State Tournament predictions A/AA+

bratman

As with my other picks, these are just for FUN, liking picking the brackets for the NCAA. We did this 4 or 5 years ago when my oldest played. These are best guesses based on what I read here and talks with friends back home.

AC vs Lexington - Somehow KYDigs has been able to slip a team from Kentucky into our tourney! Both teams have first game jitters, AC wins 3-1.

Knox Catholic vs. Trinity Christian - Somebody at TC ain't living right. KC is itching to get back in the gym after losing the Region Tourney to arch rival AC, unless KC gets lost thinking they play at the Murph this will be a BLOW OUT, 3-0 KC, no game over 10.

GB vs BB - Rough opening round for BB. GB has been predicting a state championship all season. Now that they have dusted off the trophy case they try to dust off BB. GB (in a closer match than the score will indicate) 3-0.

DCA vs Page - These two programs both know how to get to the finals. Great programs yield great games. This one will be a battle. Best match so far, with Page getting HOT at the end. Page 3-2.

AC vs BB - Second best match of the day. Two tough teams, loaded with good players. Another LONG one but AC plays a lot of 5 game matches, winning this one 3-2.

KC vs Page- KC shouldn't drop a game in pool. Page will be tired after the battle with DCA, KC has too much depth. If Page scores 20 it will be a surprise. KC 3-0.

Lex vs GB - Kydigs drives in to call line but is turned away by TN officials. Unless the 2 D-1 GB sisters are signing their college papers back home this one will be quick. GB 3-0.

TC vs DCA - DCA has been here and knows they have to win this match. They do 3-0.

AC vs GB - Along with Brentwood vs Ooltewah, this is the best pool match in the tourney. These teams split during the year, and this will be another tight one. AC is the BEST 5 game team in the mix. Thats how this one will play out with AC going 3-2.

TC vs. Page - He may look like Santa, but Pageman has no presents for TC. Page wins 3-0.

BB vs Lex - Rough day for KY as BB wins 3-0.

DCA vs KC - DCA is focused, KC is talented. Talent beats focus in a good one, 3-1.

Pool 1 Pool 2

AC 3-0 (9-5) KC 3-0 (9-1)

GB 2-1 (8-3) Page 2-1 (6-5)

BB 1-2 (5-6) DCA 1-2 (6-6)

Lex 0-3 (1-9) TC 0-3 (0-9)

Semis:

AC vs Page: These old foes have played on this court many times. AC has too many weapons this time. Good match, but AC wins 3-1.

GB vs KC: GB has been thinking about this match for 12 months. The last time they played it was all KC winning big. Its easy to talk about a state championship but until you do it it is still talk. KC has essentially the same team as last year, but so does GB. What is different? GB has 2 great D-1 players, KC has several very good players. If the D-1 sisters can get hot they will carry the day, if not KC will be back in the finals. Gotta go green, this time with 5 sport's favorite girls, in a knock down 3-2.

AC vs GB: Top program in A/AA with another great team vs the team that has predicted a championship all season. Two division 1 sisters are a handful, but AC is loaded with all-state and college players. The classic question asks great player (or in this case great sisters) against a great system? GB has predicted a win for along time, to get that first state championship they have to beat a team that has one, and that has been in 8 of the last 9 final fours, 4 of the last 8 finals. This one will be fun, with AC winning in 5.

Finally, these are just my guesses. No meanness, just fun. I obviously know nothing because I am a Sox fan.

Good luck to all! CU bring these guys some cookies. Pageman, show 5 sport how a brat is properly prepared. GLJ be quick with the yellow card, and Hopi, Ghost And AC HV hug your daughters hard and tell them that you love them.

As with my other picks, these are just for FUN, liking picking the brackets for the NCAA. We did this 4 or 5 years ago when my oldest played. These are best guesses based on what I read here and talks with friends back home.

AC vs Lexington - Somehow KYDigs has been able to slip a team from Kentucky into our tourney! Both teams have first game jitters, AC wins 3-1.

Knox Catholic vs. Trinity Christian - Somebody at TC ain't living right. KC is itching to get back in the gym after losing the Region Tourney to arch rival AC, unless KC gets lost thinking they play at the Murph this will be a BLOW OUT, 3-0 KC, no game over 10.

GB vs BB - Rough opening round for BB. GB has been predicting a state championship all season. Now that they have dusted off the trophy case they try to dust off BB. GB (in a closer match than the score will indicate) 3-0.

DCA vs Page - These two programs both know how to get to the finals. Great programs yield great games. This one will be a battle. Best match so far, with Page getting HOT at the end. Page 3-2.

