Boyd at Smith County

bigreid

Homecooking assisted the SC team but that is expected in the playoffs right?

Everyone can debate whether the officials handled these situations correctly, but the "home cooking" theory is no good in the playoffs. As an official, I can tell you that the officiating crew would have been from some other area. I am in the Chattanooga association and we traveled to Knoxville or Nashville for games. That crew in SC would have been from an area that was neither Nashville or Chattanooga (Boyd's officials). Without knowing I would guess Knoxville.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This postman cat does sound like every other westmoreland fan I'v ever been around but he does have a point about the refs and smith county. I played smith county in the hole during my days at portland and i remember the game when we were cheated by the refs very well. They get some good cookin over there thats 4sure. Postman mentioned the billfole insident. I remember it well.

The ref's where correct on the call that the billfole came out. The head ref threw a flag thinking it was an illegal formation.After the play he talked with the linesman and he told him the reciever was off the ball which made it a legal formation,so he picked up his flag as he should have done. And being from Portland you sure don't need to be talking about homecooking the place it was invented.

Everyone can debate whether the officials handled these situations correctly, but the "home cooking" theory is no good in the playoffs. As an official, I can tell you that the officiating crew would have been from some other area. I am in the Chattanooga association and we traveled to Knoxville or Nashville for games. That crew in SC would have been from an area that was neither Nashville or Chattanooga (Boyd's officials). Without knowing I would guess Knoxville.

It doesn't matter where they were from yes the made some mistakes but in the end the game was won or lost by the kids and coaches.

...You are exactly right...Tyner/Westmoreland officials were from Knoxville and did a pretty good job!!!