CPA - Goodpasture Updates

divepix

CPA leads at half 19-14 after leading 19-0 after the first play of the 2nd quarter.

GP kicked off - CPA ran right down the field for a 7-0 lead. Lowery runs it in.

GP had punt blocked and made the mistake of falling on the ball on their 1 yard line instead of taking the safety, CPA's Lowery runs it in on first play. PAT blocked. 13-0

GP fumbles on next possession at about midfield. CPA drives down field and scores. Misses PAT. 19-0.

CPA makes a strategic mistake and botches an onside kick, giving GP the ball at CPA's 43. GP several good runs to score and make PAT. 19-7

GP holds CPA at about midfield, CPA shanks punt for 6 yards, giving GP good field position again. GP several good runs and scores with about 3 minutes to go in half. 19-14.

CPA can't score in the last 2 minutes of the half.

Halftime: CPA 19 - GP 14

Both teams have made several mistakes with CPA making 4 big special teams mistakes, and GP having a blocked punt and fumble.

CPA having trouble stopping GP's run and CPA moving the ball well both on ground and passing. Should be a classic second half.

GP 43

CPA 32

Sorry Divepix. Kept waiting for you to update. I got the score off Fox 17 sports and confirmed on TSSAA website. Coach T scoreboard had the halftime score all night.

Sorry about not updating. Unfortunately, I was out of state on business and was trying to listen on Goodpasture's radio broadcast online, but my internet connection went down, so I lost the broadcast in the 3rd quarter.

I was wrong about this game. I thought it would be even and the team with the least mistakes would win. From what I heard and have since read, GP is the better team. CPA struggled stopping the run against good teams all year, and this game was no different. GP started slow, but for the last 3 quarters, they pretty much ran the ball at will.

Still proud of my CPA boys. THey can beat GP next week (I will be there), but it will take a perfect game and they will have to score in the 40's.

Sorry about not updating. Unfortunately, I was out of state on business and was trying to listen on Goodpasture's radio broadcast online, but my internet connection went down, so I lost the broadcast in the 3rd quarter.

I was wrong about this game. I thought it would be even and the team with the least mistakes would win. From what I heard and have since read, GP is the better team. CPA struggled stopping the run against good teams all year, and this game was no different. GP started slow, but for the last 3 quarters, they pretty much ran the ball at will.

Still proud of my CPA boys. THey can beat GP next week (I will be there), but it will take a perfect game and they will have to score in the 40's.

CPA couldn't stop the run around the end, however they handled them pretty well up the middle. I was surprised at how well CPA was running the ball until Starnes went out in the 3rd with cramps. He wasn't effective after that and then everything keyed on Lowery. Passing game was way, way off last night. On two different drives, long passes to Weir who was free from coverage were off. Both of those could have been touchdowns. It all came down to which team produced points in the 4th and it was GP. The winner of 1st round should go deep in playoffs. Both are strong teams.