Brentwood Bruins

VballBruins

Way to Go Lady Bruins!!!

State Championship #8

Seniors are Awesome in a great match with Ooltewah

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Since I didn't get to see any of the matches I really can't say but I am "guessing" this might have been the match of the tournament. By my calculations the points scored in the total match were exactly even going to game 5 which was was won by 2 points!

Congratulations to both teams on an absolutely money worthy game. It was worth every dollar spent! Both teams looked like they came ready for a battle and a battle it was. You always hate to see a team lose when the games were like they were. Brentwood definitely showed will and determination and rightly deserved to be crowned AAA State Champions. You have proven yoursleves all year long and you have finally gotten the credibility that many have not given you! We are looking forward to next year to see what you guys can put together, again! Once again Congratulations!

P.S. For those Ooweltewah fans reading this, your girls shoud definitely hold thier heads up proudly, they gave everything they had and left everything on the court!

CONGRATULATIONS LADY BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look back at recently Tennessee high school volleyball history, Brentwood volleyball has been about Big Time Players Making Big Time Plays in Big Time Games...just like today.

They are also lead by a Big Time Coach.

Brentwood volleyball is BIG TIME!

Congrats to Barb and the girls for bringing Number 8 back.

I want to say great job Lady Owls.. I got to know a few of you through camp, tournaments, and hotel bonding time! I am glad our two teams got close this season and we realized all of you girls are so classy! I loved to watch you play and know that you deserved to win not only from your play but also because of what great sportsmanship which stood out in those last few games! I really believe the officating of that final match was crucial and could have been the key to the match forcing a tie 13-13 instead of 14-12! I guess everything happens for a reason but you girls should know that everyones proud of you despite the outcome! GREAT JOB LADY OWLS you are #1 !!!!!

Ooltewah and Brentwood played a great match. Congratulations to both teams and both sets of my fellow seniors for an outstanding display of heart in the final game of our high school careers. Underclassmen, I applaud your maturity and impressive play at such a high-pressure level. We, ALL of the athletes, played our hardest and unfortunately a pivotal rally was ended in an interesting officiating decision. When there are three line judges against one, should the up ref go with that one? I think not, no matter what the score, who is playing, and which side the call is for. It should have been a replay.

For all of you Brentwood girls reading, there was a lot of animosity between you guys and Ooltewah in past years. Thank you for having positive attitudes towards my team off of the court. I hope that one day the rivalry between Brentwood and Ooltewah will be a friendly one. Thank you for contributing to that in pre-game warm up. Next year, let's (let us BOTH) have more sportsmanship, please /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .

To my Ooltewah girls, thank you so very much for the best season I could ever ask for. Thank you for your hard work and dedication during pre-season. It obviously paid off. Thank you for the smiles, the tears, and the laughter that you all brought me. To Nikki Brooks #3, you played a PERFECT match. You played the best volleyball that I have ever seen out of you. You played your heart out. You are a champion.

Taylor Gatewood #12- Congratulations on finishing up your senior season with a bang. Girl, you can really play some ball.

Courtney Cotter #5- You deserve every bit of that all tournament award. You played your hardest, thank you for that.

Gretchen Higdon #22- Thank you for flawless leadership and decisions this year as our fearless setter. You made all of this possible.

Amanda Kelley #15/7- Your solid serving pulled us through some tough situations this year, keep swinging.

Nikki Brook s#3- Thank you for you determination to be a better volleyball player, for your hard work. You are going places, BIG places.

Bri Shoemake #45- You were called upon to play in a high-pressure situation. Thank you for your calm confidence behind the end line.

Libby Peigen#4- Keep swinging like you?re 6?1. Don?t let anyone look down upon you. You play huge volleyball.

You are all champions in my book. Thank you for a great senior year.

-Sarah

Great post, floorburn. Your Lady Owls gave it their all and they should be proud on their play. I saw your Coach Elaine Peigen leaving the court with tears in her eyes as it was a hard loss for her. The controverial touch call in game 5 by an official on the other side of the net was indeed unfortunate. It appeared to me there was no touch by the Ooltewah players at the net on the attack by Brentwood as the play occurred in front of the Ooltewah bench. The officials on the side of the net where the play occurred called the ball out with no touch. I was surprised to see the touch call from the far side of the net by the lady official. It was indeed a call that influenced the outcome of the game and match.

