Cheatham County vs. Page

outsidecontained

WWHHAATTTT?????? No live broadcast? How can that be? The last game of the regular season....what has the world come to?

Our LIVE game this week will be Harpeth at Sycamore. It the "I-24/I-40 CloverLeaf Trophy Clash" and there are a lot of folks in the county that care about that one as well.

If you are unable to make it this week just give me some calls or I will call you perioically and get you the updates as much as possible.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page's offense is explosive. #9 Neel is a very good player at quarterback. #32 Dowd, #18 Bagsby, & #16 Meenach are all three good receivers who run good routes and catch the football. #2 Lankford & #22 Blankenship are both backs that played last year and this year and both are not only good runners but they can both catch passes out of the backfield as well. Page's screen game is nice. Their linemen are the athletic quick type and do not really rely on the old brand of physical hit you in the mouth style of football. When Page needs to go heavy though at times they do have an excellent fullback in #43 Parker (who is their best defensive lineman as well).

I do agree with bulldog that this will likely be a shootout at Mike Jareau Field on Friday night. Both teams have good kickers. #34 Rion for Page may be the top kicker in the region. That is saying a lot for a region that has kickers like Patel (Spring Hill), Shelton (Creek Wood), & Lehning (David Lipscomb).

Potts is a huge addition for the Cubs offensive attack. With he and Rhinehart back the Cubs can do the things that they have always done to be successful. The offensive line has been coming on of late but they are going to have to play another great game this week. Page's defensive front is very solid with #43 Parker & #51 Brann. #2 Lankford is a good player at linebacker and #9 Neel may be one of the better safeties in the entire region. The Cubs receivers have really came on since Potts came back. The Cubs have 6 PLAYERS who have TD catches on the season. Justin Batts is expected to return for this one. He along with Tyler Anderson, Tyler Adkisson, Zack Wilson, & Brandon Theriault are all targets and threats to catch TD passes at all times. That's the great thing about being diverse on offense.

All in all I can't say enough good things about Page's football team and the way that they have come on late in this season. THEY WILL PRESENT CHALLENGES TO THE CUBS LIKE NO OTHER!!! Spring Hill couldn't protect Smith against the Cubs defense. Creek Wood couldn't run outisde because Dollard was limited against the Cubs and they had a good solid defensive gameplan for that one. Montgomery Central could not line up and pund it up the gut against the Cubs because again the defense was stout against the run.

Unfortunately this game will not be broadcast LIVE on WQSV AM790 this week but it can be heard via tape-delay broadcast on Saturday morning at 7:00am preceeding the post-week ten edition of Sports Round Table which will take place at 8:30am on Saturday morning LIVE from McDonald's in Ashland City. HOPEFULLY THIS WEEKEND I'LL GET THE CHANCE TO PREVIEW SOME PLAYOFF FOOTBALL FOR BOTH THE CUBS & THE SYCAMORE WAR EAGLES!!!!

If I were Cheathams coach, I would run behind #71 all night bc he absolutely dominated CW's d-line!!!! He will do the same to page's!!!!!!1

This will be a good game. I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win. I would only be surprised by a blowout.

Page has gotten better as the year has gone along. They run a good scheme on offense, defense, and special teams.

Cheatham County is a solid program. This due to the hard work of their coaches and players. The are not blessed with tremendous speed and athleticism, but they play hard and will hit your butt.

I think they Cubs will be prepared and their edge in toughness allows them to get the win and move on to the playoffs.

Big Country....today will be your last chance to forfeit..............

The Cubs tried to do that in week four when they had to go to David Lipscomb /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

28-0 midway through the first quarter is a feeling that is scary. If they would have kept Rogers, Davis, Simpson, Holt, Moneypenny, & Tenpenny on the field offensively that night it might have been a game that could have saw a team score 200 points.

