Franklin High at Dickson County

Combos

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Franklin loses, they are almost certainly out of the playoff picture...that's a lot of pressure for this Rebel team but I think they can handle it.

I agree with you saying that if franklin loses they are out of the playoffs. But about them handling the pressure is a little different. Dickson will be looking for revenge after last years close loss at franklin which was a fluke. And now that DC has a key player, Steadman Bell , back Dickson has the option to pass the ball, which still wont happen. Im looking for DC to do their standard "run it down their throat" with 2 running backs Rayburn with speed and Pendarvis with power. Dickson Co. takes it

Pulling for the Dickson County Cougars from east Tennessee fan. I've attended two Dickson County games and have seen very different teams play those nights, but I have to think the Cougars can pull it together in these last two games. I'm pulling for Brentwood to beat Independence and Dickson County to win out, putting Dickson County at #1 with the tiebreaker over Brentwood.

Dickson County 24

Franklin 17

I agree with you saying that if franklin loses they are out of the playoffs. But about them handling the pressure is a little different. Dickson will be looking for revenge after last years close loss at franklin which was a fluke. And now that DC has a key player, Steadman Bell , back Dickson has the option to pass the ball, which still wont happen. Im looking for DC to do their standard "run it down their throat" with 2 running backs Rayburn with speed and Pendarvis with power. Dickson Co. takes it

Franklin would basically be eliminated with a loss...that would put them with three region losses. Ravenwood has a chance of ending up with three losses too, but they beat the Rebels in September so they would get the tiebreaker. There is no longer a chance of 5 teams finishing tied at 5-2, so the first team to three losses misses the playoffs.

I think Dickson is a much better team than they showed me against Independence, but will somebody PLEASE tell Jon Primm that he doesn't have to pitch the ball every time they run the option? He fumbled it at least three times on unnecessary pitches.

Franklin knows the stakes, but do they have enough guys that have been there before to handle the pressure? This is a very young team that still has alot of guys coming into their own. They've played really well all season, but this is their first true test under pressure. The Rebels should be able to put a good number of points on the board against a defense that is softer than its been in recent years. If they get into a shootout, I predict Franklin holds on for another week.

Dickson is a much better team than what was shown at Indy. Or atleast offensively, defensively i watched NE chew up yards on the ground against DC. DC only showed dominance in their defense when NE got inside the 20. Bell being back does give them the option to pass now, rumor has it he will have his cast taken off in the middle of this week. Bell had two picks in the game against NE and almost housed one of them. Franklin will probably take a hint from INDY and put all 11 men in the box, if this happens and there aren't any changes made offensively to compensate i could see this one being a long night in DC.

Dickson County takes this huge win. I pick the cougars by 10.

i think this will be a very close game and fans from both sides will find themselves standing up on edge for most of the game.....as for franklin...this will be a true test for them its now do or die for the rebels, but i think that they will man up and come out on top for the second year in a row

franklin takes this one!

If Franklin loses, they are almost certainly out of the playoff picture...that's a lot of pressure for this Rebel team but I think they can handle it.

If the Rebels lose it might be because their players hang out in La Ha's parking lot catching beezzzz on a school night. A group of buddies & I witnessed some player misbehavior at a bar & I don't think they had Dickson County on their mind?

The Rebs should win this one, but if not...get ready for a long winter. Get your act together boys!