Congratulations to the Brentwood Lady Bruins for their 8th State Championship as they played hard throughout the tournament. It was good to see that all their seniors, #11 Jennifer Maher, #12 Becca Brewster, and #14 Francis Ferree, made the All Tournament Team. Brentwood always seems to come through with the big win as Coach Barbara Campbell gets the most from all their players. I expect to see them back next year to defend their title once again.

I know there may be controversy to the call and it could have happened to any other team, but lets not let it ruin the amazing win by Brentwood. Everyone has there opinions, just like myself, and I personally thought it had skimmed the head of the player- BUT THIS IS MY OPINION. I agree that the other side should have made the call, but that other ref must have saw something because she was still persistent on her call even when questioned. If I remember correctly, Brentwood lost the Championship a number of years ago on a controversal call, so I am sure Coach Barbara Campbell can symphathize with Ooltewah's players and coahing staff.

The Brentwood girls definitely feel the hatred from many teams around the state. Not necessairly a hatred for them persoanlly but the name they wear on their back. It is difficult to be a Brentwood Volleyball player with the expectations that the coaching staff and previous teams instill on them. But it is so amazing to see how every year, them girls overcome adversity after adversity. In the last two years, they have had only two loses in the state of Tennessee, the rest are out of state- AL, GA, FL, SC. I can understand why many teams hate hearing and seeing the name Brentwood, but lets judge them as being great young girls and great volleyball players, and not judge them for the name on their back. They feel the anomisity from others also so I am sure it is hard for them to look at other teams in a friendly manner.

I have watched the program for many years and just wish that one time they are given credit when credit is due. There is always something that inteferes with them getting credit and respect, but hopefully one day they will get it. Coach Campbell is a Hall of Fame Coach in my mind and has proven herself in her career and should wothout a doubt receive credit for the tremendous run she has provided at Brentwood. She is a staple member of the Lady Bruins!

Lady Bruins you are the 8-time State Champions, and BACK-TO-Back State Champions! You get all of my respect! I look forward to another successful season next year- unfortuantely we expect nothing less, but that is why being a Lady Bruin is something special!

Ooltewah and Brentwood played a great match. Congratulations to both teams and both sets of my fellow seniors for an outstanding display of heart in the final game of our high school careers. Underclassmen, I applaud your maturity and impressive play at such a high-pressure level. We, ALL of the athletes, played our hardest and unfortunately a pivotal rally was ended in an interesting officiating decision. When there are three line judges against one, should the up ref go with that one? I think not, no matter what the score, who is playing, and which side the call is for. It should have been a replay.

For all of you Brentwood girls reading, there was a lot of animosity between you guys and Ooltewah in past years. Thank you for having positive attitudes towards my team off of the court. I hope that one day the rivalry between Brentwood and Ooltewah will be a friendly one. Thank you for contributing to that in pre-game warm up. Next year, let's (let us BOTH) have more sportsmanship, please /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .

To my Ooltewah girls, thank you so very much for the best season I could ever ask for. Thank you for your hard work and dedication during pre-season. It obviously paid off. Thank you for the smiles, the tears, and the laughter that you all brought me. To Nikki Brooks #3, you played a PERFECT match. You played the best volleyball that I have ever seen out of you. You played your heart out. You are a champion.

Taylor Gatewood #12- Congratulations on finishing up your senior season with a bang. Girl, you can really play some ball.

Courtney Cotter #5- You deserve every bit of that all tournament award. You played your hardest, thank you for that.

Gretchen Higdon #22- Thank you for flawless leadership and decisions this year as our fearless setter. You made all of this possible.

Amanda Kelley #15/7- Your solid serving pulled us through some tough situations this year, keep swinging.

Nikki Brook s#3- Thank you for you determination to be a better volleyball player, for your hard work. You are going places, BIG places.

Bri Shoemake #45- You were called upon to play in a high-pressure situation. Thank you for your calm confidence behind the end line.

Libby Peigen#4- Keep swinging like you?re 6?1. Don?t let anyone look down upon you. You play huge volleyball.

-Sarah

Dear Floor Burn,

I know you get your name for the GOD given talent that will take you to the next level. I have only seen Class from you, team mates and other coaches that I know from Chatt-Town. I love the smile you have when you are playing. I know you hold your head high but not as high as the man taking pictures that I talked with. He is a proud papa of you. Just know Zero is my hero, good luck with Club and at Lee they are getting one of the best. Chattanooga did really well with 2 teams in the State Finals.

-Sarah

You forgot to mention one other senior and that was "00", their libero. She is a great young lady that will go far both on the court and off the court. Good luck next year and in the future at Lee, we look forward to seeing you at some of the matches next year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Announcements