AC vs BB - Second best match of the day. Two tough teams, loaded with good players. Another LONG one but AC plays a lot of 5 game matches, winning this one 3-2.

KC vs Page- KC shouldn't drop a game in pool. Page will be tired after the battle with DCA, KC has too much depth. If Page scores 20 it will be a surprise. KC 3-0.

Lex vs GB - Kydigs drives in to call line but is turned away by TN officials. Unless the 2 D-1 GB sisters are signing their college papers back home this one will be quick. GB 3-0.

TC vs DCA - DCA has been here and knows they have to win this match. They do 3-0.

AC vs GB - Along with Brentwood vs Ooltewah, this is the best pool match in the tourney. These teams split during the year, and this will be another tight one. AC is the BEST 5 game team in the mix. Thats how this one will play out with AC going 3-2.

TC vs. Page - He may look like Santa, but Pageman has no presents for TC. Page wins 3-0.

BB vs Lex - Rough day for KY as BB wins 3-0.

DCA vs KC - DCA is focused, KC is talented. Talent beats focus in a good one, 3-1.

Pool 1 Pool 2

AC 3-0 (9-5) KC 3-0 (9-1)

GB 2-1 (8-3) Page 2-1 (6-5)

BB 1-2 (5-6) DCA 1-2 (6-6)

Lex 0-3 (1-9) TC 0-3 (0-9)

Semis:

AC vs Page: These old foes have played on this court many times. AC has too many weapons this time. Good match, but AC wins 3-1.

GB vs KC: GB has been thinking about this match for 12 months. The last time they played it was all KC winning big. Its easy to talk about a state championship but until you do it it is still talk. KC has essentially the same team as last year, but so does GB. What is different? GB has 2 great D-1 players, KC has several very good players. If the D-1 sisters can get hot they will carry the day, if not KC will be back in the finals. Gotta go green, this time with 5 sport's favorite girls, in a knock down 3-2.

AC vs GB: Top program in A/AA with another great team vs the team that has predicted a championship all season. Two division 1 sisters are a handful, but AC is loaded with all-state and college players. The classic question asks great player (or in this case great sisters) against a great system? GB has predicted a win for along time, to get that first state championship they have to beat a team that has one, and that has been in 8 of the last 9 final fours, 4 of the last 8 finals. This one will be fun, with AC winning in 5.

Finally, these are just my guesses. No meanness, just fun. I obviously know nothing because I am a Sox fan.

Good luck to all! CU bring these guys some cookies. Pageman, show 5 sport how a brat is properly prepared. GLJ be quick with the yellow card, and Hopi, Ghost And AC HV hug your daughters hard and tell them that you love them.

Brat,

You trippin', dude. I thought people that lived in Iowar were peace lovin' people that had good values. You must be one of them 'radical' Iowans ( /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ). Yeah, that's it, an East Tennessee Iowan! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Go back, look at posts and tell us PLEASE! where you AC people get this??? Inquiring minds want to know!!! I've kept up pretty well this year and I've NEVER seen a 'prediction of a State title' from me or anyone associated with the GB program.

CoachT,

Could there be libel in all this? (j/k, of course!)

We dish it out and we can take it. So, y'all go ahead and put words in our mouths. We're comin' to play and to win. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, I assure you the Son still shines!

Everybody have a safe trip to the 'boro and Good Luck! to all (you're gonna need it /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> >>> Sorry, but I had to do it!).

GO Lady Cats! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

*One game at a time.

Brat,

You trippin', dude. I thought people that lived in Iowar were peace lovin' people that had good values. You must be one of them 'radical' Iowans ( /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ). Yeah, that's it, an East Tennessee Iowan! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Go back, look at posts and tell us PLEASE! where you AC people get this??? Inquiring minds want to know!!! I've kept up pretty well this year and I've NEVER seen a 'prediction of a State title' from me or anyone associated with the GB program.

CoachT,

Could there be libel in all this? (j/k, of course!)

We dish it out and we can take it. So, y'all go ahead and put words in our mouths. We're comin' to play and to win. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, I assure you the Son still shines!

Everybody have a safe trip to the 'boro and Good Luck! to all (you're gonna need it /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> >>> Sorry, but I had to do it!).

GO Lady Cats! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

*One game at a time.

5Sport, I don't understand it. I'm around GHS kids all the time and I've never heard any of them declaring a state championship. Just watch these girls. They just come to play and heck yes, they enjoy a win.

If we wanted to claim a championship, we could talk about buying a campground of some sort at the 'Boro since our football team was there three years ago, and our softball and volleyball teams are making repeat visits. BUT...from what I read AC feels they "own" the 'Boro and they don't like anybody near it.

Announcements