JCS @ Milan

Gocart

Milan definitely has a rough road to a possible Semi-Final/State matchup. Just a brutal schedule. I agree with you, definitely, JCS got a good breather last week with Dresden....A good chance to get some people healthy for the playoffs. Milan , biased or not, really brought it to Westview...You check the rushing stats and first downs. I think it was 16-8 in First downs in favor of Milan. So I wouldn't say the game really wore Milan out.. Maybe emotionally it did. That is a possibility. But if Westview beats Peabody..they play a no name next week, only to prepare for a Milan/JCS/Huntingdon opponent. Clearly they have the "easiest" road to a Semifinal. I think Milan can make a good run. I believe it starts up front, running behind Brent Hanson. I think that is a big key for Friday night. Milan needs to play a "keep away" game from Hudson and have long "grinded out" drives with Gilbert. He is going to have to put Milan on his back and carry the rock.

Gilbert is certainly coming of age. He's kind of overshadowed by all the other big names in West Tennessee but he is only a sophomore. Bad news for the rest of the Region. If he is this good now, AND HE IS VERY GOOD, it is frightening to think of what he will be next year and the year after. Coleman is also peaking and looking very good. I think that started against us last time--- I'm sure he has only gotten better. Then you got that Receiver we couldn't stop--what's his name? Santana Moss or something... And, of course, you've got Hanson protecting and making holes. I know that in no way is everyone. Milan certainly does have the talent to make the run this year. I HOPE NOT... I want my Eagles to leave a bigger mark than just "a good debut in 2-A." Looking forward to a great game no matter what!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you read your post there's only two characters. but yes my friend leonidas is a character off of "300" as am i. i appreciate it captain obvious

How about you and your buddy take your distasteful comments elsewhere. I was not pointing out that both of you have taken the of a 300 character but rather both of you have taken 300 names and make the same type of anit-milan posts(for whatever reason) and are quite possibly in cahoots.

Chris Bledsoe(younger brother of Brian) also got the start last week at FB giving us two SOs starting in the backfield. I noticed a couple of plays early where he might have missed an assignment probably due to his inexperience but looked better and better with every play. I thought this was a good move by the coaching staff. Rowdys a very good ball player but looked out of position at FB. Bledsoe is faster and is looking to take someones head off every play.

Gilbert is certainly coming of age. He's kind of overshadowed by all the other big names in West Tennessee but he is only a sophomore. Bad news for the rest of the Region. If he is this good now, AND HE IS VERY GOOD, it is frightening to think of what he will be next year and the year after. Coleman is also peaking and looking very good. I think that started against us last time--- I'm sure he has only gotten better. Then you got that Receiver we couldn't stop--what's his name? Santana Moss or something... And, of course, you've got Hanson protecting and making holes. I know that in no way is everyone. Milan certainly does have the talent to make the run this year. I HOPE NOT... I want my Eagles to leave a bigger mark than just "a good debut in 2-A." Looking forward to a great game no matter what!

Those are some good points. Milan has 4 sophomores starting and one more getting around half the snaps. They also have a stud freshman class coming on as well.

Without Brian Bledsoe we don't beat Humboldt or Peabody in the playoffs last year. He's one of the best. He overran one hail mary but thats it. Pearson had the other that gave up the the 70 something yard TD.

From the JCS website.....--Wear black and bring white "rally rags" to the JCS-Milan football game on Friday.

Let me break it down for you.. First off JCS's only chance of winning this game is stoppin Gilbert which will NEVER happen. Yes Milan's secondary will be challenged but i think they have grown use to defending the pass and have done a better job here lately. I look to see Gilbert have an absolute field day tonight rushing close to 150 is my prediction. M TOWN- 28 JCwhatever they are- 14

Next victim- STANGS

Let me break it down for you.. First off JCS's only chance of winning this game is stoppin Gilbert which will NEVER happen. Yes Milan's secondary will be challenged but i think they have grown use to defending the pass and have done a better job here lately. I look to see Gilbert have an absolute field day tonight rushing close to 150 is my prediction. M TOWN- 28 JCwhatever they are- 14

Next victim- STANGS

im gonna go out on a limb and say he gets 175 to 200

yea...yea...yea...

As I recall in the paper last year, JCS faced top running backs last year that were going to run all over them /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> in the playoffs. And guess what...it didn't happen and they were quick as lightening. If the JCS offense can stay on the field, run off the clock and put up some points, then the defense will take care of its job.