Greeneville @ East

FootballFan423

The teams from region 2 are not as tough as region 1.

SERIOUSLY though...

With West down this year, I think Greenville may be the best???

I just think you will find that TN. is much better than them all.

Tennessee High must have improved alot, because they scrimmage Greeneville before the season and weren't very impressive. Greeneville has made great strides since then. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SERIOUSLY though...

I remeber last year when east did not have a chance at south before the game and beat the snot out of them. Region 2 is better than region 1. Region 1 plays each other and a few teams from up there and rolls up a good record and then folds in the playoffs. when region 1 studs beat a good team from region 2 then I will give credit but right now, they have not. GHS beat South this year. East beat south last year and west thumped TH last year. No disrespect but theyhave to win a game against a top 2 region 2 team for me to consider that region as stronger.

I remeber last year when east did not have a chance at south before the game and beat the snot out of them. Region 2 is better than region 1. Region 1 plays each other and a few teams from up there and rolls up a good record and then folds in the playoffs. when region 1 studs beat a good team from region 2 then I will give credit but right now, they have not. GHS beat South this year. East beat south last year and west thumped TH last year. No disrespect but theyhave to win a game against a top 2 region 2 team for me to consider that region as stronger.

Great post canefan72! Lets talk about the game this week in Region 2, who cares about region 1! Should be a good game, Greeneville will be ready. I'm sure the Canes will be ready. Devils have had 2 really good days of practice. We'll have to see how sloppy practice gets today considering the weather.

SERIOUSLY though...

'AnswertheBell'...South will hurt your feelings next week! It will not be close!

Does that mean you are ready to admit that Greeneville just plain played bad against the Blazers? Or are you gonna hang on to that bright spot and remember it fondly as the high point of your season? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Now barb, I said I would pull for Greeneville, I didn't say I had multiple personalities.............

We all know that on that fateful night, the stars aligned and the true Daniel Bone team arose and stuffed the mighty Greene Devils before turning back into their mild-mannered selves to finish the season.......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just looking over the past 10 years at playoff I noticed that region 1 has won a total of 33 games, Region 2 has 37 wins. What is noticeable is that Morristown West has accounted for 19 of the wins in region 2. Winning the past 5 years regional title.

My point is that with West down this year and everyone kinda remains the same (Greenville on the way back up) Region 1 was a little better, BUT NOT LIKE 2004 WHEN THEY SWEPT, if you want to bring up years past.

West has been the power lately and they are in reg 2, I give you that. But outside them not much to bragg about.

Greenville , West vs Tn. High, South

Tn High beat West

South Beats Greenville (this time)

Tn High wins

Just looking over the past 10 years at playoff I noticed that region 1 has won a total of 33 games, Region 2 has 37 wins. What is noticeable is that Morristown West has accounted for 19 of the wins in region 2. Winning the past 5 years regional title.

My point is that with West down this year and everyone kinda remains the same (Greenville on the way back up) Region 1 was a little better, BUT NOT LIKE 2004 WHEN THEY SWEPT, if you want to bring up years past.

West has been the power lately and they are in reg 2, I give you that. But outside them not much to bragg about.

Tn High beat West

Tn High wins

I believe that if greeneville will play tn high and that west would play south correct b/c we all know south will win region 1

Tn High beat West

Tn High wins

I hope GreenEville gets to play Tennesse High. We have seen them in person, and we have the last laugh on them, 02' playoffs 40-8 in the Stone Castle. They had a good team but 11-1 doesn't quite cut it. Play tougher teams in the regular season. Its like comparing the SEC and the Big Ten.

I hope GreenEville gets to play Tennesse High. We have seen them in person, and we have the last laugh on them, 02' playoffs 40-8 in the Stone Castle. They had a good team but 11-1 doesn't quite cut it. Play tougher teams in the regular season. Its like comparing the SEC and the Big Ten.

R u serious? I honestly think that THS will beat South and eventually play MoWest in the quarterfinals and beat them. They have been the power house of that area and any other year i would take them over THS...BUT not this yer. They are down and THS is playing very well. The scrimmage against greeneville is not a very accurate way of looking at what this team is capable of. It might just be me but im pretty sure im not alone in sayin THS wins the region then goes and plays Maryville /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Im just sayin, dont think you have it all wrapped up yet.

Tn High beat West

Tn High wins

What does any of this have to do with the Greeneville East game??????? it has nothing to do with it. How about we try an talk about this friday.

I would say GV in this one BUT this has been a weird week in practice for east and I have bnever seen the team this year act the way they have. They are focused this week and the off the field stuff is over as far as I can tell. They have put together a good game plan on D and who knows. This year in region 2.anything can happen.

As far as the picks on playoffs go. If east sneaks in the 4 spot, they will have a shot at south. You know the team south was supposed to roll over last year. Don't count on south playing west just yet.

R u serious? I honestly think that THS will beat South and eventually play MoWest in the quarterfinals and beat them. They have been the power house of that area and any other year i would take them over THS...BUT not this yer. They are down and THS is playing very well. The scrimmage against greeneville is not a very accurate way of looking at what this team is capable of. It might just be me but im pretty sure im not alone in sayin THS wins the region then goes and plays Maryville /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Im just sayin, dont think you have it all wrapped up yet.

ok If i recall correctly except for the loss to greeneville south is mowing teams over. I really hope tn high has there own curt phillips b/c if u can't make an attempt to slow him down then u lose. Oh and if u do play west they will beat u anyways but u won't get to west u will play us correct