McNairy Central vs David Lipscomb

sportsnutdad

1. McNairy ended up as the four seed by losing to Bolivar and South Side in two key region games. But give them credit in the South Side game because they continued playing until the clock said 0. They were playing well in the second half.

2. McNairy has several key players. Justin Mood is one of the best running backs in west Tennessee. He is very quick and hard to bring down. He shares palying time with C.J. Simmons who is also a good running back. Ryan Smith is a dual threat. He is a good reciever and a good cornerback. A couple of weeks ago he had a 98 yard interception return for a touchdown. Other key players to watch are QB/S Jonathan Jones, LB/FB Darron Turner, WR/CB Logan Chappell, and TE/DE/P Neil Sanders.

3. They are known for bringing a crowd to every away game. They also have a very strong student section with the Blue Nation.

This should be a good game to see. Good luck to both teams.

I GRANT YOU DL KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT MCNAIRY WILL BRING IN THEIR GAME PLAN/PLAYERS,ETC. WITHOUT YOU EXPOUNDING ON YOUR PLAYERS CONTRIBUTIONS DURING THE SEASON. MCNAIRY WILL SEE A REAL TEAM THIS WEEK.WHEN YALL GET USE TO WATCHING A TEAM OF DL CALIBER OPERATE SIT BACK ENJOY THO MCNAIRYIS LOSING "BIG". DL WILL WIN THE STATE THIS YEAR !!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 5 & 6 match up well against each other except for DL.

They are 40 better than 2 & 3 seeds Giles & Marshall

I also believe they are 40 better than any team in region 6.

Sorry region 6 fans but thats the way it is.

Why doesnt DL go play with the other private schools like BA????????

OH! thats right they will get smacked by 40

Not to insult David Lipscomb...but who have they really played. I understand that they have to be good to be ranked 3rd in the state, but their schedule is not that impressive. I might be wrong about this but I think McNairy plays a tougher schedule than DL. They have played Dyer Co(#5 in the state) and beat them 38 to 7. They beat an atheletic Fayette-Ware team who is the region 6-3a champion 28 to 6. McNairy has the drive to win this game because they know they have something to prove after two disappointing seasons. I think McNairy can pull this game off. They have too much talent to not be able to make a run in the playoffs. I don't think that DL is used to playing against very strong defenses and I don't think they can stop McNairy's run game. Good luck to both teams.

My pick:

McNairy 28

David Lipscomb 14

This is what happens every year from someone from region 6. Their head is stuck so far in the ground about football in Middle Tn.....that they are clueless.

WHAT????? YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! Go easy on the drugs friend because there's nobody in the state that would beat David Lipscomb by "40" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" That post is comical /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WHAT????? YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! Go easy on the drugs friend because there's nobody in the state that would beat David Lipscomb by "40" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" That post is comical /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thats big talk, from a big city private school that hides in a division playing small town schools, you shouldn't feel bad though BA did it for years. Nothing wrong with DL wanting to follow in someones footsteps.

Why doesnt DL go play with the other private schools like BA???????? OH! thats right they will get smacked by 40

Ditto!!!! Ditto!!!! I agree 100 PERCENT. Having played them myself for four years straight (and never won) they need to pick on somebody their own size. Although I do think they will win it all because they are a very good football team. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Thats big talk, from a big city private school that hides in a division playing small town schools, you shouldn't feel bad though BA did it for years. Nothing wrong with DL wanting to follow in someones footsteps.

Big Country is for one of those small town schools.

My, my my! I guess you'd like it better if DL played schools of equal size - dropping the multiplier that moves them up to AAA. Then you wouldn't have to play them. This is the way it is until TSSAA figures out a better way! So just prepare hard, play your best, and believe you can win. What's going on inside of each player can often overcome external circumstances. (The Little Engine That Could) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

However, I don't think TSSAA will ever get it right. Look at the mess 2AA is in this year!!!! It's a complete shame! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Goodpasture, CPA, DCA, FRA, Ezell Harding, Knoxville Catholic, Notre Dame, & DAVID LIPSCOMB are all "Private Schools" that play in other classes outside of D-II. How is it that the Mustangs are the only guilty team that you want to point out????? Is it because they are always successful and always beat other teams brains in because they have kids that work and play hard and are well coached????? If so then my friend you are one jealous induvidual.

