Region 5 vs. Region 6

theyoungtiger

Just looking at the map White House is East of the 65, they would be better off moving to Region 4 with M.T.C.S. Keep Jo Byrns in 5 , Huntland in 6, McEwen to 7, and Moore Co in 6 this being based on interstate travel time and geography.

That sounds good, MTSU. I agree that my original scenerio didn't make a lot of sense after looking at a map. I was basically trying to break down the regions to minimize travel, equal the numbers and not weaken any regions too badly...

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my geography is correct then Monterey is the furthest east team. The only problem I have against this scenario is that region 4 already contains what is arguable the two worst teams in 1A, and you want to add another one in MTCS.

Oh, I freely admit that it would take a lot of time to perfect, but the current format requires too much travel for several teams and anytime you have one region with 10 teams and two regions with 6 teams, you obviously need to try and balance the numbers out better. That is why you have a team with a 2-8 record in the playoffs (halls) and you have a Forrest team at 7-3 who missed the playoffs...

Oh, I freely admit that it would take a lot of time to perfect, but the current format requires too much travel for several teams and anytime you have one region with 10 teams and two regions with 6 teams, you obviously need to try and balance the numbers out better. That is why you have a team with a 2-8 record in the playoffs (halls) and you have a Forrest team at 7-3 who missed the playoffs...

The bad thing is you have to decide what the most important criteria for grouping these regions. Is it travel time? balanced number in regions? or balanced skill of regions? Your just not going to get everything. To me balanced number in regions is the most important followed by travel time unless of course you could get TSSAA to give schools a travel stipend then travel expense is not a factor (yeah like thats going to happen). After all they do get fifty percent of all the playoff gates plus all those membership fees.

The bad thing is you have to decide what the most important criteria for grouping these regions. Is it travel time? balanced number in regions? or balanced skill of regions? Your just not going to get everything. To me balanced number in regions is the most important followed by travel time unless of course you could get TSSAA to give schools a travel stipend then travel expense is not a factor (yeah like thats going to happen). After all they do get fifty percent of all the playoff gates plus all those membership fees.

Who is this?? That was a well thought out and insightful response... Does 38 know your using her screenname??

Who is this?? That was a well thought out and insightful response... Does 38 know your using her screenname??

The same thing happened to Moto and TheLivingLegend last week. TheLivingLegend got really mad /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now, now no need to be mean. Even I can overshoot my potential every now and then. Besides if you will be perfectly fair I started out on these threads talking about football.(MOTO is my hero). You and Butchie have been very bad influences on me this year.

Oh I agree that a 10 team region existing in the same classification as a 6 team region isn't right. I just don't have to like what it means /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . Because I have a pretty good hunch that when they reclassify region 4 is gonna have another team in it.... and I fear that it will be a team like MTCS that can seriously compete with MJCA and RBS for bottom of the region barrel.

Back to the original point, 10 team region is rediculous

Oh I agree that a 10 team region existing in the same classification as a 6 team region isn't right. I just don't have to like what it means /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . Because I have a pretty good hunch that when they reclassify region 4 is gonna have another team in it.... and I fear that it will be a team like MTCS that can seriously compete with MJCA and RBS for bottom of the region barrel.

Back to the original point, 10 team region is rediculous

Does it bother you because it brings down your SOS or because you have to give up a non-region game?

Does it bother you because it brings down your SOS or because you have to give up a non-region game?

Could care less about SOS, I don't even know where FCS ranks in that. non-region game is bothersome but the real problem is that depending on what new team came into the region, it would take the place of a game that otherwise would be semi-competitive. It could turn out that i'm over-reacting. But I have this vision that instead of FCS vs. East Robertson, or FCS vs. Ezell, that game would be replaced with FCS vs. cupcake... I like the thought that FCS only has two garunteed wins and they have to work for the rest of their wins.

For now it does not matter who is playing in any other region, /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> everyone still knows that Region 6 is still the Region to beat in the playoffs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For now it does not matter who is playing in any other region, /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> everyone still knows that Region 6 is still the Region to beat in the playoffs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So do we need to just send the gold ball to region 6..................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Region 6 sweeps 5 this year. region 5 as usual needs 2 stick 2 bball!