South Pittsburg vs Trousdale County

TheLivingLegend

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Jackets on a great year. Build off this game tonight. To each of the senior players, a special thanks to you for helping leading the team this year. To next years players, continue to work hard, your future looks bright.

SP has a great team, and could easily win it all. Their speed was just too much tonight.

Zone, I took your suggestion and ate dinner with my wife at the place you recommended. The food and service was great. After we were seated a older man came up to our table and welcomed us to SP. What a nice gentleman, since we were the only people in the house with purple and gold on. Once inside the stadium we were greated by several SP fans, who also welcomed us. What nice people.

Just getting back in from the road trip. All i can say is WOW what speed. It has been awhile since i have seen speed like that and it's not just one player it's several. #21,#25, are speed demons and #24 is fast and is also a bull. He'll just flatout run over you. Heck of a team,great atmosphere, beatiful facilities and a cool town. As always i enjoyed getting the oppurtunity to come back to south pittsburg. I was glad i got to meet the infamous zonepirate. He's a real class act! I honestly don't see anyone slowing you guys down the rest of the way. I may be wrong but i've seen all of region 4 play this year against us of course and nothing in region 4 compares to the speed that i saw tonight. I know that there are some talented teams left in the playoffs but i just can't see anybody slowing y'all down. Thanks for everything and good luck the rest of the way.

Now to my boys! Great game guys! You did exactly what i hoped you would do [of course besides winning] You fought hard and never quit! Thats what Trousdale County football is all about and you made me proud. I saw no lack of effort from the purple and gold tonight great job!! Sometimes you just play a team thats better than you and we certainly did that tonight.To the seniors Scooby#55, Merryman#28 and Scruggs#24 you will be surely missed. I was glad i had the priviledge to enjoy watching y'all the last few years and hold your heads up high,always be proud to be a jacket!! To the underclassmen use this year as a motivation to strive to get better. Take the adversity that you have faced this year and grow from it. You have the oppurtunity to be something great the next few years so don't get lazy get motivated to be the best in 08. I can't hardly wait!!!! Oh and BTW great running by Josh Cunningham in the second half way to take it to em 32. I bet there's a few that will be sore tommorrow.

Just getting back in from the road trip. All i can say is WOW what speed. It has been awhile since i have seen speed like that and it's not just one player it's several. #21,#25, are speed demons and #24 is fast and is also a bull. He'll just flatout run over you. Heck of a team,great atmosphere, beatiful facilities and a cool town. As always i enjoyed getting the oppurtunity to come back to south pittsburg. I was glad i got to meet the infamous zonepirate. He's a real class act! I honestly don't see anyone slowing you guys down the rest of the way. I may be wrong but i've seen all of region 4 play this year against us of course and nothing in region 4 compares to the speed that i saw tonight. I know that there are some talented teams left in the playoffs but i just can't see anybody slowing y'all down. Thanks for everything and good luck the rest of the way.

Now to my boys! Great game guys! You did exactly what i hoped you would do [of course besides winning] You fought hard and never quit! Thats what Trousdale County football is all about and you made me proud. I saw no lack of effort from the purple and gold tonight great job!! Sometimes you just play a team thats better than you and we certainly did that tonight.To the seniors Scooby#55, Merryman#28 and Scruggs#24 you will be surely missed. I was glad i had the priviledge to enjoy watching y'all the last few years and hold your heads up high,always be proud to be a jacket!! To the underclassmen use this year as a motivation to strive to get better. Take the adversity that you have faced this year and grow from it. You have the oppurtunity to be something great the next few years so don't get lazy get motivated to be the best in 08. I can't hardly wait!!!! Oh and BTW great running by Josh Cunningham in the second half way to take it to em 32. I bet there's a few that will be sore tommorrow.

Good meetin you too. The Jackets were incredable. We have never had to play that hard all year. I went into the locker room after the game and told the TC kids how impressed I was with how they played. All they want to do was wish us good luck. Class acts all of them, Trousdale fans should be proud. A great bunch of kids and we sure don't look forward to facing them next year.

Jacketfan,

What grade is Dillon, #80something, had the long last pass catch against us on the last drive against us?

He is pretty good, and you guys will be good in the years to come.

Congrats on a good year, looking forward to '08.

Congratulations Jackets on a great year. Build off this game tonight. To each of the senior players, a special thanks to you for helping leading the team this year. To next years players, continue to work hard, your future looks bright.

SP has a great team, and could easily win it all. Their speed was just too much tonight.