A "big city private school" guy huh????? I am from CHEATHAM COUNTY friend. David Lipscomb beat the Cubs in week four 42-0 and it was a 28-0 game six minutes into the contest. They could have scored 200+ points on that night had Coach Mac & Co. truly wanted to do so. THANK THE GOOD LORD THAT THEY DID NOT ELECT TO DO THIS!!! I have always and will continue to always tip my cap to David Lipscomb whether we are fortunate enough to beat them or whether they continue to beat us. I have the upmost respect for their players, coaches, and fans. They are a class bunch all the way around. For you to degrade their accomplishments by posting this garbage is really and truly sad on your part and it's retarded all the way around.

GOOD LUCK TO THE DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

I GRANT YOU DL KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT MCNAIRY WILL BRING IN THEIR GAME PLAN/PLAYERS,ETC. WITHOUT YOU EXPOUNDING ON YOUR PLAYERS CONTRIBUTIONS DURING THE SEASON. MCNAIRY WILL SEE A REAL TEAM THIS WEEK.WHEN YALL GET USE TO WATCHING A TEAM OF DL CALIBER OPERATE SIT BACK ENJOY THO MCNAIRYIS LOSING "BIG". DL WILL WIN THE STATE THIS YEAR !!

I think he was just informing the fans of players to watch for, not "expounding contributions".

McNairy will see a real team this week? So the Dyer Co. team that you were cheering, are they a fake team? You know, the one McNairy manhandled during the regular season. The one you think will meet DL in the semis. You said they came together as a "T-E-A-M" after that loss. Well they had to, McNairy ripped them apart. I really can't see how someone from 7-3A can come on this topic and bash a 6-3A team. A 5-3A school has knocked you guys out of the playoffs the last 2 years just like us. You guys go around shouting that you have the stronger region, but give me the last 2 region champion's (since the re-classification) record in the playoffs and then prove you have a stronger region. A 2-8 Sheffield knocks one out, and a 5-3A school (DL) knocks the other out.

5-3A just has better football right know. I picked Dyersburg to win state at the first of the year, but they will have to upset a 5-3A team to do so. If the bracket was switched and 7-3A had to get through 5-3A, we would never see you guys in the semis either.

It can't be said that Lipscomb is taking McNairy Central lightly. They know they're a good football team and have beaten some very good teams. DL will be ready and not take anyone lightly at this point.

Let me say one thing nobody has mentioned. This group of seniors at DL have been to the finals two years straight and lost. They're hungry and will lead this group to Murfreesboro!

SND

We welcome Alltherage to Coacht. It would appear that you are relatively new to this forum. You might want to learn more about the David Lipscomb program before you make these "original" comments. Lipscomb is not like BA, MBA and the others. I referenced these points in a earlier thread which you probably missed, perhaps they will help you understand how weak your comment is:

1. A head coach who has been at the school for 26 seasons.

2. Assistant coaches who have been with the program for about 15 years.

3. A conditioning and lifting program that is year round with parents and the players signing a committment agreement.

4. A team with a feeder system, a middle school team who basically run the same offense and the same defensive calls as the varsity (The fifth and sixth grade teams who are now familiar with the Lipscomb calls)

5. A B-Team with their own schedule

6. A stand alone freshman team with their own schedule

7. No financial aid

8. You do all of the above with less than half of what public schools have in their varsity football budget

9. A senior class who have spent 6 years within the same system.

Stability equals success. It took about 7-8 seasons before Lipscomb became a consistent winner and it took them 13 years before playing in their first State Championship game. Most public schools will replace their head coach and staff long before that and that program ususally has to start over.

So its a story not about recruitment, financial aid, work-study or even a football budget...its a stable and long system which has provided a proven track record. It took 20 years to get to this level of consistency of competing yearly for State Championships.

So we have given you the business plan. Encourage your school to institute it and remain committed to the plan. I imagine that you could also witness success.