GO CHOCTAWS

10sdad

I don't think anyone one person should be singled out for loss of a game.What is important is that you look at your faults and see where you can improve in the future.To single out a single person is detremental to T-E-A-M!To pick up the pieces and improve on your faults and not dwell on them is the definition of team in my book. Courage in the face of adversity! What people seem to forget is the way these kids are taught can directly impact the rest of their lives. I believe in positive reenforcement and accountability of actions.I am so not an expert on football but what I enjoy is seeing these young people grow through sports. Negativety breeds more. GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more! Thanks!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey 73choctawqb, gotta question for you. You seem to be one of the more knowledgeable, or should I say one of the FEW knowledgable people to visit this forum. I would like your assessment of Logan Parker? You were an outsanding qb back in the early 70's on an outstanding team....did you ever fumble the ball????.....did you ever have a botched play????....did you ever miss an assignment????.....I actually stood on the sidelines at one of your games the year you guys went all the way and heard your dad chew you out royaly for not handing the ball off to McClure on an option play...in his words "Steve, that was a touchdown!" (If I recall correctly either you or he scored anyway on the next play or two.)My point is that everybody's going to make mistakes. Nobody's perfect, and I for one think Logan Parker was the kind of addition to the DHS program that has given them an opportunity to be better than they were before. I would dare say most of these folks writing in have never been down in the trenches, put out the sweat and blood, and had their butt handed to them occasionally, like the kids who are out there fighting every Friday night!!!! Thanks!

SURE ! Everybody's gonna make mistakes ! the offense that the Trojans run is not that simple ! As for fumbles I still have two that haunt me to this day , because they likely cost us "BACK TO BACK" ! 10 - 0 playin' a team that you play 100 times you'd beat 99 BUT......... that night I dropped two kicks inside the 20 yd line ! I think Parker has great ability to read the option. Opposing teams are forcing him to keep the ball in order to keep it out of the hands of Taylor & Caldwell. In so far as fumbling snaps, well it happens & many variables enter into the botched exchange. For example who besides the Trojans know what was called. D.C. had good pressure all night. Did the center bobble ..... did Parker pull out too quickly ? ........ Only those two know ! Additionally IF they are TEAM MATES they will share the blame, AND take about a hundred snaps to be sure that it doesn't happen again ! The Trojans will be fine. Everyone that knows anything about the game knows that Friday nights game would come down to big plays & mistakes. The staff at Dyersburg knows how to fix things. The Trojans are very disciplined & play sound football. But with the offense they run, you take what is given & roll with it ! Nobody needs to be down on Parker. The Trojans nor THE FANS don't need to point fingers ! They simply need to fix it if it's broken & FORGET last Friday ! It's HISTORY ! Focus 100% on Covington & nothing else ! Not the playoffs, not the loss to the Choctaws & not a potential rematch ............ JUST COVINGTON ! It's best that both Choctaws & Trojans aapproach the coming weeks from that perspective !

GO CHOCTAWS & GO TROJANS !

SURE ! Everybody's gonna make mistakes ! the offense that the Trojans run is not that simple ! As for fumbles I still have two that haunt me to this day , because they likely cost us "BACK TO BACK" ! 10 - 0 playin' a team that you play 100 times you'd beat 99 BUT......... that night I dropped two kicks inside the 20 yd line ! I think Parker has great ability to read the option. Opposing teams are forcing him to keep the ball in order to keep it out of the hands of Taylor & Caldwell. In so far as fumbling snaps, well it happens & many variables enter into the botched exchange. For example who besides the Trojans know what was called. D.C. had good pressure all night. Did the center bobble ..... did Parker pull out too quickly ? ........ Only those two know ! Additionally IF they are TEAM MATES they will share the blame, AND take about a hundred snaps to be sure that it doesn't happen again ! The Trojans will be fine. Everyone that knows anything about the game knows that Friday nights game would come down to big plays & mistakes. The staff at Dyersburg knows how to fix things. The Trojans are very disciplined & play sound football. But with the offense they run, you take what is given & roll with it ! Nobody needs to be down on Parker. The Trojans nor THE FANS don't need to point fingers ! They simply need to fix it if it's broken & FORGET last Friday ! It's HISTORY ! Focus 100% on Covington & nothing else ! Not the playoffs, not the loss to the Choctaws & not a potential rematch ............ JUST COVINGTON ! It's best that both Choctaws & Trojans aapproach the coming weeks from that perspective !

GO CHOCTAWS & GO TROJANS !

Thanks! I really feel for the kid for all the adversity he's been through this year. With the broken thumb on his throwing hand and having half of Obion County mad at him for coming to Dyersburg

No problem ! I thought he looked good last Friday. I couldn't tell if there were busted routes or what in regard to the passing game. If he has the "heart of a champion"......adversity & challenges will only make him stronger. In football as in life, you WILL be tested. It's all in how you respond TO THE CHALLENGES !

AMEN!

I don't know that I've ever seen a team play up to its potential as much as Dyer County is. I've been a Trojan supporter for years. As I stood there watching what was almost an instant classic of a game unfold, I had to admire the job the Choctaw kids and coaching staff have done! They're not extremely big (although they DO have some big, strong guys), they don't appear to be exceptionally fast (although they do have a little speedster or two), but they execute well on both sides of the ball and play with a world of purpose and confidence. I have lots of friends who are Choctaw parents and alumni and I mentioned to more than one of them over the weekend that watching Dyer County fighting their guts out on every play was absolutely refreshing, even though I was cheering for the other side......Funny story....at least one prominent Choctaw player goes to our church....great young man....great parents....one of the ladies that also attends church with us was up screaming for someone to "hit" this young man on a certain play, but as soon as she got "HIT HIM" out of her mouth she followed it up by screaming, "but don't HURT him!!!" Thought it was really funny! Let's play hard, play tough, strive to win, but remember that we're friends and neighbors. We work together, we hang out together, we go to church together....We've got 2 great football teams in our community this year....one will lose somewhere along the line and maybe both will....but lets keep cheering each other on and ride this unbelievable season out for as long as it lasts...Congratulations on a marvelous season Choctaws! Go Choctaws...Go Trojans...

Congrats to the Choctaws #4 in the latest A.P. Poll. But remember... they don't hand out gold balls based on a poll. You gotta earn it.

MY CONGRATS TO THE #4 CHOCTAWS= YALL VERY WELL DESERVE IT YOUNG MEN. ALSO MY CONGRATS TO COACH RENSHAW AS "TITANS COACH OF THE WEEK". YOU ARE CORRECT, THE GOLD BALLS DONT COME WITHOUT MUCH SACRIFICE OF BODY,SPIRIT AND HEART THAT HAS EXPLEMFIED THE DC CHOCTAWS THROUGH OUT THIS YEAR! WE IN DYER COUNTY HAVE VERY MUCH TO BE "PROUD" OF WITH" BOTH" OUR TEAMS SHOWING THE "HEART" OF CHAMPIONS ! FRIDAYS GAME WAS A "CLASSIC" YOUNG MEN THAT NEVER WILL BE FORGOTTEN. I WAS THROUGHLY IMPRESSED WITH THE HARD PLAY BY BOTH ,HOWEVER THE "SPORTSMANSHIP" BY BOTH TEAMS IS WHATS ITS ALL ABOUT WIN OR LOSE ! FOCUS FOCUS, EXECUTE, EXECUTE,EXECUTE! GO TROJANS! GO CHACTAWS !!