Mad as Heck

bear cat brown

Here's the thing that chaps my bigger than usual lilly white @@@

I believe that 90% of the 4th place finisher in Region 4 should go to the State.

When you have the likes of Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah, Red Bank, Hixson, and everyones favorite Notre Dame, in the same Region, it leaves some very good wrestlers at home.

Why not have a 4th place tournament with the winner going to State, instead of having Uncle Ronnie determine that since Region Whatever has 25 teams, that they deserve more Qualifiers. What a joke.....

Am I wrong in my feeble mind ? O yes O no

We would be glad to host this 2 hour tournament and then the State could have the best 32 wrestlers there and not what Uncle Ronnie wants.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Don't give BCB facts! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Facts are way over-rated and to time consuming,but........................

Over the last two seasons,(cause that 's all I've been around) Region 4 hasn't been to shabby..

1 Soddy Daisy

3 Everyone's Favorite Notre Dame

6 Ooltewah

17 Red Bank

19 medalist for a % of 23

1 Soddy Daisy

4 Ooltewah

7 Irish

13 Red Bank

18 medalist for a % of 21

Help me ol' wise one in Bradley (BB),for I know you can give me all other regions and their success.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I kind of liked the way the old regions were, with teams like Clarksville, Hendersonville, Kenwood and other teams in region 7 and the humongous region with the Williamson and Rutherford county teams as well as Coffee county and wilson county teams excluding Mt. Juliet. If it were up to me the way regions work would be like that, except have the memphis region and Region 1 only qualifying 3 and with the other 2 places going to that extremely large Middle TN region. I know it probably will never happen, just my 2 cents.

With the exception of Bradley and Soddy, the strength of most teams fluctuate a lot. Would you move around which region got a 4th. Another tournament is not logistically feasible. How could a Region with 25 teams not deserve 4 or more places? I have been in Region 3 and Region 2. While Region 2 does not have a Bradley or Soddy, it has twice the number of better than average teams making for a brutal region tournament. I thought Region 2 didn't deserve 4 places until I coached in that tournament. Maybe some regions only deserve two places but how do you decide that and remain fair.

I kind of liked the way the old regions were, with teams like Clarksville, Hendersonville, Kenwood and other teams in region 7 and the humongous region with the Williamson and Rutherford county teams as well as Coffee county and wilson county teams excluding Mt. Juliet. If it were up to me the way regions work would be like that, except have the memphis region and Region 1 only qualifying 3 and with the other 2 places going to that extremely large Middle TN region. I know it probably will never happen, just my 2 cents.

Whoa my good man. Before you start stereotyping all regions. Region 1 will have 15 teams this year and they produce many fine wrestlers. There is always the bottom half of any region and Greeneville High is a load for any team win or lose. Don't forget the Toppers and DB Indians. When you have the OWLs and Soddy in your region you will always inflate the medal count. Hixon and Redbank would struggle with these squads. And If our BB was forced to go AA, which we are, will then the Devils would be in small school. The mini Chattanooga regions have their bottom halves as well. And every region (or most) can state an example where they dominated a weight class. About 4 years ago, Lets see /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> 275lb Crosby GHS 1st, Kingsport 3rd, SEast 4th and Chucky Doak losing by a last second point to East Ridge. Region I almost had 4 of the 6 places. Again every region has this story. Be careful when you ride the coat tails of the big boys (Soddy and Ooltewah) and over use the pronoun we. It's kinda like the old saying, "Do you gotta a frog in your pocket?"

This response is also to some Chattanooga posters that threw some of the above mention teams out there for public consumption.May I add that Clarksville is the only Middle Tn public school to have beaten GHS or SHHS in recent years in a duel meet.

noonesFOOL, are you saying the Irish rode on the coattails of Soddy and Ooltewah???

Do a little more research on Red Bank, and you will find them to be slightly better than you are giving them credit for.

I guess we with our defeat of Ooltewah 2 years ago and 3rd place finish in the State, and our 1 point lose to them in the final match of the day last year, that indeed we have jump on their backs and and riding on the Owls back.

noonesFOOL, are you saying the Irish rode on the coattails of Soddy and Ooltewah???

Do a little more research on Red Bank, and you will find them to be slightly better than you are giving them credit for.

I guess we with our defeat of Ooltewah 2 years ago and 3rd place finish in the State, and our 1 point lose to them in the final match of the day last year, that indeed we have jump on their backs and and riding on the Owls back.

I haven't seen bcb riding any owls but I know a ref that sure does want to kiss him.

I haven't seen bcb riding any owls but I know a ref that sure does want to kiss him.

You know the old saying Chattwrestling " what happens in Blackmon, stays in Blackmon"

It does seem that I need to work on my verbal skills, for sometimes my words are mis-con-screwed.

Maybe a muzzle would be better.