Cookeville @ Smyrna

THE SQUAD

my view - my opinion

cookeville started with and onside kick that got them 3 points

smyrna scored 14 straight with bryson running the ball ( he is a going to be special not many freshman can say they ran for around 150 against brentwood academy and 178 against a good defensive cookeville team)

cookeville had a bout a 60 yard run that got them in poisiton for a td right before the half and made ot 14 to 10

after that---

smyrnas defense dominated! cookeville went 7 straight 3 and outs for a net total of 4 yards and did not cross mid field but once the rest of the game and that was stopped with an interception in the end zone and returned 58 yards.

cookevile double rod and on some plays cheated a safety over on him. They made the decision he will not beat us lets make somebody else do it. Jeremiah Bryson 178 yards on 20 carries ( 17.8 per carry) and 3 tds.

the ref crew was the worst crew I have ever seen assigned to a play off game. I have not other way to describe it but they were just not a very professional crew.

cookevilles locker room did get broken into and from everyone in Smyrna that has worked to make smyrna a class organization I apologize and when I heard it it made me sick. Smyrna hired about triple the number of officers for this game and I have been around here for years and I dont know of this ever happening.

I hope the folks from cookeville know how sorry we are but if you get enough people together their will be some low life scum in that group somewhere.

I take this personally I absolutely hate thiefs!!

One last thing Smyrna on offense has to be patient and take the running game when it is there. Once we did that in the second half we took control.

lets go to the pit!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my view - my opinion

cookeville started with and onside kick that got them 3 points

smyrna scored 14 straight with bryson running the ball ( he is a going to be special not many freshman can say they ran for around 150 against brentwood academy and 178 against a good defensive cookeville team)

cookeville had a bout a 60 yard run that got them in poisiton for a td right before the half and made ot 14 to 10

after that---

smyrnas defense dominated! cookeville went 7 straight 3 and outs for a net total of 4 yards and did not cross mid field but once the rest of the game and that was stopped with an interception in the end zone and returned 58 yards.

cookevile double rod and on some plays cheated a safety over on him. They made the decision he will not beat us lets make somebody else do it. Jeremiah Bryson 178 yards on 20 carries ( 17.8 per carry) and 3 tds.

the ref crew was the worst crew I have ever seen assigned to a play off game. I have not other way to describe it but they were just not a very professional crew.

cookevilles locker room did get broken into and from everyone in Smyrna that has worked to make smyrna a class organization I apologize and when I heard it it made me sick. Smyrna hired about triple the number of officers for this game and I have been around here for years and I dont know of this ever happening.

I hope the folks from cookeville know how sorry we are but if you get enough people together their will be some low life scum in that group somewhere.

I take this personally I absolutely hate thiefs!!

One last thing Smyrna on offense has to be patient and take the running game when it is there. Once we did that in the second half we took control.

lets go to the pit!!!

yeah that stinks..i want to know who did it cause they're making us look bad

and good game last night. cookeville........

now dogs..lets go

yeah that stinks..i want to know who did it cause they're making us look bad

and good game last night. cookeville........

now dogs..lets go

This is my very first post and let me say that Smyrna has a great field and we Cavaliers were honored to be there playing the Bulldogs and we knew they were a good football team and this would be a battle. Smyrna played great and will probably go far in the playoffs. It was a tough loss for our Cavalier team, expecially the seniors. It was very emotional on the field after the game as anyone would imagine.

However, NO ONE COULD EVER IMAGINE HOW THOSE BOYS FELT when they go back to the locker room preparing for the long ride home and find that the locker room had not been secured and EVERYONE had something stolen. Thousands of dollars of their personal belongings had been stolen!!!!! Their wallets, cellphones, cellphone batteries, cash, ipods, MP3s and etc.

The law enforcement (if that is what you call them) were so matter of fact..... They acted like this was NO BIG DEAL. One of them even told a parent this is what happens around here sometimes they said that no ones life is in danger so CALM DOWN!!!!! I am a parent of one of those boys and this was a big deal!!! IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO US BEFORE and I certainly know it has not happened at Cookeville High School to an opposing team.

I hope that whoever Smyrna has at home next week BE CAREFUL!!! Do not take any personal belongings in their locker room. Keep it locked on the bus or at home!!!

