Cheatham County vs. Page

outsidecontained

Now, Big Country, are you trying to psyche us out?

All we can do is try to beat you guys. All I know is that all the Spring Hill people have disappeared from Coacht.

If Spring Hill does a laydown and Creekwood walks all over them...I can't help that. Where is all that Raider pride that was on here all year?

Magwan needs help........if I was SH I would put 10 in the box and let Magwan play centerfield.

We have to win two fights to get in...beat Cheatham and see if SH stands up to CW. So you think the game will be a 42-14 slaughter in Creekwood's favor???? ....ouch!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we can do is try to beat you guys. All I know is that all the Spring Hill people have disappeared from Coacht.

If Spring Hill does a laydown and Creekwood walks all over them...I can't help that. Where is all that Raider pride that was on here all year?

Magwan needs help........if I was SH I would put 10 in the box and let Magwan play centerfield.

We have to win two fights to get in...beat Cheatham and see if SH stands up to CW. So you think the game will be a 42-14 slaughter in Creekwood's favor???? ....ouch!!!

No reverse psychology or anything of the sort intended bulldog. Creek Wood is pretty decent with a healthy Dollard on the field. I'm certainly glad they played David Lipscomb the week prior to playing Cheatham Co.

Spring Hill is a team that is horrible against the run. Against the pass they are pretty decent. Owens & Smith are two good defensive backs. Every team in the region, outside of Montgomery Central, has beaten Spring Hill due to the fact that they've hammered the Raiders rush defense. LOOK FOR CREEK WOOD TO DO MUCH OF THE SAME!!!!

Are you making the trip to Ashand City this week????? If not give me a call and I'll get the updates from both games flying out to you. I have to call the Page @ Cheatham Co. game & get updates on the following games for both Sycamore & Cheatham Co. and their playoff hopes:

Harpeth at Sycamore

Macon Co. at DeKalb Co.

White House at Greenbrier

Spring Hill at Creek Wood

I'll also be getting occasional updates from Station Camp @ Pearl Cohn & Giles Co. at Marshall Co. this week as well throughout the night.

No reverse psychology or anything of the sort intended bulldog. Creek Wood is pretty decent with a healthy Dollard on the field. I'm certainly glad they played David Lipscomb the week prior to playing Cheatham Co.

Spring Hill is a team that is horrible against the run. Against the pass they are pretty decent. Owens & Smith are two good defensive backs. Every team in the region, outside of Montgomery Central, has beaten Spring Hill due to the fact that they've hammered the Raiders rush defense. LOOK FOR CREEK WOOD TO DO MUCH OF THE SAME!!!!

Are you making the trip to Ashand City this week????? If not give me a call and I'll get the updates from both games flying out to you. I have to call the Page @ Cheatham Co. game & get updates on the following games for both Sycamore & Cheatham Co. and their playoff hopes:

Harpeth at Sycamore

Macon Co. at DeKalb Co.

White House at Greenbrier

Spring Hill at Creek Wood

I'll also be getting occasional updates from Station Camp @ Pearl Cohn & Giles Co. at Marshall Co. this week as well throughout the night.

Page's offense is explosive. #9 Neel is a very good player at quarterback. #32 Dowd, #18 Bagsby, & #16 Meenach are all three good receivers who run good routes and catch the football. #2 Lankford & #22 Blankenship are both backs that played last year and this year and both are not only good runners but they can both catch passes out of the backfield as well. Page's screen game is nice. Their linemen are the athletic quick type and do not really rely on the old brand of physical hit you in the mouth style of football. When Page needs to go heavy though at times they do have an excellent fullback in #43 Parker (who is their best defensive lineman as well).

I do agree with bulldog that this will likely be a shootout at Mike Jareau Field on Friday night. Both teams have good kickers. #34 Rion for Page may be the top kicker in the region. That is saying a lot for a region that has kickers like Patel (Spring Hill), Shelton (Creek Wood), & Lehning (David Lipscomb).

Potts is a huge addition for the Cubs offensive attack. With he and Rhinehart back the Cubs can do the things that they have always done to be successful. The offensive line has been coming on of late but they are going to have to play another great game this week. Page's defensive front is very solid with #43 Parker & #51 Brann. #2 Lankford is a good player at linebacker and #9 Neel may be one of the better safeties in the entire region. The Cubs receivers have really came on since Potts came back. The Cubs have 6 PLAYERS who have TD catches on the season. Justin Batts is expected to return for this one. He along with Tyler Anderson, Tyler Adkisson, Zack Wilson, & Brandon Theriault are all targets and threats to catch TD passes at all times. That's the great thing about being diverse on offense.

All in all I can't say enough good things about Page's football team and the way that they have come on late in this season. THEY WILL PRESENT CHALLENGES TO THE CUBS LIKE NO OTHER!!! Spring Hill couldn't protect Smith against the Cubs defense. Creek Wood couldn't run outisde because Dollard was limited against the Cubs and they had a good solid defensive gameplan for that one. Montgomery Central could not line up and pund it up the gut against the Cubs because again the defense was stout against the run.

Unfortunately this game will not be broadcast LIVE on WQSV AM790 this week but it can be heard via tape-delay broadcast on Saturday morning at 7:00am preceeding the post-week ten edition of Sports Round Table which will take place at 8:30am on Saturday morning LIVE from McDonald's in Ashland City. HOPEFULLY THIS WEEKEND I'LL GET THE CHANCE TO PREVIEW SOME PLAYOFF FOOTBALL FOR BOTH THE CUBS & THE SYCAMORE WAR EAGLES!!!!

