State Tourney in 2003

OSHSman

Memphis, Chattanooga, Timbuctoo.......we will travel to wherever for a place at the table.

Yes, Memphis is a further for us in E. TN., and I personally thought Chattanooga did a good job.....but it's a done deal. Memphis is a great town - lived there for 5 years - but in my limited experience (last year's Spring Fling) we didn't have much time to do anything but play ball anyway. I am sure CBHS has a great field and I do not know where else games would be played, but Memphis will do a good job......and as I said we hope to be wherever thye Ump says "Play ball!"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Redbirds now needing AutoZone Park for a home series with Albuquerque, the TSSAA likely will choose between Gagliano Field and the University of Memphis's Nat Buring Stadium as the site for its four championship games, set to be played May 23-24. AutoZone Park will instead host some early-round games. The Redbirds are letting the TSSAA use the park the entire week with the exception of the time needed for the series wth Albuquerque.

USA Stadium in Millington likewise is not available for the title games. It will be hosting the National Junior College Athletic Association Division 2 World Series at the same time.

The title games in each of the four baseball classifications could have been held on Friday and Saturday morning, but the TSSAA prefers to play them in the evening. It also did not want to risk inclement weather bringing the high schools and the Redbirds into conflict.

The TSSAA likely will choose between Gagliano Field and the University of Memphis's Nat Buring Stadium as the site for its four championship games, set to be played May 23-24.

The TSSAA has "sort of been assured that conflicts will not occur in the future."

Coach Clark,

We really need the Memphis teams to travel to Chattanooga, seems Delmonico doesn't know where Memphis is!:D

I had a long talk with Bob yesterday, it was his first day back at work from 10 days in in the hospital with pneumonia. The pneumonia will keep him weak for some time and he will need to take care.

The message board went down while Bob was in the hospital and he wasn't able to respond. It seems it was more of a server issue than a software problem, but he is in the process of changing servers and everything will be better when back up. We all will need to re-register again when the board is back up. He also said you might have a few questions for me concerning the summer and I'll be happy to tell you what I know. I think you have my email address already.

Bob is very touched with the "websters" that were concerned and is aware of our need for a baseball fix.

I could care less where it is. i just wanna go. of course you want to play infront of your family and friends, but when it comes down to it. you know you really wouldn't care where it is. JUST as long as you're going to play!! :)