Greeneville @ East

FootballFan423

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, we must have had about 200 extra kids enroll. BTW our enrollment includes special ed classes for all of hamblen county.250 kids that should be at west go to east for those classes. We also have about 20% hispanic enrollment. When you put it into perspective, we only have around 950-1000 kids that may play football. GHS had an enrollment of 783 4 years ago and I am sure it has jumped.

According to the HCBOE web site East has 1315 students. Greeneville city schools lists current enrollment @ 835. Enrollment in the city schools has actually dropped this year. Many contribute this to the addition of more AP and fine arts (primarily music) in the county schools. While GHS tends to attract premium athletes, most county parents who choose to enroll their children in city schools have historically done so because of academics. Although I think Duncan does a pretty good job attracting the bball talent.

I guess it would do no good to attempt convince you male type people that size doesn't matter, would it? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

GV does not usually beat east. Check the recent history. East will not bring 7 to the line, they will blitz. There is a difference. We have faced good running backs this year and Barner is no better than cobb from fulton, the kid from volunteer or Mcfall from JC. I am not saying that we will beat you but GV is not as dominant as some GHS fans let on.

ok buddy there is daylight if u would just pull ur head out

east being bigger than gv..all the good players in greene county go to grenneville high, plus u have like 4 or 5 high schools.. al the good ones in hamblen county go to both east and west we don't just load up one team,well not anymore we don't : )

Not so fast there buddy greeneville does not attract many kids from the county schools most that pay tuition actually start out in the city in elementary oh and u all let hispanics play u had a great rb in fransico chavez or w/e his name was

east being bigger than gv..all the good players in greene county go to grenneville high, plus u have like 4 or 5 high schools.. al the good ones in hamblen county go to both east and west we don't just load up one team,well not anymore we don't : )

Ask any Greene county kid an they will tell you they hate Greeneville an would not want to play football at Gville if they had the chance. Most if not all kids that live in the county that go to Greeneville went there when they were real young. I have not heard of kids coming to Greeneville just for sports. It would be nice tho. south Greene had a real good RB last year.

According to the HCBOE web site East has 1315 students. Greeneville city schools lists current enrollment @ 835. Enrollment in the city schools has actually dropped this year. Many contribute this to the addition of more AP and fine arts (primarily music) in the county schools. While GHS tends to attract premium athletes, most county parents who choose to enroll their children in city schools have historically done so because of academics. Although I think Duncan does a pretty good job attracting the bball talent.

I guess it would do no good to attempt convince you male type people that size doesn't matter, would it? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Actual count as of this week 901.

Ask any Greene county kid an they will tell you they hate Greeneville an would not want to play football at Gville if they had the chance. Most if not all kids that live in the county that go to Greeneville went there when they were real young. I have not heard of kids coming to Greeneville just for sports. It would be nice tho. south Greene had a real good RB last year.

I believe we will see a good football game tomorrow night. The question on my

mind is--Have the sophomores and juniors at East gained enough experience to

stay close to the mostly all senior team at Greeneville ? I believe if East can

plays an error free game --no fumbles or interceptions --Greeneville will know

they are in a game. It would be interesting to see which team could stand the

pressure in a close game.

East is coming into the game a little banged up but not so much they won't be

competitive. Kev says a little luck helps but East may need a lot of luck to win.

Go Canes !!

Hispanic's cant play football at east??? I didn't know east was the only school that had special ed an Hispanics at your school. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They can but don't. East has the special ed kids from both schools was my point.

ok buddy there is daylight if u would just pull ur head out

Do not EVER wonder why you are not taken serious.

I believe we will see a good football game tomorrow night. The question on my

mind is--Have the sophomores and juniors at East gained enough experience to

stay close to the mostly all senior team at Greeneville ? I believe if East can

plays an error free game --no fumbles or interceptions --Greeneville will know

they are in a game. It would be interesting to see which team could stand the

pressure in a close game.

East is coming into the game a little banged up but not so much they won't be

competitive. Kev says a little luck helps but East may need a lot of luck to win.

Go Canes !!

It will be more interesting to see if East can come from behind. Greeneville has outscored their opponents 183-110 and 145 of those have been in the 1st half...80% of their scoring in the first 2 quarters. Can East mount a comeback if they fall behind 3 or 4 TD's ?

i believe greeneville has finally figured out that football is a team sport unlike the boone game...they figured everything out and i look to see them win tomorrow night but good luck to both teams we will see whos the best tomorrow so stop talkin crap to each other on here and let them settle it on the field...Go Greene Devils