McEwen vs. Jo Byrns

MOTO24

HOWDY YA'LL!!! I'm coming in LIVE from Amarillo, TX...so yes (for the hundreth time today) I'll be there by mornin'.

I just ate at the Big Texan-Home of the 72oz'er and I'm gonna check out the Cadillac Ranch tomorrow. That has been a long time dream of mine and I had no idea I'd be this close 'till I saw it on a map at the airport.

I saw the polls and stats in the Tenn. today and congrats to those that made the lists. But there is still business to tend to...The Mac-town Warriors.

Ya'll players stay focused. Don't let this be a let down game after last week or look past McEwen towards the playoffs. Take MOTO's advise to heart and have a great week of practice.

Hopefully I'll have a good net connection tomorrow while I'm out here.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are players that get on here and read these post, We as fans don't need to put an doubt in the minds of our platers. If you don't think we can win don't let our boys know. Because if they think that they can not win why even show up. Thats is why I can say our boys has the same chance to win as Jo Byrns does. So go get em boys.................GO BIG RED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Amen and Amen again. If we don't have the utmost faith in our team, and show up to give them our support, then who do they have? As for the posts by someone who supposedly is a Warrior, if this is the best you have to give our guys, then (speaking as a parent) please do not get on here and give any predictions. The only thing that I will agree on is the fact that there are times when I wish our crowd and our student body would cheer and support our guys on the field a little more than they do. I realize that it just isn't the thing for some people. As for me, I can't sit still. I probably even embarrass my own husband and mother at times, but I just can't help it. I started thinking about this game last Saturday morning and more every day since then.

You ask the question, "Can our guys win this game?" With everything that is in me, I say,"YES!" Will it be easy? "Absolutely not." I told my son that if they show up to really play ball, and I mean REALLY PLAY BALL, then they have just as much a chance at this game as Jo Byrns. I would never tell him any different. They are smart players. They have seen the stats. They have played this game long enough now to know that when they walk out on that field, they have to play with the guts and determination and heart that they showed us at the Forrest game and the Eagleville game. I have never seen such a game as I saw when we played Forrest. It brought tears to my eyes and most every McEwen player and coaches that night. It was really very moving.

I hope that there are more McEwen people on here who are reading and just not posting. I hope that you all will show up to prove our doubters wrong. As for the posters who claim to be McEwen fans, but aren't proving it by your posts, if you really don't think we can win this game, don't bother to make the drive. The price of gas is too high.

GO WARRIORS!!

texasinmactown.....do not get the idea that I am trying to start a "inner conflict" like cascade11 said.....I agree there is no point in that, but some of this is just non sense.....I can see a team's fans having an impact during the game.....BUT IF A TEAM THINKS THAT THEIR FANS AREN'T BEHIND THEM THE WHY TRY.......well I do not know how you think but I sure do not play for the fan's satisfaction.....I would be playing to win for my self, my team, and the gold ball at the end of the season and that is about it......In no way at all would the fan base come in to whether or not I would want to play hard in win.... Yes Cascade11 I am a McEwen supporter have been, always will be, but like I said texasinmactown.....I SPEAK THE TRUTH, not pointless dribble....as far as being a true fan...I have maybe missed 10 games in 6 years....most being away....I LOVE THE WARRIORS....but I also have common sense the score of

JB............35

McEwen....7

is my prediction of what i think the score will be......NOT WHAT I HOPE IT WILL BE, and once again I will say if players got here look, and post smack I am sure it will not change how they feel about the game.....I SURE KNOW IT WOULDN'T MINE....I walk into everygame thinking my team will run over my opponent, but that is the mindset you have to have as a player in every sport.....ALSO there is no double meaning here and there never has been.....What my prediction is and what I hope the score will be are two entirely different things..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

texasinmactown.....do not get the idea that I am trying to start a "inner conflict" like cascade11 said.....I agree there is no point in that, but some of this is just non sense.....I can see a team's fans having an impact during the game.....BUT IF A TEAM THINKS THAT THEIR FANS AREN'T BEHIND THEM THE WHY TRY.......well I do not know how you think but I sure do not play for the fan's satisfaction.....I would be playing to win for my self, my team, and the gold ball at the end of the season and that is about it......In no way at all would the fan base come in to whether or not I would want to play hard in win.... Yes Cascade11 I am a McEwen supporter have been, always will be, but like I said texasinmactown.....I SPEAK THE TRUTH, not pointless dribble....as far as being a true fan...I have maybe missed 10 games in 6 years....most being away....I LOVE THE WARRIORS....but I also have common sense the score of

