'll probably see a lot of dive, trap, iso, and sweep. I think that it will help our defense to have a team run right at us. Hopefully our DL will be physical and smart this week. Playing spread teams you can be a little more creative in your pass rush, with I-formation you better take care of your gap, and not run upfield or you'll get your LBs exposed. I'm sure Coach Pate has been on the DL all week to squeeze, squeeze, squeeze. In truth the 3-5 is designed for the DL to disrupt the OL and force the RB to go where the LBs can make all the tackles. It was instituted to stop the wing-t back when 6-7 teams in our region where running the wing-t. It has been so effective that we've stayed with it over the last few years. In the past 3-4 years defense has been our strong point, with the offense lagging, but this year we are having to out score teams to win.

tpoole12, I really hate to say anything good about a region foe, but I will have to give WB credit. They are the best team we've played all year, mainly because they have good balance on offense. Ooltewah has a very dangerous running game, but not much in the passing game. I heard a lot about WB's defense, but didn't really see that in our game. Everyone says that game was a fluke for your defense, but it's the only game I've seen you all play, so I'll have to take your word for it. Maybe OR will show me something to change my opinion, but right now I would have to say that WB is the only team I would be overly concerned about in the playoffs.

tpoole12, I really hate to say anything good about a region foe, but I will have to give WB credit. They are the best team we've played all year, mainly because they have good balance on offense. Ooltewah has a very dangerous running game, but not much in the passing game. I heard a lot about WB's defense, but didn't really see that in our game. Everyone says that game was a fluke for your defense, but it's the only game I've seen you all play, so I'll have to take your word for it. Maybe OR will show me something to change my opinion, but right now I would have to say that WB is the only team I would be overly concerned about in the playoffs.

STARPOWER

Thanks for the kind words. I really didn't see our defense in our game either.... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ... I think they may have had a hangover from the week before. I to think we'll see our teams play again if both groups take care of business and take it one game at time..

I had a chance to speak to a parent from your team at the JV game.. Good guy, but I felt sorry him ... He said he's a liftetime Greenbay Packers fan... but every week he has to dorn the "Cowboys" look to go to his son's game... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Some people have a bigger cross to bear than others..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good Luck

tpoole12,

It's a shame that parent couldn't take pride in his son wearing the best looking uniform in high school football today. So good looking in fact that the Dallas Cowboys patterned theirs after Farragut. I will admit that I don't like it when we wear the blue pants, but the kids do, and I only have to see it a couple of times a year.