The Cubs defense did hold David Lipscomb running back Jeremy Holt to his lowest total of the season (1 carry for 9 yards and a touchdown) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS I AM PROUD OF THIS CUBS TEAM THOUGH FOR THE WAY THAT THE GUYS HAVE BATTLED & PUT THEMSELVES IN A POSITION TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Since the 0-6 start this team has been improving with every passing week. Against Spring Hill the running game and the defensive pressure on Smith were the difference. Against Creek Wood it was a combination of Potts & the running game + a defense that limited a big play Red Hawks rushing attack and forced a turnover that set up the game winning TD. Against Montgomery Central the rush defense was solid again hitting folks hard all night and Potts again had a solid performance. Rhinehart played well in the third quarter to eliminated any hopes for a Montgomery Central rally. Against Page it's going to have to be a defense that can prevent big plays from a potent Page offense that has two good backs + a very good quarterback (and five good receivers). The Cubs offense will again have to be able to have Potts make some plays and have Rhinehart run the football.

75 HOURS AWAY FROM KICKOFF TIME BULLDOG!!!!!!

I hope that the Page coaches keep an eye on the tight end for pass plays. That killed us in 02.

I do know that both teams are much more confident.

My biggest concern is Spring Hill. Outside of three very long plays against Page, they were very lackluster in everything. I wonder if they have thrown in the towel and Creekwood gets the laydown handed to them.

I hope that the Page coaches keep an eye on the tight end for pass plays. That killed us in 02.

I do know that both teams are much more confident.

My biggest concern is Spring Hill. Outside of three very long plays against Page, they were very lackluster in everything. I wonder if they have thrown in the towel and Creekwood gets the laydown handed to them.

Dollard played a total of 1 OFFENSIVE SNAP last week against Giles Co. for Creek Wood bulldog. He got a week of rest and should be ready to go for Creek Wood this week against Spring Hill.

The Raiders are just not very good against the run. Cheatham gashed them with Rhinehart. Page gashed them with Neel on the QB iso. Lipscomb gashed them like they usually gash everyone by running the trap and the sweep. Both Holt & Moneypenny had big runs every time they touched it. Giles gashed them with Houston rushing the football. Marshall ran all over them with Braden & Hightower in the second half (it was a good game up until the half).

Playing at home on "Senior Night" with much riding I just do not believe Creek Wood will lose to Spring Hill. The Raiders seem now to be playing out the season and with this one being a road game I wouldn't expect much of a threat to be posed to Creek Wood in this one (OUTSIDE OF MAGWAN SMITH'S POSSIBILTY OF MAKING PLAYS).

With Dollard healthier and Bell, Stokes, & Elliott all back there in a very good backfield I expect Creek Wood to be able to come out and run the football at will against Spring Hill.

A likely final to that one will be Creek Wood beating Spring Hill 42-14. Magwan Smith is usually good for 2-3 great plays per game on offense with his ability but he can't play defense and defend the run this week. Creek Wood knows this as well and they should exploit it (especially with a healthier Dollard on the field running the option).

Dollard played a total of 1 OFFENSIVE SNAP last week against Giles Co. for Creek Wood bulldog. He got a week of rest and should be ready to go for Creek Wood this week against Spring Hill.

The Raiders are just not very good against the run. Cheatham gashed them with Rhinehart. Page gashed them with Neel on the QB iso. Lipscomb gashed them like they usually gash everyone by running the trap and the sweep. Both Holt & Moneypenny had big runs every time they touched it. Giles gashed them with Houston rushing the football. Marshall ran all over them with Braden & Hightower in the second half (it was a good game up until the half).

Playing at home on "Senior Night" with much riding I just do not believe Creek Wood will lose to Spring Hill. The Raiders seem now to be playing out the season and with this one being a road game I wouldn't expect much of a threat to be posed to Creek Wood in this one (OUTSIDE OF MAGWAN SMITH'S POSSIBILTY OF MAKING PLAYS).

With Dollard healthier and Bell, Stokes, & Elliott all back there in a very good backfield I expect Creek Wood to be able to come out and run the football at will against Spring Hill.

A likely final to that one will be Creek Wood beating Spring Hill 42-14. Magwan Smith is usually good for 2-3 great plays per game on offense with his ability but he can't play defense and defend the run this week. Creek Wood knows this as well and they should exploit it (especially with a healthier Dollard on the field running the option).

Cw has always had an offense based on running the ball!!!! That is good for Cw that springhill cant stop the run!!!