JB............35

McEwen....7

is my prediction of what i think the score will be......NOT WHAT I HOPE IT WILL BE, and once again I will say if players got here look, and post smack I am sure it will not change how they feel about the game.....I SURE KNOW IT WOULDN'T MINE....I walk into everygame thinking my team will run over my opponent, but that is the mindset you have to have as a player in every sport.....ALSO there is no double meaning here and there never has been.....What my prediction is and what I hope the score will be are two entirely different things..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

mtownballer............ I'm not going to argue with you, as you said your are a warrior fan. With your post you must be one of this kind of fan, when they win you stand by the gate and say good job, But when they fall short you stand at the gate and say you should have played better....... That is what I'm getting from you.................................... I have missed 10 game also but my missed game are due to being at my other son football games.................." you said that you walk into even game thinking that your team will run over my opponent, but that is the mindest that you have to have" BUT THEN STATED THE SCORE WOULD BE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey Moto, Why you And Red Devil 44 Treating Me Like Benedict Arnold And Crap. Jeez I Give My Rebels A Lil Pep Talk About You Guys And This Is What I Get. I Knew I Shoulda Squeezed Your Hand A Lil Harder While I Had It In My Grip. I Like JoByrns And Its Fans. But I Love My Rebels And If We Meet To Play This Year I Will Still Feel The Same. And After Ya'll Come By Butchie's To Eat All You Can You'll feel The Same. I Have Met Alot Of Great People With Alot Of Hospitality And I Hope I Can Return the Favor. But Right Now We Got Some Work to Do So As Ya'll. But Just To Let Ya Know I'm Still A Fan of JoByrns, Cascade, McEwen, WHH. But NCS I Don't Know Bout them Guys. And I Still Want A Hoodie Prof54. So get On It. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Boy This Room Went Cold When I Left Huh? Moto You Wanted Football Chat And Now Look. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Benie, I mean Butchie we've just got to mess with you a little bit. Like I said in another thread, you're always welcome in the Dungeon. I know you've got to support your Rebels first and JB second.

you got it as far as the the mindset of the players and what it thoguht the score would be.....That would be my mindset if i were playing.....my score is a prediction as a fan....A one of a kind fan....maybe...I don't know....I just know when I'm playing I have a different view of the game than when I'm watching from the stands...I'm not downing my team, I'm just saying what I think will happen, I hope is it is the other way though.....I mean isn't this a thread on Jo Byrns or McEwen who will win, and who will lose and face MTP...or what....I do not understand how I am so wrong...I mean it they are the second ranked team in the state, with more athletes at skill positions, they beat a team we got beat by, by 30+ points... Doesn't this make sense as a prediction...

Just wondering have you been to McEwen games in the past few years before this year...haven't see you around before this year....where you in texas???, I have seen you at several games this year...this is not a poke at your support for McEwen, I just haven't seen you before....

I Have To Admit I Do Draw A Crowd. And I Saw McEwen Play Cascade Earlier This Year. But I Aint Dead I Just Been Working LOL. But I Do Appreciate The Kind Words Just Send The Flowers To Jughead's House. {LOGGER169} For Those Of You Who Don't Know. And Predarat For Moderator. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 And If You See A Woman With 8 Kids, It's SB38. Looks Like A Family Of Ducks Headed To The Concession Stand. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

That's not true Butchie I only have five. Y'all come say Hi I will be working the concession stand Friday.

you got it as far as the the mindset of the players and what it thoguht the score would be.....That would be my mindset if i were playing.....my score is a prediction as a fan....A one of a kind fan....maybe...I don't know....I just know when I'm playing I have a different view of the game than when I'm watching from the stands...I'm not downing my team, I'm just saying what I think will happen, I hope is it is the other way though.....I mean isn't this a thread on Jo Byrns or McEwen who will win, and who will lose and face MTP...or what....I do not understand how I am so wrong...I mean it they are the second ranked team in the state, with more athletes at skill positions, they beat a team we got beat by, by 30+ points... Doesn't this make sense as a prediction...

Just wondering have you been to McEwen games in the past few years before this year...haven't see you around before this year....where you in texas???, I have seen you at several games this year...this is not a poke at your support for McEwen, I just haven't seen you before....

I'm From Texas. I have been Tenn. since 1985, I have two son that go to McEwen, and one of them will be graduate this year. And the other one will graduate next year. If you think that you know who I am then who is my son # he is a starter................................

Sorry, all my Jo Byrns friends. I'll have to be rooting for McEwen this week for the same reasons you'll be rooting for Cascade. I hope both teams stay injury free Friday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It seems very unfair that we have to cheer for you knowing that you are not cheering for us. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />