Greenbrier at McMinn Central (NEW)

GreenbrierCat2

We talk a bunch about our players...'cause that's who ultimately has to execute what they've been taught each week to win the game. But, y'all take a long hard look at our sideline when we line up. See if you notice any familiar faces (hint: 2 ex-UT football players - one of which was an All-American LB back in tha day, a couple of HS All-Everythings from a few years back, some very experienced - as in been to the 'big dance' - assistants and a legendary coach that's known all over the state). And y'all are just gonna die when you see the discipline and sportsmanship displayed...and expected...of all the players. Hate to brag on 'em, but I just couldn't contain it any longer. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Win or lose, this 'program' will impress you. If not, well...then, I guess you wouldn't recognize 'class' if it smacked you in the mouth...which is what this team is gonna do...Friday night. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

GO Cats!

5Sport, I didn't know he was a UT football captain, but when I watched the CSS replay it was cool to watch him busting with pride after that first pick and TD...we're usually looking at their backs.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We talk a bunch about our players...'cause that's who ultimately has to execute what they've been taught each week to win the game. But, y'all take a long hard look at our sideline when we line up. See if you notice any familiar faces (hint: 2 ex-UT football players - one of which was an All-American LB back in tha day, a couple of HS All-Everythings from a few years back, some very experienced - as in been to the 'big dance' - assistants and a legendary coach that's known all over the state). And y'all are just gonna die when you see the discipline and sportsmanship displayed...and expected...of all the players. Hate to brag on 'em, but I just couldn't contain it any longer. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Win or lose, this 'program' will impress you. If not, well...then, I guess you wouldn't recognize 'class' if it smacked you in the mouth...which is what this team is gonna do...Friday night. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

GO Cats!

Well said! Even with the past success, I think this is one of the top things that I've always taken pride in with Greenbrier football. Seldom do you see any player act the fool.

"You make the long trip, score early and easily on your first possessions, and take an early, comfortable lead. Scoring seems easy so you lose a little more fire/focus. "

Do you think the drive will have the same effect on your team, coming to Central, its a long boring trip?

I think the day of Macon had more factors than just riding on a bus.

I didn't realize this til this morning, but the last time we took a long, boring trip was to Memphis. I remember it well, because we won the semi-finals in Memphis.

I guess travel is always a concern, but our coaches aren't going to expect them to file out of the bus an hour before gametime. They will leave early, and break up the trip, eat, relax and get ready to play some football. The fans will be shortly behind them in cars and buses.

"You make the long trip, score early and easily on your first possessions, and take an early, comfortable lead. Scoring seems easy so you lose a little more fire/focus. "

Do you think the drive will have the same effect on your team, coming to Central, its a long boring trip?

Good question again. That's a hard one to answer. It may affect a few, others I'm sure it will not. It's hard to gauge what a bunch of 16, 17, and 18 year olds will do but I think that's where the leadership from others makes a difference. If you have it... I don't think it's an issue. If you don't, you'll melt. NOTHING IS AS BORING AS DRIVING TO WEST TENNESSEE! The team from 2004 made some dreadfully long trips to west and played some Pearl Cohn-like teams and never missed a beat but it was a team loaded with experienced seniors. This team doesn't have as many but they still have some that have been there before. With Greenbrier, I think once the ball is put in play, it really won't matter.

Good question! It was just one of those nights when it wasn't our night. You're playing a team that's been every one's whipping boy but they've steadily improved a little week-by-week and it's their Senior Night. You know that you should win easily so you don't focus on the game as much as usual. (plus your VB team has been playing/WINNING the state championship during the week) You make the long trip, score early and easily on your first possessions, and take an early, comfortable lead. Scoring seems easy so you lose a little more fire/focus. You have a few calls that go against you, MC makes a few big plays, and starts picking up momentum. Eventually, they have a really big play that covers about 90 yards in one swoop, they tie it up and force OT, we have a fluke play and fumble the first play in OT, they run three and kick the FG. It's like with any upset; you let the underdog hang around long enough, get a break or two, and pick up the momentum.... they're going to bite you.

FRIDAY NIGHT IS GONNA BE "ONE OF THOSE NIGHTS" WHEN YOU MEET THE CHARGER "O" AND THE CHARGER "D" ...........GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

5Sport, I didn't know he was a UT football captain, but when I watched the CSS replay it was cool to watch him busting with pride after that first pick and TD...we're usually looking at their backs.

Y'all just argue amongst yourselves while I say this...

And not to be IMin'...I talked to him Saturday and he said that's the first time he can remember that he hugged his son during a game. That's sad, but he's obviously painfully aware that he can't show his true feelings sometimes. I've always been impressed with him. Heck, the whole staff. I just hope they stay together a little while longer ( /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> ).

And now, back to 'game talk'...

You LIKE explaination points, don't you??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

AND I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO TALK ABOUT THE GAME??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You just wanna be in control.....ok, have at it, it's yours....you can call this "your thread" who cares?? not I ..... Chargers gonna stomp on them some cats come Friday night!!! and Lawdy, the squealin will be like somethin u neva heard.....Meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO TALK ABOUT THE GAME??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You just wanna be in control.....ok, have at it, it's yours....you can call this "your thread" who cares?? not I ..... Chargers gonna stomp on them some cats come Friday night!!! and Lawdy, the squealin will be like somethin u neva heard.....Meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are YOU a player?