Region 5-3A Standings (Heading Into Week Nine)

Big Country

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Playoffs are here folks. Congrats to all of the region teams on another great season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cheatham Co. at Fayette Ware

Marshall Co. at Jackson South Side

Bolivar Central at Giles Co.

McNairy Central at David Lipscomb

GO REGION 5-3A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Playoffs are here folks. Congrats to all of the region teams on another great season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fayette Ware

JSS

Giles

Lipscomb

All of these games will be broadcasted LIVE next Friday night on CoachT's Friday Night list of broadcasts.

My observation is Region 5-3AAA Sweeps Region 6-3AAA.

I would add my biased opinion to that. When Crockett left, the region slipped.....Crockett also found what it is like in a tough region now.

I don't think DL beats Mcnairy that bad. If so...it will be a killer sweep.

Will this be the year that Marshall shakes off the Jackson South Side migraine. I would have Hightower hit that big FB so hard early in the game it would gain momentum. Bring back the train whistle?????.... Strangle the sideline reporter from the radio station???

Has JSS already turned on the water even with the rain we just got.?????

BC....Linda said she just likes country/redneck types....I told her you were from BIG Ashland City.

I would add my biased opinion to that. When Crockett left, the region slipped.....Crockett also found what it is like in a tough region now.

I don't think DL beats Mcnairy that bad. If so...it will be a killer sweep.

Will this be the year that Marshall shakes off the Jackson South Side migraine. I would have Hightower hit that big FB so hard early in the game it would gain momentum. Bring back the train whistle?????.... Strangle the sideline reporter from the radio station???

Has JSS already turned on the water even with the rain we just got.?????

BC....Linda said she just likes country/redneck types....I told her you were from BIG Ashland City.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I HAVE HOPE!!!

STAT OF THE WEEK

In the 2000 quarterfinals of the state playoffs an unbeaten Marshall Co. team that was 12-0 at the time went to Jackson South Side in the playoffs. The Tigers were at the time led by a senior star named RAY HIGHTOWER who went on to star at the next level at Carson Newman.

FAST FORWARD NOW...............................

The 2007 Marshall Co. Tigers are in the playoffs and going back to Jackson to play at their field for the first time since 2000. In 2001 JSS was a #4 seed that won in Lewisburg to open the playoffs if you'll recall and in 2002 the two also played in Lewisburg. Again the Tigers are led by a senior names HIGHTOWER. This time it's DON'TA instead of RAY!!!!

Could it be that Jerry Hayes' Jackson South Side Hawks will end the high school playing careers of two Hightower greats at Marshall Co. High School??????? WE ARE GOING TO FIND OUT FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!