Region 8

werazzlin

Springfield and Hendersonville are always tough I'm sure they will have some tough guys. Jaeckel, Trealor?, who else?

What about Smyrna?

IMHO-These young men have all been to State and have a good chance to return.

Austin Large-103, Joseph Jones - 112/119, Ryan Treloar - 125/130, Drake Townsend - 119/125, Daniel Turner-135/140, Brandon Tucker - 152, Brett Jaeckel - 189, Corey Brown-Hwy

We have a few young men that I think can make an inpact, Fernado V is one of my fav's. He had the heart of a lion last year and could upset some folks at 160. Three of these young men are seniors and I hope they get seniorites and take it to the next level.

Good Luck Commando's

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought everybody was sayin jaeckel was going 171. Region 8 might not be that strong but it ain't no cakewalk.

i'm sure a bunch of teams have some studs on their team who are ready to show out. werazzlin might agree that just because a team wasn't super strong last year don't automatically write h-ville up as region champs again.

i thought everybody was sayin jaeckel was going 171. Region 8 might not be that strong but it ain't no cakewalk.

i'm sure a bunch of teams have some studs on their team who are ready to show out. werazzlin might agree that just because a team wasn't super strong last year don't automatically write h-ville up as region champs again.

Yeah, nothing is a given and Beech and WC have some Good Grapplers. I don't know what Mt J has in the wings. Just glad to see the twins graduate!

This year's Commando team will have 3 seniors and the next 3 years look good with the anchors they have as Jrs and sophs. I have not had a chance to watch are Freshmen but we have some wholes to fill.

BTW- Don't forget our young woman grappler. She could beat half the young men in our Region IMHO!

She has some nation experiance and some hardware to back it up.

Good Luck Emily.

smyrna should fill a whole lineup this year also and they have about 5 or 6 good wrestlers returning and three state qualifiers. the 215 was 2 points away from state last year and Matt martin should contend to win region at 135 or 140. Kyle saunders who was 145 last year got third as a freshman and should win region at 160 this year. Frazier is either going 171 or 189 depending on where his weight is at after football. two time region medalist at 160.

smyrna should fill a whole lineup this year also and they have about 5 or 6 good wrestlers returning and three state qualifiers. the 215 was 2 points away from state last year and Matt martin should contend to win region at 135 or 140. Kyle saunders who was 145 last year got third as a freshman and should win region at 160 this year. Frazier is either going 171 or 189 depending on where his weight is at after football. two time region medalist at 160.

Sounds like the Purple are the team to watch!

See you on the mats.

Frazier might start off @ 189, but my guess is he is a 171!

He will be tough to beat.

What about 189, and 215

I think 189 will be the toughest class this year! I don't think we even

have a 189 yet @ WC?? 215 is going to be close as well. Results or lack of

results will have to speak for 215. I know of a few who have worked hard

and one has lost 29 lbs to prepare for his season @ 215. We will just have

to see what role strength plays in the 215 class?

IMHO-These young men have all been to State and have a good chance to return.

Austin Large-103, Joseph Jones - 112/119, Ryan Treloar - 125/130, Drake Townsend - 119/125, Daniel Turner-135/140, Brandon Tucker - 152, Brett Jaeckel - 189, Corey Brown-Hwy

We have a few young men that I think can make an inpact, Fernado V is one of my fav's. He had the heart of a lion last year and could upset some folks at 160. Three of these young men are seniors and I hope they get seniorites and take it to the next level.

Good Luck Commando's

WOW!!! 8 returning state qualifiers!!! those commandos are looking pretty good. There is a possibility they could have 8 state qualifiers again this year. wow, With 145 and HWT getting the fourth place into the state then might be even more.