You would think that the principal and coaches or someone would respond to this. I feel that our football team deserves an apology from the school at the least. I am sure the boys have seen their stuff for the last time.

This is my very first post and let me say that Smyrna has a great field and we Cavaliers were honored to be there playing the Bulldogs and we knew they were a good football team and this would be a battle. Smyrna played great and will probably go far in the playoffs. It was a tough loss for our Cavalier team, expecially the seniors. It was very emotional on the field after the game as anyone would imagine.

However, NO ONE COULD EVER IMAGINE HOW THOSE BOYS FELT when they go back to the locker room preparing for the long ride home and find that the locker room had not been secured and EVERYONE had something stolen. Thousands of dollars of their personal belongings had been stolen!!!!! Their wallets, cellphones, cellphone batteries, cash, ipods, MP3s and etc.

The law enforcement (if that is what you call them) were so matter of fact..... They acted like this was NO BIG DEAL. One of them even told a parent this is what happens around here sometimes they said that no ones life is in danger so CALM DOWN!!!!! I am a parent of one of those boys and this was a big deal!!! IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO US BEFORE and I certainly know it has not happened at Cookeville High School to an opposing team.

I hope that whoever Smyrna has at home next week BE CAREFUL!!! Do not take any personal belongings in their locker room. Keep it locked on the bus or at home!!!

You would think that the principal and coaches or someone would respond to this. I feel that our football team deserves an apology from the school at the least. I am sure the boys have seen their stuff for the last time.

Its never happened at smyrna either...i think the cops relly didnt know how to act cause most of what they deal with is fans arguing....so for this happening its kindof shocking....the gym should have been locked...the coaches should have had a key to lock the gym with so you might want to check with them and see who was supposed to lock it

Its never happened at smyrna either...i think the cops relly didnt know how to act cause most of what they deal with is fans arguing....so for this happening its kindof shocking....the gym should have been locked...the coaches should have had a key to lock the gym with so you might want to check with them and see who was supposed to lock it

That's BS, it has happened at Smyrna before. It happened at the Riverdale and Smyrna game. Riverdale players has phones stolen too. And at the Lavergne and Smyrna game, Lavergne had crap spray painted all over the place. When Coach Shad got a call about it from the Lavergne coach, his reply was to save Sonny's because it could be worth something some day and hung up the phone. Way tho go Smyrna, you guys are a real class act. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

To any team out there. Be prepared when you go to Smyrna, expect the worst and hope for the best!!!

I can assure you the coaches and the administration of smyrna high school will respnd to this. I know they were very un happy about it.

However it is saturday morning and both schools are out I would imagine there will be some contact rom smyrna monday. No one from the administration will repsond on coach t it will be principal to principal.

Once again as someone very involved with Smyrna hs as the QB club president I have and continue to apoloigize to everyone from Cookeville fro the actions of an individual or a small few that had rather steal from olthers than earn it themselves. I am sure smyrna will look at what can be done to make sure this never occurs again. I t has never happened here before either

I've heard that Warren County had their locker room broken into at Riverdale last night also. What is it with people in Rutherford County??? Must they resort into stealing for region 3-5A???

Rutherford County has nothing to do with it. Its those few thieves that give the County a bad name. As for Riverdale, I haven't heard that anything was stolen.

That's BS, it has happened at Smyrna before. It happened at the Riverdale and Smyrna game. Riverdale players has phones stolen too. And at the Lavergne and Smyrna game, Lavergne had crap spray painted all over the place. When Coach Shad got a call about it from the Lavergne coach, his reply was to save Sonny's because it could be worth something some day and hung up the phone. Way tho go Smyrna, you guys are a real class act. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

To any team out there. Be prepared when you go to Smyrna, expect the worst and hope for the best!!!

well then its someone who has a copy of the key to the school cause those doors are supposed to be locked when the team comes out of the gym.....yeah we are a class act....but like everywhere else there's that idiot thats gonna make us look bad

Rutherford County has nothing to do with it. Its those few thieves that give the County a bad name. As for Riverdale, I haven't heard that anything was stolen.

Thankyou /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

its those few idiots that make us look bad...i havent heard about anything being stolen at that game either

and then the easter bunny and santa clause showed up riding a unicorn

thats what I thought would happen after this is haters putting non sense on here as fact.