Zone, I took your suggestion and ate dinner with my wife at the place you recommended. The food and service was great. After we were seated a older man came up to our table and welcomed us to SP. What a nice gentleman, since we were the only people in the house with purple and gold on. Once inside the stadium we were greated by several SP fans, who also welcomed us. What nice people.

You guys are always welocome in South Pittsburg. Come back down next Friday and please sit on the SP side. As good as your young team is I am sure SP will see TC again.

32-16 Congrats S.Pitt. I was not able to make it to the game, but heard it all on the radio. sound like a great football atmosphere there tonight. Thought we might be able to keep it a little closer (too strong).Got some good RBs in that back field.. Good luck in the upcoming weeks.

TC. you boy have done a great job this yr. No reason to hang your heads.. you've made great strives this yr. The future looks bright!!! To all the Srs. great job leading this young team. The leadership and the determination you've shown throughout the yr. has been noticed! Again Great job ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And to the Coaching Staff good job too.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

3-putt

The TC coach staff came up with things that they have not done all year.They had SP back on their heals at times. Amazing job of coaching and just like we thought the kids never quit. There was some hard hitting going on,

Jacketfan,

What grade is Dillon, #80something, had the long last pass catch against us on the last drive against us?

He is pretty good, and you guys will be good in the years to come.

Congrats on a good year, looking forward to '08.

#83 Austin Dillon is a JR. I tell ya he isn't big but he plays like a giant[alot of heart]. He's alot better on defense than he is on offense. I believe he's our leading tackler!! I'm already looking forward to next year.

32-16 Congrats S.Pitt. I was not able to make it to the game, but heard it all on the radio. sound like a great football atmosphere there tonight. Thought we might be able to keep it a little closer (too strong).Got some good RBs in that back field.. Good luck in the upcoming weeks.

TC. you boy have done a great job this yr. No reason to hang your heads.. you've made great strives this yr. The future looks bright!!! To all the Srs. great job leading this young team. The leadership and the determination you've shown throughout the yr. has been noticed! Again Great job ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And to the Coaching Staff good job too.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

3-putt

3-putt, congrats to TC on your season. Seems like you guys represented Hwy 25 awfully well tonight!

Well just got back and i'm gonna say my piece and head over to the FCS vs. South Pitt board.

Trousdale really could have used a passing game, their passing game accounted for zero yards that I remember and two turnovers that I remember. I have no doubt that South Pitt can cover the pass, but they weren't even tested in that area tonight. Trousdale played kinda akward looking in the first half, After halftime they came out and destroyed the third quarter. Running for 4, 5, 3, yards straight up the middle all the way down the field. i think South Pitt only had 5 offensive plays in the third quarter. I would also so that for the first 3 quarters of the game Trousdale was the more physical team. They did a great job with what they had but South Pitt just had to much talent for them. Once those boys got a half step on anyone they weren't going to be caught, tough to beat a team that has more talent.

South Pitt had one long run up the middle early, and other than that probobly had less than 40 up the middle. It will be interesting if they ever run into someone that can stop the run to the outside. I'm told tyner did just that so they have already passed that test. They had a nice little Jet play to #21 that they ran twice in 4 plays both of which went for touchdowns. I also think that #21 was the one who got flagged for the unsportsmanlike. If it wasn't him and it was another pirate that doesn't suprise me. Not many of them called but the jawing from South Pitt was all over the place and I must have seen half the team make a big tackle or big run and look at the Trousdale fans and give a half taunt or so. South Pitt is DANG FAST. especially that #5, reminded me of pat white from west virginia. he can cut on a dime and accelerate in half a yard. He gets my vote as a finalist for Mr. Football. Their Defense impressed me, they played well with speed but TC may have pointed out a weakness. South Pitt has alot of small and quick guys, but when TC came out after half they just pounded it. South Pitt encounters a team with a big bruising back then it might be a problem. Kinda like #47 from last years Gville team. The good news for south pitt? FCS doesn't have a big bruising back and #47 from Gville graduated.

Overall, it was a pretty clean game. South Pitt got away with one hold i noticed but so did Trousdale. A few false starts but nothing else. I think the game was a blend of both side's oppinions on how the game would be. It wasn't the blowout that some thought it would be, but probobly wasn't as close as some thought it would be. South Pitt played hard and answered when they needed to. Trousdale played just as hard but to me this was a simple case of to much talent. South Pitt just had head and shoulders better talent on the field than Trousdale did.

Play of the game: 4th down stop early in the fourth. Took all the momentum from TC and close to sealed the deal.

my favorite play of the game: 4th and a few down in south pitt territory TC goes for it. QB gets hit and fumbles the ball, big offensive lineman plucks it out of the air and rumbles forward for 5 yards. I like seeing big men get the ball.