I love Big Country's Lou Holtz impersonation!

He always makes it seem like Cheatham County is about to play the New England Patriots!

I think Page will make for good competition and possibly beat Cheatham County, but come on BC Page is like 3-6. The cubs are playing the Page Patriots...not the New England Patriots!

Bulldog,

While I do think Page has a 50/50 shot at winning this week, their chances of making the playoffs are about 1/100. If Spring Hill doesn't keep it close early I am afraid they will fold. IMO, Creek Wood's players are a lot tougher. Everygame the Raiders literally have players laying down on the field. They get hurt more than any team I have ever seen. They definitely have to work on their toughness before next year.

ok this is how it is.. last few weeks cubs been rollin..this week no difference.. heres the key cubs reievers adkisson wilson and theirault step up make big plays and qb potts will def make the throws nothin to worry bout...then their runnin game which has been fine lately step up rhinehart will have great game rushing for over 100 yards and poundin it down their throat... next big jerry have a huge impact in the defensive game and shut down the run with their front seven or so..... and good special teams that pablo has to make sure he is key in all his kicks.. and last but not least i call predictions... cubs win 35-13

ps. potts throws for 4 td's two to theirault and one each to adkisson and wilson... another big player rhinehart has td.. cubs roll in win and celebrate their way to play offs for SIXTH straight year..

I love Big Country's Lou Holtz impersonation!

He always makes it seem like Cheatham County is about to play the New England Patriots!

I think Page will make for good competition and possibly beat Cheatham County, but come on BC Page is like 3-6. The cubs are playing the Page Patriots...not the New England Patriots!

Cheatham Co. never AND WILL CONTINUE TO NEVER take any opponent lightly. I don't care if it's Page, Montgomery Central, Marshall Co., Giles Co., Creek Wood, Spring Hill, Sycamore, Greenbrier, or David Lipscomb. THEY ARE ALL OF EQUAL IMPORTANCE ONCE GAME WEEK ARRIVES & THIS WEEK IT'S ABOUT FINDING WAYS TO BEAT PAGE!!!!

If Cheatham Co. takes the field with the mind set that "Page is like 3-6" then they will be going to the playoffs next week HOWEVER they'll have to buy tickets to see the game because they will not be playing. It's always had to be this way for Cheatham Co. to win games.

This is the way that coach Finley has taught his players to view each game and this is why his players always bring everything they've got to the field on Friday nights. As ball4life20 stated in the previous post IF the Cubs are able to win this week then it will be the sixth straight season in which the team has gone to the playoffs. This is Cody Finley's sixth season as head football coach at CCCHS.

Big Country...I had a tough choice to make this week...go to Ashland city or Indy to see the Colts/Pats. I have to go to Indy. Will check with you on games scores.

While my Page guys not only need to win, they need some help from SH. Since no one from that school has even started a thread or come on here to rebut the Spring Hill laydown....I am not even sure SH is making the trip to Creekwood. Instead SH looks like they are going down as a one year wonder and that really surprises me.

If Page gets rolling early, then I like their chances. One thing is for sure, no one accused the Patriots of taking anyone lightly this year. I thought a good year for us would be 5-5 or 4-6...could still happen.

By the way, will the officiating crew be out of Clarksville this week? If so....flag happy city

Big Country...I had a tough choice to make this week...go to Ashland city or Indy to see the Colts/Pats. I have to go to Indy. Will check with you on games scores.

While my Page guys not only need to win, they need some help from SH. Since no one from that school has even started a thread or come on here to rebut the Spring Hill laydown....I am not even sure SH is making the trip to Creekwood. Instead SH looks like they are going down as a one year wonder and that really surprises me.

If Page gets rolling early, then I like their chances. One thing is for sure, no one accused the Patriots of taking anyone lightly this year. I thought a good year for us would be 5-5 or 4-6...could still happen.

By the way, will the officiating crew be out of Clarksville this week? If so....flag happy city

Call on in and I'll get you the scores. PLEASE TELL ME THAT THE GOOD LOOKIN' BLONDE THAT I SAW AT THE GILES COUNTY-PAGE GAME A FEW WEEKS AGO WILL BE MAKING THE TRIP!!! She was sitting beside the cheer coach and may have been a cheer coach herself. You know that I am desperate and need something good to look at throughout the night /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Granted that Creek Wood, Cheatham County and Page would each be excited about making the playoffs, of these 3 teams, who would match up better against Fayette Ware?

Based on the Games with Lipscomb during this season, Creek Wood would fare better. However, The Coaching Staff at CC might have their team better prepared for the game. Since Page hasn't tasted it for awhile, I don't know if they would have it in them. Not sure if their new but experienced Coach could make that bit of difference.

Just some thoughts.

Call on in and I'll get you the scores. PLEASE TELL ME THAT THE GOOD LOOKIN' BLONDE THAT I SAW AT THE GILES COUNTY-PAGE GAME A FEW WEEKS AGO WILL BE MAKING THE TRIP!!! She was sitting beside the cheer coach and may have been a cheer coach herself. You know that I am desperate and need something good to look at throughout the night /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Watch out Bub...that was my niece