Anyone see playday at Lipscomb

believeme

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillsboro, Jackson Co, & Lipscomb looked to be the best 3 teams i saw, but i did not Ezell... Hillsboro has talent on both ends of the floor; plus size & strength... Lipscomb is very well rounded, can shoot the 3-ball extremely well, and play solid defense... Jackson Co played extremely well on the defensive side, didnt see much out of the offense, they will improve.

Cheatham, Brentwood Academy, Jackson County, Lipscomb

The question was: Impressed by anyone?

I gave short answer. Didn't have time to elaborate. Cheatham should walk through their district. Too much experience (Hunter, Olds, Doty, etc), depth (10 deep), talent, coaching, etc. BA looked good in the game I saw. I like their coach. They had pretty good size. Jackson Co was very impressive. Lipscomb looked pretty good as well. The metro schools I saw looked... not as talented as a some of other teams. Did not see EH or JPII. Hope that helps.

There bench did not look very deep. If someone presses them throughout the game they could be in trouble. Speaking of deep, Lipscomb had a full bench, but I would not say they were deep as far as talent. Lipscomb nor Ezell will win this district.

Believe Me.

Believe me the only way Ezell or lipscomb do not win this district is if they are disqualified or they get expelled for dancing. FRA returns two great post players, Cannaday and Jackson, they will back up and play zone all year allowing you one shot, Power post looking for the foul shots. Lipscomb is very young, they have two returning players that are very good and they will win a lot of games. CPA is unknown they can only get better from last year. If you press Ezell or Lipscomb you will get to see what a lay up drill looks like in real life up close. Ezell returns all of their players, including leah McCallaster (best player in District) and the point guard that were out for about 15-20 games last year with injury,Plus they have a post player Davis who can score and board. They lost only one player from last year. Pearl Cohn is up and down and are a unkown at this time, the others will have about the same type of year they have had in the past.I think the winner of this district is 2-easy.... The region goes through Marshall, will you be ready?

:0)